Ben played smart
Defense played pretty lights out as a group

Downs:

Watt's injury
Burns didn't look great. A little below where he should be
The O-line couldn't stay in the game.
We've got to get TD's in the redzone.

Up

1. Bryant-  the beast is back to form.  running it, catching it, drawing DPI, freeing up space for Brown, Rogers
  2. Watt/Dupree (playwise) not a lot of splash or statsheet impact, but seemed to cnfuse the OL with a lot of twists/stunts and free up DLmen for pressure
  3. Offense was much more "spread the ball around" today.
  4. Shazier and VW inside blitzing was pretty good most of the game.
  5. Escaped relatively injury free.

Down

1. Refs. Terrible.
  2. Whoever set that blocking assignment with the TE on the DE
  3. Inability to adjust to that Cook weakside TEtrap play
  4. Sean Davis never in the right place at the right time
  5. too many "discipline" penalties.

UP?  

Defense overall, but they were playing against Keenum.  Possibly worse than Kizer.  

Bryant came to ball.

Brown had some nice plays.

The linebackers got after the QB.  Poor OL, poor QB, or did they just do good?

Down?

Watt's injury.

OL was not good at all.

Bell didn't do much.  

Mitchell didn't play well IMO.

Ups

Offense showed flashes of what it could/should be.   Martavis is starting to get back to game form.  Watch out!

Defense looks fast and aggressive as a whole.   Shazier and Dupree are so damn fast and athletic.    

Boz is good.

We won.    Kinda unspectacular again, but we won.  An ugly 2-0 is always better than any 0-2.

Down

Ben's accuracy still shaky at times.   Took to many needless throws down field as well, but it wasnt all his fault.

OLine didnt look impressive, but it was arguably the best front 7 in the NFL.

Watt GROIN injury.  Those can linger.   Worrisome and disappointing.  

Refs are so bad, but we already knew that.

Haley's playcalling still garbage.

45 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

UP?  Mitchell didn't play well IMO.

I feel like he wouldve been exposed much more if Sam Bradford had been playing.

He is a disaster waiting to happen.   All he is good for is the occasional big hit.    Not even sure he knows how to properly form tackle anymore.    All he ever really does is lower his shoulder and try to deliver the hard hit.     Secondary as a whole is still a weakness.    Burns is still learning but Im not sure he has the mental tools to be a great starter.    Sean Davis continues to underwhelm.    Haden wasnt bad, but its Case Keenum.    Mitchell, however, still concerns me more than anyone.

Personally I think if we had a real FS back there Haden would play better and Burns wouldn't be so grabby. 

I suspect its effecting Davis too because he looks scatterbrained back there as to what to do. 

I cant back this up, but I've heard rumors of Mitchell not exactly being the best communicator on the field and often gets terminology wrong. I really want to see Gay back there because I heard the opposite about him. He really communicates well and helps guys get in the right spot. I think his propensity to play the ball first hit second is what we need. 

32 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Personally I think if we had a real FS back there Haden would play better and Burns wouldn't be so grabby. 

I suspect its effecting Davis too because he looks scatterbrained back there as to what to do. 

I cant back this up, but I've heard rumors of Mitchell not exactly being the best communicator on the field and often gets terminology wrong. I really want to see Gay back there because I heard the opposite about him. He really communicates well and helps guys get in the right spot. I think his propensity to play the ball first hit second is what we need. 

Unfortunately, while your idea might be a good one, I dont see it happening.   

They rode it out with freaking Antwan Blake when he was getting absolutely destroyed every week.   Short of Mitchell losing a limb, I dont think the Steelers will even consider replacing him until next year.   

Thats the problem with this coaching staff....they prepare a certain way going into the season and going into each game.   If it works, its all good, but they dont seem to adjust well when something isnt working.   It either takes them too long to adjust or they are too stubborn to.  

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ups

Offense showed flashes of what it could/should be.   Martavis is starting to get back to game form.  Watch out!

Defense looks fast and aggressive as a whole.   Shazier and Dupree are so damn fast and athletic.    

Boz is good.

We won.    Kinda unspectacular again, but we won.  An ugly 2-0 is always better than any 0-2.

Down

Ben's accuracy still shaky at times.   Took to many needless throws down field as well, but it wasnt all his fault.

OLine didnt look impressive, but it was arguably the best front 7 in the NFL.

Watt GROIN injury.  Those can linger.   Worrisome and disappointing.  

Refs are so bad, but we already knew that.

Haley's playcalling still garbage.

Who is Boz?  Agreed with Ben's accuracy.  He isn't on this year.  

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I feel like he wouldve been exposed much more if Sam Bradford had been playing.

He is a disaster waiting to happen.   All he is good for is the occasional big hit.    Not even sure he knows how to properly form tackle anymore.    All he ever really does is lower his shoulder and try to deliver the hard hit.     Secondary as a whole is still a weakness.    Burns is still learning but Im not sure he has the mental tools to be a great starter.    Sean Davis continues to underwhelm.    Haden wasnt bad, but its Case Keenum.    Mitchell, however, still concerns me more than anyone.

Agreed.  Desmond King in 5 would've been a great pickup.  

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Unfortunately, while your idea might be a good one, I dont see it happening.   

They rode it out with freaking Antwan Blake when he was getting absolutely destroyed every week.   Short of Mitchell losing a limb, I dont think the Steelers will even consider replacing him until next year.   

Thats the problem with this coaching staff....they prepare a certain way going into the season and going into each game.   If it works, its all good, but they dont seem to adjust well when something isnt working.   It either takes them too long to adjust or they are too stubborn to.  

Yea.  For sure disappointing because I really think he's holding back the secondary.  Even with all the boom Ryan Clark brought, when he was at his best he played the ball really well and used the boom as a reason to make guys second guess him coming through.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea.  For sure disappointing because I really think he's holding back the secondary.  Even with all the boom Ryan Clark brought, when he was at his best he played the ball really well and used the boom as a reason to make guys second guess him coming through.

Agreed.....although Mitchell reminds me of Ryan Clark his final year here.   Both were/are liabilities that only seemed interested trying to go for the big hit.

But yes...when Clark was at his best, he was definitely better than Mitchell.    Mitchell IMO is a backup caliber player at this point, but getting paid like he is a good starting safety.....which is why I think they will be more stubborn to bench him, even if he keeps sucking.      

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Agreed.....although Mitchell reminds me of Ryan Clark his final year here.   Both were/are liabilities that only seemed interested trying to go for the big hit.

But yes...when Clark was at his best, he was definitely better than Mitchell.    Mitchell IMO is a backup caliber player at this point, but getting paid like he is a good starting safety.....which is why I think they will be more stubborn to bench him, even if he keeps sucking.      

I do think money drives way too many decisions for this team.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I do think money drives way too many decisions for this team.

In fairness, it does that for every team, but they shouldnt be afraid to bench a player if they are playing like trash...even if they are highly paid.    And in reality, the main reason his contract is so high is because they restructured his contracted several times.     However, I do think he will keep his job regardless of how bad he is....unless they feel JJ Wilcox can do something, which I doubt as well.  

Archived