TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

5 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Jimmy Smith was Re-Signed!!! Will update tomorrow

2 year deal roughly 16 million 

Thats a good contract and I believe also a quite realistic deal we should try to imitate.

If think you should look at Trajan Bandy as an option to backup Tavon Young, similar skillset due to being a bit undersized, but quite physical, fast on his feat and good in zone coverage. Could be the dime safety that can do a little bit of everything that Carr did this year.

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

Don't know if you'd get anything for him, but after signing Williams and Spriggs, may as well try to trade James Hurst as he'd almost certainly be cut in that scenario irl

Unfortunately in the mock his contract isn’t the best for cap savings. I know due to the suspension it voids the guarantees i believe? Could be mistaken on that part. Although i do agree that IRL he will be released soon enough. 

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

Unfortunately in the mock his contract isn’t the best for cap savings. I know due to the suspension it voids the guarantees i believe? Could be mistaken on that part. Although i do agree that IRL he will be released soon enough. 

IRL I don’t think it’s smart to release him. He’s gone for 4/16 games. But due to penalties, he’s only costing us $1.5m, for a quality backup OL for multiple positions, you can’t get someone off the street who is as proven and reliable (over the last couple seasons) as a backup without costing much more in cap expenditures.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

IRL I don’t think it’s smart to release him. He’s gone for 4/16 games. But due to penalties, he’s only costing us $1.5m, for a quality backup OL for multiple positions, you can’t get someone off the street who is as proven and reliable (over the last couple seasons) as a backup without costing much more in cap expenditures.

In this scenario though, Darryl Williams was signed and would be that OG/RT back-up, and Spriggs would be a cheaper, higher upside LT back-up.  Add in Mekari & Powers, and Hurst is likely OL10, and this team rarely keeps that many on the active roster

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

In this scenario though, Darryl Williams was signed and would be that OG/RT back-up, and Spriggs would be a cheaper, higher upside LT back-up.  Add in Mekari & Powers, and Hurst is likely OL10, and this team rarely keeps that many on the active roster

I was responding to him saying IRL “he will be released soon enough”. I took that to mean he believes IRL he will be released vs IRL if this were the scenario, we would release him.

• 2 weeks later...

With how your current roster has been constructed, I think you are in a good position to pick BPA - I think it will vary depending on who you ask in here as most of us has different preferences.

Based on your roster, I think the holes/needs are inside linebacker, pass rusher/edge (we have a big rotation from that position), free safety/roamer, wide receiver, tight end, cornerback (especially slot)

I don't like the top inside linebackers in this class, and while Murray might be a leader in the middle, I don't like his tape and we have a platoon at the position. Ragland for run downs and then a platoon of LJ Fort and DB's.

I still think that if Epenesa is within our reach, he is someone to trade up a few picks to secure. 

if you decide to stay put, I think Zach Baun would be a nice addition with his versatility.

Obviously any wide receiver with speed and return ability would be nice in this setup, Aiyuk, Hamler, Raegor

If you trade back into the 2. round to grab more picks, I really think adding Antoine Winfield would be a great addition - both as a backup/heir to Thomas but also as a great rotational piece.

Any slot cornerback you like could be an option in the 2. and 3. round. 

Anthony Brooks jr. is a guy I think you have put yourself in position to reach for, I think he is highly undervalued in this draft. In general, I think "positionless/versatile players" are guys you can add as much of the roster is pretty much in place. Brooks, Winfield, Gibson, Bowden, Bandy, Darnay Holmes - those type of players.

• Like 1

To be honest considering your roster I would consider trading up for Jerry Jeudy if he falls outside the top 10. The defense is pretty well set with pass rush and there’s not a serious path to defensive production. Securing the best WR in this class is something I’m considering IRL but in this scenario with your roster, I would be much more bold.

I doubt Jeffery has the health to last the duration of the season. Hollywood will be an interesting case with regard to his durability, and it Andrews goes down platooning our WRs over TEs would be sensical.

You have the kind of roster where you can afford to swing big. Perhaps as opposed to losing a pick you could convince a team to go with 28/60 (1st/2nd) for 14/110 (1st/4th). Matches up perfectly according to the trade value chart.

Still have the third round pick and multitude of 4ths to address the edge position with guys like Jabari Zuniga, Kenny Willekes, Alton Robinson, etc.

• Like 1

Not sure if I feel MLB for our first round selection honestly. I don’t see the top two prospects being game changing players immediately for us. I also do believe someone will take them earlier in this draft and we won’t have to worry about that debate

Ah... looks like we couldn’t get a deal done for Jerry Jeudy... though I saw you  like the  post... that’s not some Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers type of deal where you trade for Jeudy If “their other guy” is available at pick#28 kind of thing is it?

Assuming that’s not the case then I would just stand pat and take Zack Baun and smoke a cigar afterwards. He plays both LB and Edge responsibilities at a high level. He’s IMO a better LB than Kenneth Murray and is just as good a pass rusher as any first round edge player not named Chase Young. I see him as the next Clay Matthews.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I think Epenesa is the superior talent to Baun. If Baun is still there at 28 and there are no good offers for trading back, I think Baun is a great concellation price. We would get a good, scheme versatile, intelligent football player that could be moved around. I see him as an allround off ball linebacker, and while I don't want him to get up on the line across an OT, that is close to the only thing I don't want to see. 

Bowser and Baun on twist and stunts or putting them against tight ends presents a great opportunity for our defense.

• Like 1