TCMD Discussion (Welcome Antoine Brooks JR)

ravens5520

6 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Hurst, Boykin and 1 4th rounder

For 

Allen who I’m allowed to extend as soon as the deal processes 

My plan was a 3 year deal.. making him a UFA 2023 at the age of 32. We gain his last 3 years of his prime. 

All in. Boykin hasn’t shown anything special in the regular season. Hurst is a move piece but as Lamar showed in the probowl, give him almost any TE (Doyle) and he can feast. Hurst is replaceable. Boykin is replaceable. And we have have three 4th round picks.

We can easily replace both Hurst and Boykin with guys like Donovan Peoples-Jones and Josiah Degaura with our 3rd/4th round picks and we throw everything else at the defense... and that’s a force to be reckoned with. DPJ and Hollywood now can learn from a very savvy veteran WR, same with Degaura in that TE room with Andrews (Pro Bowler) and Boyle (top 3 blocking TE in league).

Extending Allen and with the mentality he brings to the table, we would have a legit window.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Going to make this a separate thread to avoid any confusion between discussion of a trade in this GM mock draft and any potential IRL moves the team might make

My fault didn’t expect this to explode,  but I love the feedback! Thank you for moving it 

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

All in. Boykin hasn’t shown anything special in the regular season. Hurst is a move piece but as Lamar showed in the probowl, give him almost any TE (Doyle) and he can feast. Hurst is replaceable. Boykin is replaceable. And we have have three 4th round picks.

We can easily replace both Hurst and Boykin with guys like Donovan Peoples-Jones and Josiah Degaura with our 3rd/4th round picks and we throw everything else at the defense... and that’s a force to be reckoned with. DPJ and Hollywood now can learn from a very savvy veteran WR, same with Degaura in that TE room with Andrews (Pro Bowler) and Boyle (top 3 blocking TE in league).

Extending Allen and with the mentality he brings to the table, we would have a legit window.

My thoughts exactly! He’s here in our biggest window possible for a SB run. 

I get raven fans don’t want to lose either... it’s just Hayden is likely being traded or moves on for a comp pick at the end of his deal. We either cash in now or cash a 3rd comp or even 4th.

we all choose Andrews Over Hurst at this moment, if we had the choice of 1 for a long term deal

10 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Try proposition this to Charger fans, I think they'll laugh you out of the forum. Oh wait, there are no Charger fans, my bad. 

Not sure where this is coming from, it’s a total control mock draft. So the deal has been discussed by him and another GM of the Chargers.

Though IRL I’m sure the Chargers might be a little more paused... though they might consider it for a little more ammunition. Have to think that if Tom Brady doesn’t go there... they’re looking at a potential rebuild season... they might be willing to listen to moving Allen if extension talks aren’t going in the direction they would hope. He either nets them a 3rd round comp in two years OR they might see a package consisting of Boykin (3rd value), Hurst (3rd value), and a 4th as fair value for the additional year lost. Even IRL it’s not a TOTALLY laughable concept. As valuable as Anquan Boldin was for our SB team, we entertained offers and then ultimately traded him away due to cap concerns. We traded for Boldin who was more successful to that point in his career than Allen (though also older), for two 3rds and that was a pivotal move for the SB win. Marcus Peters was a former All Pro that was traded away (one year left on his deal) for a 4th and Kenny Young.

Point is this deal seems quite realistic to me from an actual GM standpoint. There’s a reason some Ravens fans want to keep Hurst and there’s a reason he went in the 1st round. With another team in another situation he COULD be a pro bowl talent, but Allen already is such a talent and he plays a role that we don’t have superior talents ahead of him at such as Hurst. Boykin COULD activate to be a 1000 yard type receiver or he could be the next Ravens WR in a long line of training camp warriors that gave us all false hopes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not sure where this is coming from, it’s a total control mock draft. So the deal has been discussed by him and another GM of the Chargers.

Though IRL I’m sure the Chargers might be a little more paused... though they might consider it for a little more ammunition. Have to think that if Tom Brady doesn’t go there... they’re looking at a potential rebuild season... they might be willing to listen to moving Allen if extension talks aren’t going in the direction they would hope. He either nets them a 3rd round comp in two years OR they might see a package consisting of Boykin (3rd value), Hurst (3rd value), and a 4th as fair value for the additional year lost. Even IRL it’s not a TOTALLY laughable concept. As valuable as Anquan Boldin was for our SB team, we entertained offers and then ultimately traded him away due to cap concerns. We traded for Boldin who was more successful to that point in his career than Allen (though also older), for two 3rds and that was a pivotal move for the SB win. Marcus Peters was a former All Pro that was traded away (one year left on his deal) for a 4th and Kenny Young.

Point is this deal seems quite realistic to me from an actual GM standpoint. There’s a reason some Ravens fans want to keep Hurst and there’s a reason he went in the 1st round. With another team in another situation he COULD be a pro bowl talent, but Allen already is such a talent and he plays a role that we don’t have superior talents ahead of him at such as Hurst. Boykin COULD activate to be a 1000 yard type receiver or he could be the next Ravens WR in a long line of training camp warriors that gave us all false hopes.

