TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

5 hours ago, Danand said:

They where all quality players. Don't just list up stats/make one stat the utmost important measurement.

Gillmore was a non-factor for years and often injured. He is a bad example and Waller never really produced for us - he just did it with the Raiders. Pitta and Andrews are the guys, so that is two. Hurst is on the Dickson level after 1 healthy season and his upside is still there.

Waller can’t be put in that context! We always saw his potential. The guy couldn’t stay on the field with the suspensions. Last years draft put a nail in his coffin for his 3 strikes with our brass. I knew he would blow up if he kept clean and on the field. 

Hurst is a loss, But Andrews & Boyle will hold it down. We can’t speculate injuries, but we still have opportunities to add TE depth. I’m looking at Charles Clay on the cheap UFA or mid round talent with all our 3rd & 4ths I have stockpiled. 

If we speculate injuries for the sake of your rebuttals, then look at D-line... outside of Ricard, Wormley, Williams or Pierce. We have nothing. Banking on mid round draft picks don’t solve any issues here. Every mid round IDL selection has taken 2-3 years before producing. 

Edited by ravens5520
  • Like 1

I know Hurst Will blow up the nfl next year. 

And yes, waller can be put in that context. Talented as he was, he wasn't able to stay on the field. 

Boyle is also a suspension away from the three strikes.

With regard to depth at the dline, we All recognize the positions need there, which is why we discuss Them in the draft prospects thread. I am questioning the move adding dline talent while creating a need somewhere else because you think Hurst is already a loss. 

Tight ends just like dlines also takes some time to producer, so that argument works for both positions. 

Now that You made the trade, i would rather focus on some of the draft talent rather than going for a ufa. 

Lack of top end talent might drop some talents at Tight end in the draft, or a Guy like DB mentioned like deguara which seems like a versatile piece Who can also find holdes in the zone could be an option as well

4 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Deal was accepted with Washington. Welcome Jonathan Allen!

very excited for this move! Still young and could hit his prime with our schemes. 14 sacks in the last two season has me thinking we could fill a huge pass void from our front 3.

Sad to move on from Hurst, but Andrews has shown his chemistry with Lamar and the sky is the limit. 

** I will post an updated Depth Chart on page 1 later today**

I'm salty. Curious if I could have gotten him for Rudolph and something. 

• Like 1

Be free to inspect page 1! Fully updated. Happy where we are at. No huge moves, plenty of draft assets and some cash to make a splash in free agency! Very worried being currently thin at OLB and ILB, but hopefully we can fill 1-2 spots before the draft 

Thank you for all the feedback! Always a better time running these semi legit and hearing all the input from Ravens Flock! 

4 hours ago, Danand said:

They where all quality players. Don't just list up stats/make one stat the utmost important measurement.

Gillmore was a non-factor for years and often injured. He is a bad example and Waller never really produced for us - he just did it with the Raiders. Pitta and Andrews are the guys, so that is two. Hurst is on the Dickson level after 1 healthy season and his upside is still there.

The point was guys with notable talent that produced. We have a PB talent in Andrews, a Gillmore talent as a reserve would suffice. Waller we only gave up on because our TE core looked like; Andrews, Hurst, Boyle, and Williams. Finding the talent is the point.

Law of diminishing returns means that we can only get so much from the TE position. Hurst is near his apex of production considering our 3 TE usage. Our TEs got 1522 yards. How much more can the group collectively have? Maybe 200-300 more yards?

Lastly I’m not just making “one stat important” we need IDL that can rush the passer. Your point was totally irrelevant because whether Pierce or Williams we’re dominant IDL against the run, they don’t get to the QB. It’s simple Jonathan Allen by himself had 1.5X the amount of sacks as the entirety of our IDL. He would’ve finished second on our team in sacks behind only Judon. I’m not cherry-picking a stat, I’m sure someone could look up total pressures generated and Allen would significantly outpace our IDL in that category as well. Honestly I’m not even sure how it’s arguable that an impactful IDL and a 4th round pick isn’t worth more than Hurst, a backup TE. You’re clearly attributing way too much value to him because he’s “on our team”.

Free Agent Signings

0645 - Daryl Williams - LG $14,710,648 BAL
1707 - Matt Judon - 34OLB $14,731,557 BAL
2005 - Reggie Ragland - ILB $3,375,000 BAL

Top two are 3 year deals. Reggie is a 2 year deal 

crazy that Judon only had 1 bid in round one verse Markus Golden who had 3. Also signed for a total of 38 million 

Results can be found here:

page 115 or 116 incase the link doesn’t take you right there 

Notables:

Clowney: 100 million dollar man(Jags)

Brady: Chicago 

Melvin Gordon: Detroit 

Shaq Barrett: Miami 

Emmanuel Sanders: 2 year 26 mill Jets.. solid value actually. But if i didn’t grab Jeffrey, sanders would have been an option. 

Teddy Bridgewater: Patriots

Cam Newton: Titans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

Free Agent Signings

0645 - Daryl Williams - LG $14,710,648 BAL
1707 - Matt Judon - 34OLB $14,731,557 BAL
2005 - Reggie Ragland - ILB $3,375,000 BAL

Top two are 3 year deals. Reggie is a 2 year deal 

crazy that Judon only had 1 bid in round one verse Markus Golden who had 3. Also signed for a total of 38 million 

Just to clarify, that is 3 year $14.7m for both, so basically $5m per year?  Seems like good business given the way the mock is set up, but not at all what could happen irl.  Ragland would make for a decent veteran thumper ILB too

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Just to clarify, that is 3 year $14.7m for both, so basically $5m per year?  Seems like good business given the way the mock is set up, but not at all what could happen irl.  Ragland would make for a decent veteran thumper ILB too

Oh. Thought it was for $14m/year... this looks much better then if thats the case.

• Like 1

The Judon one was an error by most Gms. Multiple comments 

“felt someone would break the bank and changed my bid elsewhere”

Im happy to have him back on a home team discount. Missed out on Markus Golden, but with landing Judon it brings us back to Bowser, Judon & Ferguson. Still have hopes to add pass rush in the first two rounds. 

• Like 1