Andrew Berry Named GM

ReggieCamp

I’m ready to embrace the nerd. 

This seems like a good hire and they have built a team around the belief the FO and coaching staff can buy into. 

I hope it works 

And yes, I’m an Irish pop singer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDD said:

I’m ready to embrace the nerd. 

This seems like a good hire and they have built a team around the belief the FO and coaching staff can buy into. 

I hope it works 

And yes, I’m an Irish pop singer. 

man mclovin top tier too

• Like 1

Getting back to the topic -

I think this has the potential to be a good to a very good hire.

Will Andrew Berry end up being the GM we all have been hoping for for a very long time? We hope so, but we don't really know. All the hard work that Andrew has put into his career up until now means that he has earned the opportunity to perform in this capacity.

I will be honest - I was completely over the moon when we hired John Dorsey in 2017. And he made a lot of "right" decisions - the most notable being the selection of Baker Mayfield. But the biggest albatross around his neck was his selection of coaches. He failed to cut he cord from Hue when he should have after the 0-16 season; and he failed to foresee the train wreck that was about to happen that was Freddie Kitchens. Hindsight is always 20/20 - but Baker was demolished by poor leadership and coaching last season. And if there is a shred of truth to the story that Dorsey tossed the binder in the trash........... well - that is just disrespectful and cannot be tolerated on this level.

I was impressed that once Stefanski was hired (if not already) the first thing he set out to do is to seek out what he could do to help the Browns at their most important position. I hope and pray that Rich Scangarello is the next coach hired. I still think there is a franchise QB in Baker, he just needs help getting there.

Andrew may possess the perfect skill set to succeed here. Played at Harvard - All Ivy League 3 of his 4 years. First off, you don't even sniff Harvard if you are not as smart as a whip. Andrew not only attended school there, he excelled. Then on the the NFL as a scouting assistant, then a pro scout. Then his academics afforded him the front office opportunities.

It appears he is a great fit between the coaches, the analytics folks, and the personnel people - on paper for now. We will see in September if that was the case in real life.

• Like 1