by round

1.  0 picks

2. 2 Picks, #43 and #50

3. 0 picks

4. ¿1? (possible comp pick)

5. 2 picks

6. 1 pick

7. 1 pick

Going to be using Drafttek's player rankings for my board to determine who i can draft, where...

Round 2.

A.) Mehki Becton-OT

I'm putting Leno and Massie on notice, making a statement about this OL, and opening up a competition

B.) Brycen Hopkins-TE

The top TE in the draft.

Round 4 (Comp)

Anthony Gordon-QB

I actually wanted to wait on this pick a bit, but his stock is rising.

Round 5:

A) Demien Lewis-OG

Big man from LSU.... Overlooked because his Center is considered the best coming out. Plug and play OG.

B) Trautman-TE

Skeptical he's on the board this late as he's a draft riser, but I'm going off the rankings. We've met with him.

Round 6:

AJ Greene-CB

Long corner, only one throw his direction during the senior bowl for an incompletion. We've already met with him.

Round 7

Jeremy Chinn- S

6ft 3in, 220 lb safety prospect from Southern Ill. Had a strong Senior Bowl week.

By position that's:

1x OT

1x OG

2x TE

1x QB

1x Corner

1x Safety

With the expectation that 5 of the 7 are "starting" pr getting significant work this year (both OL, the TEs, and the CB). Gordon is obviously backing up Trubisky (and probably some kind of vet FA), the safety will have a shot, but I expect Bush, to be the guy with HaHa getting sent packing.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 3

Becton could probably be a monster at RG for a year if no one else steps up, but is rather plug him at OT and kick one of the OTs to RG for their last year here. 

Big fan of the double dip at TE too. 

If Gordon lasts to the late 4th he might beat out Tru, he hits open receivers with regularity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears have two 7's and one 5, not vice versa

That hurts alot actually..... A 5th is a potential impact player, a 7th is just a shot in the dark. This mockdraft is also banking on getting that 4th comp pick pretty heavily. 

The site I used to look up our draft picks was from January, wasn't expecting it to be off that badly. Thanks for the info. 

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe. I'd like Horstead to get a legitimate shot, though. I really, truly, think he could be something. I'd hate for that to be with another team. 

Hopkins would be the one flexed out and Trautman would be learning to be more of an in-line TE behind Holtz. Trautman is new to the spot so he will need time to adjust too, so Horstead would still be able to rotate in as the flex TE. If Nagy goes back to using motions and such to help read the defense then he could use Horstead even more, and could use him as a depth WR since that is his natural position anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

That hurts alot actually..... A 5th is a potential impact player, a 7th is just a shot in the dark. This mockdraft is also banking on getting that 4th comp pick pretty heavily. 

The site I used to look up our draft picks was from January, wasn't expecting it to be off that badly. Thanks for the info. 

It's not really off a lot, no worries. The pick for Mack ended up being a 7th rather than a 5th, but I think everyone assumed a 5th going into the year because we figured Mack would be awesome again. I think the 4th round comp pick will come to fruition.

I like the mock, btw.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

I know TE is a need but there's only so much playing time to go around and that has to be considered when you draft/develop players. Are Burton, Shaheen, Holtz, and Horsted gone in this scenario? It's tough to get 3-4 TEs involved in the game.

I think I prefer a more measured approach where you draft a guy in the 1st few rounds and let Horsted and Holtz provide depth.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I know TE is a need but there's only so much playing time to go around and that has to be considered when you draft/develop players. Are Burton, Shaheen, Holtz, and Horsted gone in this scenario? It's tough to get 3-4 TEs involved in the game.

I think I prefer a more measured approach where you draft a guy in the 1st few rounds and let Horsted and Holtz provide depth.

Shaheen and either Holtz or Horstead are gone in this scenario, yeah. Burton makes too much guaranteed money to cut. But...the approach, in general, is not without merit. 

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Yep. This is what I've been preaching too about getting a TE in free agency AND drafting one in the 2nd round. We're stuck with Burton and there's only so many balls to go around, unless Nagy suddenly decides to take the Ravens approach (that won't last btw--defenses will figure that out by next year). Hot for a minute. Gone the next.

Edited by JustAnotherFan