Ok but I think if the Charger GM shopped Keenan Allen around the league, he could find a much better offer than Boykin and Hurst plus a fourth. And I'm a big Hurst fan (I advocated for not trading him this season). 

To put it another way, what pick in the draft would is worth Hurst, Boykin, and a 4th? Maybe a late first round pick, around #32 or so? That might be generous. I think a proven stud WR like Allen would be worth a pick in the high teens.  

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Ok but I think if the Charger GM shopped Keenan Allen around the league, he could find a much better offer than Boykin and Hurst plus a fourth. And I'm a big Hurst fan (I advocated for not trading him this season). 

To put it another way, what pick in the draft would is worth Hurst, Boykin, and a 4th? Maybe a late first round pick, around #32 or so? That might be generous. I think a proven stud WR like Allen would be worth a pick in the high teens.  

If he had years on his contract. He does not. He has one year remaining. No one is going to spend a 1st round pick on a WR in this scenario unless it’s one in the elite echelon like Julio Jones... especially not in a draft that’s loaded with WRs. All of these factors lower the value for WRs.

So could they shop the price around the league and get more, sure, potentially. But if the Ravens come with a take it or leave it approach... they would be risking not getting this same level deal if other teams don’t value spending money on a non-superstar WR that can help their team win games, but not make them a playoff/SB contender. Only contenders would really be in the market for a player like Allen. Other teams would be in the same boat as the Chargers and thus having the picks and young players would more readily benefit their team. Whereas we have a window of opportunity to gamble on a top talent by giving up potential future development.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

If he had years on his contract. He does not. He has one year remaining. No one is going to spend a 1st round pick on a WR in this scenario unless it’s one in the elite echelon like Julio Jones... especially not in a draft that’s loaded with WRs. All of these factors lower the value for WRs.

So could they shop the price around the league and get more, sure, potentially. But if the Ravens come with a take it or leave it approach... they would be risking not getting this same level deal if other teams don’t value spending money on a non-superstar WR that can help their team win games, but not make them a playoff/SB contender. Only contenders would really be in the market for a player like Allen. Other teams would be in the same boat as the Chargers and thus having the picks and young players would more readily benefit their team. Whereas we have a window of opportunity to gamble on a top talent by giving up potential future development.

True but Dallas recently spent a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper with 1.5 years left on his deal, and I'd say Keenan Allen is better than Cooper. 

Also I don't think having 1 year left on his deal is a big issue for teams like Colts, Dolphins, Cowboys and Bucs (although Bucs are good at WR), they have like $80 mil plus in cap space. They would gladly acquire a top WR and pay him because they have money to burn and need to improve their roster. Half the league has over $50 mil in cap space, I think if they trade for him they'd work out a long term deal. 

If Allen refuses to negotiate, then that would lower his value some for sure.

I just rarely see instances where a top player like Allen is traded for players that haven't really produced in the league yet. Especially if that player is not holding out or causing problems. Of course anything can happen in this kind of TCMD I suppose. 

The GM of chargers is all in on rebuilding. To clear the air

I missed out on Allen. He was offered James Washington, a 3rd and possibly another mid/late round pick.

I landed Jeffrey and plan to restructure his contract. We basically have him for free this season on our cap as Philly is paying his salary. Cost was a 5th rounder. Worth it

• Like 1

Future plans:

deciding on franchise tag or not: Judon and Pierce.

*Leaning towards unlikely that I do either
*Releasing Carr & Jefferson to create 14 mill in cap
*Extended Stanley & Restructure Williams. Brought us up to 39 mill in cap. This is before I cut those 2 above. Attempting to gain mid/late round picks before I push them out
*Keeping Hurst.. leaving it alone unless I land a big name WR or Pass Rusher 
*Targeting O-Line, Pass rush & ILB via free agency, but on fair deals. Trying to handle it raven style and not bid all in like most people do in these mocks

****Need advice****
*Marvin Jones and Damon Harrison OTB in Detroit. Both are 6-8 mill cap hits. What if I replace Pierce with Harrison and draft a young DT. Pierce to me wasn’t the guy I’d prefer to pay 8-10+ mill

27 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Future plans:

deciding on franchise tag or not: Judon and Pierce.

*Leaning towards unlikely that I do either
*Releasing Carr & Jefferson to create 14 mill in cap
*Extended Stanley & Restructure Williams. Brought us up to 39 mill in cap. This is before I cut those 2 above. Attempting to gain mid/late round picks before I push them out
*Keeping Hurst.. leaving it alone unless I land a big name WR or Pass Rusher 
*Targeting O-Line, Pass rush & ILB via free agency, but on fair deals. Trying to handle it raven style and not bid all in like most people do in these mocks

****Need advice****
*Marvin Jones and Damon Harrison OTB in Detroit. Both are 6-8 mill cap hits. What if I replace Pierce with Harrison and draft a young DT. Pierce to me wasn’t the guy I’d prefer to pay 8-10+ mill

Not a fan of Jeffery at this point in his career. Looks like he’s breaking down at this point. But since he’s free, I suppose it’s no great shakes.

