ravens5520

TCMD Discussion (Free Agency Round 5 Begins)

5 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Jimmy Smith was Re-Signed!!! Will update tomorrow

2 year deal roughly 16 million 

Thats a good contract and I believe also a quite realistic deal we should try to imitate.

If think you should look at Trajan Bandy as an option to backup Tavon Young, similar skillset due to being a bit undersized, but quite physical, fast on his feat and good in zone coverage. Could be the dime safety that can do a little bit of everything that Carr did this year.

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

Don't know if you'd get anything for him, but after signing Williams and Spriggs, may as well try to trade James Hurst as he'd almost certainly be cut in that scenario irl

Unfortunately in the mock his contract isn’t the best for cap savings. I know due to the suspension it voids the guarantees i believe? Could be mistaken on that part. Although i do agree that IRL he will be released soon enough. 

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

Unfortunately in the mock his contract isn’t the best for cap savings. I know due to the suspension it voids the guarantees i believe? Could be mistaken on that part. Although i do agree that IRL he will be released soon enough. 

IRL I don’t think it’s smart to release him. He’s gone for 4/16 games. But due to penalties, he’s only costing us $1.5m, for a quality backup OL for multiple positions, you can’t get someone off the street who is as proven and reliable (over the last couple seasons) as a backup without costing much more in cap expenditures.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

IRL I don’t think it’s smart to release him. He’s gone for 4/16 games. But due to penalties, he’s only costing us $1.5m, for a quality backup OL for multiple positions, you can’t get someone off the street who is as proven and reliable (over the last couple seasons) as a backup without costing much more in cap expenditures.

In this scenario though, Darryl Williams was signed and would be that OG/RT back-up, and Spriggs would be a cheaper, higher upside LT back-up.  Add in Mekari & Powers, and Hurst is likely OL10, and this team rarely keeps that many on the active roster

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

In this scenario though, Darryl Williams was signed and would be that OG/RT back-up, and Spriggs would be a cheaper, higher upside LT back-up.  Add in Mekari & Powers, and Hurst is likely OL10, and this team rarely keeps that many on the active roster

I was responding to him saying IRL “he will be released soon enough”. I took that to mean he believes IRL he will be released vs IRL if this were the scenario, we would release him.