TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

Quite honestly this McCoy signing allows us to really go BPA as we always love to do.

-ILB is still a top need or Edge, but we don’t have to reach. Both positions are thinner than normal 

-Interior O-Line is deep, so we have plenty of chances to move around rounds 2-3 to find a guard

Other top needs: WR, CB, RB depth, Safety depth or a future starter for Earl. 

30 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Quite honestly this McCoy signing allows us to really go BPA as we always love to do.

-ILB is still a top need or Edge, but we don’t have to reach. Both positions are thinner than normal 

-Interior O-Line is deep, so we have plenty of chances to move around rounds 2-3 to find a guard

Other top needs: WR, CB, RB depth, Safety depth or a future starter for Earl. 

Would still have IDL as a need. I know we have Gerald McCoy and Jonathan Allen in this scenario. But McCoy is 32 this season, he’s at the age where injuries become more a factor, decline in play could occur, and also where a SB win might mean retirement on top. Would still love a guy like Madubuike if he falls to the 2nd round (or we trade down) to groom as the eventual replacement.

But yeah BPA is definitely in the cards now for sure. Edge is probably our biggest need though it seems, unless I’m forgetting about a transaction. What’s the depth chart look like now? 

Updated Depth Chart 

Cap Space: $17.9 mill remaining 

Baltimore Ravens 

QB:    Lamar Jackson Trace McSorley  AJ McCarron 
HB:   Mark Ingram    Gus Edwards    Justice Hall 
FB:  Pat Ricard        
WR:    Alshon Jeffrey     Myles Boykin    Jaleel Scott
WR:   Marquise Brown        
Slot:    Willie Snead        
TE:   Mark Andrews     Nick Boyle     
LT:  Ronnie Stanley    Will Holden     
LG:  Bradley Bozeman     Daryl Williams 
C:    Matt Skura    Pat Mekari    
RG:  Marshal Yanda    Ben Powers
RT:  Orlando Brown     James Hurst    

DE:  Brandon Williams  Chris Wormley Jihad Ward 
NT:  Michael Pierce    Daylon Mack   
DE:  Gerald McCoy   Jonathan Allen    Ofomba Kamalu    
LOLB:  Matthew Judon    Tyus Bowser        
ILB:    LJ Fort    Chris Board    Otaro Alaka
ILB:   Reggie Ragland  
ROLB    Jaylon Ferguson         
CB:   Marlon Humphrey    Anthony Averett    
CB:   Marcus Peters     Iman Marshall     
Nickel:   Tavon Young         
FS:   Earl Thomas     De'Shon Elliott     
SS:   Chuck Clark         

K    Justin Tucker        
P    Sam Koch        
LS    Morgan Cox       

Edited by ravens5520

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Would still have IDL as a need. I know we have Gerald McCoy and Jonathan Allen in this scenario. But McCoy is 32 this season, he’s at the age where injuries become more a factor, decline in play could occur, and also where a SB win might mean retirement on top. Would still love a guy like Madubuike if he falls to the 2nd round (or we trade down) to groom as the eventual replacement.

But yeah BPA is definitely in the cards now for sure. Edge is probably our biggest need though it seems, unless I’m forgetting about a transaction. What’s the depth chart look like now? 

Not sure how big IDL is for a need. Rotational pieces are Jonathan Allen, Chris Wormley, Jihad Ward and Ricard when needed. Not afraid to invest a draft pick though. As you mentioned age a factor for McCoy, same goes for B Williams. Pierce is also only receiving his franchise tag. No intentions to sign long term in this mock. He needs to prove himself more this season in my eyes. 

Potentially I just talked myself into BPA if IDL is the best rated at the time, I’m all in. NT or DE for the future would be nice. If not, we certainly can wait until next draft as well 

12 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Not sure how big IDL is for a need. Rotational pieces are Jonathan Allen, Chris Wormley, Jihad Ward and Ricard when needed. Not afraid to invest a draft pick though. As you mentioned age a factor for McCoy, same goes for B Williams. Pierce is also only receiving his franchise tag. No intentions to sign long term in this mock. He needs to prove himself more this season in my eyes. 

Potentially I just talked myself into BPA if IDL is the best rated at the time, I’m all in. NT or DE for the future would be nice. If not, we certainly can wait until next draft as well 

Didn’t realize Pierce was back. Forgot about that. Was thinking Brandon Williams at NT and the other guys as ends. You’re right, might be too many cooks in the kitchen... though I guess just like corner, you can never have too many dominant DL options.

• Like 1

After the news broke this week with James Hurst not being available for the first 4 weeks. We were lucky to find value and depth via free agency. 

Happy to announce that we have signed Jason Spriggs OT recently released from Packers. Injured in 2019 and with the recent medical exam it has shown we are safe to move forward with this deal.

Ravens Official Announcement

Spriggs never had the best grades in Green bay, but also never had the most playing time. I believe he can still be a quality backup in the league and still only 25 years old. 

Contract: 2 year Vet min for a total of 2.2 mill deal. 1.1 mill APY. Small signing bonus, so we can opt out year two with no remorse 

I believe I’m intending on saving most of this cap. I’ll continue to eye Jimmy Smith with the hopes of resigning him. Likely our last move.

Overall before we enter the draft.. How do you guys feel about the moves so far? Tried to be semi realistic especially when it came to spending money the way our FO does.

• Like 2

Thanks again for all the help! It was fun and I’m glad I brought this into our forum. Always better to have a few minds with input

We are beginning round 5. Contracts are down to 50% asking price of the players original APY 

Jimmy already has a bid on him as the program shows you “another team targeting this player” only shows 1 team at the moment. His requests is a total of 8 mill per season. Are we willing to do 2 years for 18 mill giving him 9 mill a season. 
Year 1: 7.5 mill salary, 1.5 SB

Year 2: 7.5 Mill Salary, 1.5 SB

Almost a 1 year deal for less than 2 mill of dead cap if we released him after 1 year. 

• Like 1

I have seen the first Browns game, the Patriots game and Rams game in full these past couple of days. I am so much more interested in keeping Jimmy Smith rather than a Matthew Judon. Jimmy is still an impact player and even though he is a 10-12 games a year guy, he is really good in those games. I would stretch a bit to keep him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I have seen the first Browns game, the Patriots game and Rams game in full these past couple of days. I am so much more interested in keeping Jimmy Smith rather than a Matthew Judon. Jimmy is still an impact player and even though he is a 10-12 games a year guy, he is really good in those games. I would stretch a bit to keep him.

Agree with Dan. Keeping him at that amount is a perfect deal. He gets paid market value, but stays like he wants. Win-win.

1 hour ago, ravens5520 said:

Jimmy Smith was Re-Signed!!! Will update tomorrow

2 year deal roughly 16 million 

Basically swapping him for Carr works for me. Under this scenario, it may make sense to push Marshall to a hybrid CB/S role similar to what Carr was playing later in the season. That was what some of the discussion around him touched on for the draft.