I like Marvin Jones, but with a veteran WR already in tow, I’d prefer we use some ammunition with the 2020 WR class in hopes of landing a nice development WR.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not a fan of Jeffery at this point in his career. Looks like he’s breaking down at this point. But since he’s free, I suppose it’s no great shakes.

I like Marvin Jones, but with a veteran WR already in tow, I’d prefer we use some ammunition with the 2020 WR class in hopes of landing a nice development WR.

Low risk, high reward. Right up our alley as Ravens FO does over and over. But I do agree. 

I’ll post some big boards later this weekend of top free agents per position. Teams continually tagging and tendering currently 

• Like 1

Free Agency Begins 

Key names for us to target 

WR

• Amari Cooper
  • Chris Hogan 
  • Danny Amendola 
  • Dez Bryant 
  • Devin Funchess 
  • Emmanuel Sanders 
  • Marquise Lee 
  • Nelson Agholor 
  • Quincy Enuwa 
  • Robby Anderson 
  • Sammy Watkins

Offensive Guard 

• Daryl Williams 
  • Mike Iupati 
  • Quinton Span 
  • John Jerry

Center (Weak Class) 

• Graham Glasgow
  • Mike Pouncey

Defensive Line 

• Derek Wolfe 
  • Gerald McCoy 
  • Michael Brockers 
  • Suh
  • Shelby Harris

Edge Rusher 

• Ezekiel Ansah
  • Emmanuel Ogbah 
  • Jabaal Sheard 
  • JPP
  • Robert Quinn
  • Shaq Lawson 
  • Bud Dupree 
  • Jadeveon Clowney  
  • Barkevious Mingo
  • Kyle Van Noy 
  • Kyler Fackrell
  • Markus Golden 
  • Matt Judon 
  • Shaq Barrett 
  • Terrell Suggs
  • Vic Beasley 

ILB 

• Jamie Collins 
  • Kiko Alonso 
  • Sean Lee
  • Thomas Davis
  • Alec Ogletree 
  • Blake Martinez 
  • Corey Littleton 
  • Danny Trevathan 
  • David Mayo 
  • Joe Schobert 
  • Jake Ryan 
  • Kevin Minter 
  • Patrick Onwuasor 
  • Reggie Ragland 
  • Wesley Woodward 

Safety 

• Damarious Randell 
  • Devin McCourty 
  • Eric Berry 
  • HaHa Clinton-Dix
  • Eric Weddle
  • Jonathan Cyprien 
  • Karl Joseph 
  • Reshad Jones
  • Rodney Mcleod
  • Tony Jefferson (Cut) 
  • Tre Boston 
  • Vonn Bell 

Tagged Targets 

• Chris Jones
  • Yannick Ngakoue
  • Arik Armstead
  • AJ Green 

How the stages work for this mock draft there are 5-7 rounds of free agency. Each team selects 3 players in free agency and 1 player of our own to offer contracts too. My first 3 options are below and I’m willing to take all advice and opinions.

1. Joe Schobert = 4 for 41Mill... always have been a fan and believe he would be a great solution for ILB. 

2. Gerald McCoy = 2 for 32 Mill... I’m sure this will be popular as most Raven fans want to see McCoy come over 

3. Markus Golden = 3 for 15 Mill.... Cheap fill at edge. A guy who looked poised early in Arizona and fell off with injuries. Had a solid bounce back season for NYG and for a cheap contract that we can get out of after year 2, i feel its worth a shot. 

4. (Team Re-sign Free Agents) = Matt Judon = 4 for 35 Mill.... So it is lighter than he will likely get IRL, but his request for APY was only S4.5 Million per the metrics used for this mock draft. So I’m over that request and honestly if someone over spends for Judon, by all means. 

Catching everyone up on moves I recently made 

• Franchise Tagged Michael Pierce for 6 Million. 3-4 DTs are fairly inexpensive on the franchise tag 
  • Released: Tony Jefferson, Brandon Carr and RGIII 
  • Extended: LT Ronnie Stanley 7 year deal 
  • Restructed: FS Earl Thomas 
  • Signed ERFA: HB Gus Edwards 
  • Traded: Alshon Jeffrey for a 5th
  • Tendered RFA: Matt Skura 2nd round tender (Center Market was weak) 

Cap Space before UFA Bidding: $42 Million

• Would have been $50, but i was wrong on Alshon. He does count some towards the cap this year. Of his 15Mill cap hit, he counts for $8 Mill against us. Kind of sucked, because i might have been waited longer, but still only a 5th round pick. We can get away from him after 2021 if it doesn’t work out.