TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

2 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

2. Gerald McCoy = 2 for 32 Mill... I’m sure this will be popular as most Raven fans want to see McCoy come over 

Why would we give McCoy this contract after he signed with the Panthers for much less last season? Just curious, seemed a little odd.

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Why would we give McCoy this contract after he signed with the Panthers for much less last season? Just curious, seemed a little odd.

So the mock using an alga-rhythm based off of players play the previous season from ratings on two sites such as PFF. The creator of the mock has always used this process and it comes up with APY the player will be requesting. McCoy is requesting 13 mill per year at a 2 year contact.. Which based off last season was a 1 year prove it again deal. He made 10 Mill with Bonuses. 

My official offer is a 2 year - 27 mill with included roster bonuses/WO Bonuses to get us to that total. 

Cap Hits: 

20 - 12 Mill 

21 - 15 mill 

Edited by ravens5520

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

It's so funny that Gerald McCoy wants 13 APY, and Judon is fine with just 4.5 :D. You just know Judon would be furious even though it's a mock version of him.

Right. If you look on PFF, Judon was fairly average on his grades. He does disappear in games. Not a fan of locking him up long term for the money he will be offered. Smith is the one I didn’t want to lose last year. Knew he was hitting his prime honestly 

• Like 1

Just now, ravens5520 said:

Right. If you look on PFF, Judon was fairly average on his grades. He does disappear in games. Not a fan of locking him up long term for the money he will be offered. Smith is the one I didn’t want to lose last year. Knew he was hitting his prime honestly 

An easy wish for Raven fans is switching the tenures of Judon and ZDS. No doubt we would've extended him if he was in Judon's place this offseason :(. Oh well, happy he's thriving out in GB. And his success will surely boost the perception around the league of Matt Judon. Help us get a better comp.

• Like 2

Not a fan of trading hurst. We still have him for relatively cheap for 2 years and he serves a role atm as a great utility tool who still has some upside. After his 4th year he still has some trade value if we choose to pick up his 5th year option. 

Trading a starting interior oline for an expensive linebacker makes little sense to me. In our system an inside linebacker is mostly a part of a platoon of guys with different skillsets and we don't get a great player at linebacker in Williamson compared to the hole we create on the oline by trading away a young, cheap, ascending and so far injury free starter in Bozeman who has some versatility to play both guard and center.

Torn on the Bozeman but I backed down from trading Hurst. No value out there and useless to deal him unless I was plugging up a need.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

In our system an inside linebacker is mostly a part of a platoon of guys with different skillsets and we don't get a great player at linebacker in Williamson compared to the hole we create on the oline by trading away a young, cheap, ascending and so far injury free starter in Bozeman who has some versatility to play both guard and center.

I disagree. ILB was a much larger need last year as we saw almost 4 starters change throughout the season. We couldn’t cover TE very well early on and it showed. Williamson is only $6.5 mill. I don’t count that as expensive with the free agent market showing $10 mill a season for players. Plus with the deal, we would be allowed to extend Williamson. I’d be curious to see his numbers after that