TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

I think this is a very Ravens pick. To some teams he will be positionless, to us he will be a versatile 3. down linebacker that will allow us to employ a lot of different formations. We get a skilled and intelligent player that most likely could be a blue chip player on our board IRL.

Good job

• Like 2

Obviously I missed the party, but congrats on getting Baun.

As for Justin Jefferson, here's my take:

- 20 Years Old

- Elite Athleticism Profile

- Caught everything that came his way in CFB's biggest offense, during CFB's biggest games, and all out of CFB's top conference

- 132 Total Targets - 111 Total Receptions.  12/13 on contested opportunities. (Best Catch Rate in CFB among those with 60+ Targets)

- 72 1D/TD Catches (1st in CFB)   

- 147.9 Pass Rating when targeted (3rd in CFB- Absurd to maintain that on 130+ Targets)

- 23 Missed Tackles Forced (3rd in CFB)

- He played outside for LSU in 2018 as a 19 yo first year starter in the SEC, and secured an elite 19.6 BOA with a 54/875/6 stat line and 32.5% DR.

- Shifted inside to the slot for LSU in 2019 and broke LSU + CFP records. 111/1540/18 Stat line. 

He's played inside and out. He dominated where Lamar likes throwing to the most(MOF), also was a monster for Burrow off script(Cough Cough Lamar). He doesn't drop passes, catching it when he's open or it's contested. He's constantly open or viable. High Point ability and body contortion is all there. He's a threat after the catch. He's a willing and capable blocker. He's fearless, clutch, tough/durable. I mean, he's as bust proof as it gets.  Super high floor, and don't put a cap on his ceiling either. 20 Year Old athletes with elite testing and natural aptitude for their position, progress- rapidly.

Common Comps- Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Devantae Adams

Thread- 

He's a super safe 1st Round WR option with bankable upside, and he's a strong fit for our system/Lamar. I'm high on him.

As we get closer to the draft I find myself drifting more and more towards camp Yetur Gross-Matos. He feels like the right pick to make- if available. Jefferson is pretty high on the list of other players I'd feel comfortable with though. Because I know we'd be giving Lamar a reliable weapon to grow with, and one that has little if any chance of failure. It's hard to find issue with that. 

Seems more and more like he'll be off the board as well though. Combine performance did wonders for his stock.

• Like 2

Had an offer to move up to 35. Lions offered for us to move up. 
60, 3rd and 4th(145) to move up to 35. 

bit costly. So many teams wanting to add picks, I might hold off and try to dangle a 4th to move up 5-10 spots for a guy that falls.

Lot of players still on the board like:

D’andre Swift HB

Tee Higgins WR

Solomon Kindley OG

Jalen Raegor WR

AJ Terrell CB 

KJ Hamler WR

Nick Harris OC

Marlon Davidson DT

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IHhPTuQ09gw1zaVDYgWFjJGQi16ef0oFdkP7ZbRzQVg
This google doc is the updated drafted thus far

Edited by ravens5520

7 hours ago, Davesta said:

Is it crazy that I prefer Denzel Mims over Justin jefferson? 

Mims looks like a great talent, really fits the mold of an outside receiver we need, tall, fast, athletic, great blocker, good tape - questions about if he looks as athletic on tape as he does in testing/shorts. Bad history of Baylor products, but he is a Matt Rhule product, not an Art Briles product.

Dreamkid did a really good job at showing the qualities Jefferson brings to the table on paper. As I mentioned with the other guys, I don't buy that slot/outside label. Jefferson looks like a guy who can play on the outside too, and should be on our radar.

Still happy with the Baun pick, and with regard to Mims, Hamler, Raegor, those guys might present a slight edge with visible elite abilities while Jefferson is an allround good/great receiver with less holes/flaws in his game than the others. 

I would sit tight as well. It seems some good talents will fall to us, and we still are pretty good set if we want to pick BPA. You have my rankings and some of the guys I am high on are unlikely to go early, but they would fit what we need well.

• Like 1

I’m going to try another small move up. I’d like to add a WR here

Clay Chasepool - good 40 and size shown with vertical & bench press. Production in college. Wish he ran the cone drill. 

KJ Hamler - KR ability and speed but missed combine

Brandon Aiyuk - good vertical. 4.50 40 but weak at the bench press. Might not be a good run blocker 

Michael Pittman JR - Size, 4.5 40 time but had a great 3 cone drill. One of the top performers 

who does everyone like if we make a move for “Our Guy”

Im leaning Chasepool or Aiyuk