Fl0nk's Mock 2020.1

Fl0nkerton

The plan: Go overboard on some of the warts that doomed this team against the 49ers.

nathan-for-you-season-4-suit.jpg?w=780

To accomplish this plan, we're going to spend our Free Agency money on beefing up that DL, increasing speed at ILB, and drafting enough offense to put up the points needed to where you can confidently place your life savings on the over for every single game.

giphy.gif

Trim the Fat:
Jimmy Graham - See ya, thanks for beating the Seahawks. Will miss you running like a newborn deer and not being able to keep your balance after the catch.
Lane Taylor - Congrats on getting paid. Go get paid elsewhere.

Free Agents: (I have limited knowledge on how much these guys are worth so the numbers could be way way way off.)
ILB Cory Littleton - 4 / 20 / 5
where_is_luck_dammit.0.gif

Plays fast, creates turnovers, can cover. The anti-Blake Martinez

DT Jordan Phillips- 3 / 20 / 7
PoisedAngryAidi-size_restricted.gif

Can rush the passer a bit, had a great season, so might command much more money. Loves Thanksgiving

DT Adam Butler - 3 / 12 / 5
ZestySingleHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

This is our chance to get NE back for Lawrence Guy. Played sparingly as a Patriot and still nabbed 6 Sacks in 2019. Almost as fast as QB1

OL Joe Haeg - 2 / 3.5 / 1.75

indianapolis-colts-v-tennessee-titans-5b

Can fill in at G or Tackle. Started 35 games in Indy.

Re-Signings: 
OT Bryan Bulaga - 4/ 44 / 8
maxresdefault.jpg
Duh.

K Mason Crosby - 3 / 10 /3
source.gif
Big time players make big time plays in big time situations.

TE Marcedes Lewis - 2 / 4 / 1
giphy.gif
Big Dawg.

OT Jared Veldeer - 2/ 4 / 1
dtb9vaenjnhdqt4lpd1r.jpg
Might be paying him solely off of one or two performances but he did not look awful. How much they just cut you a check for? A milli'

EKwU.gif

Lets Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft!

Round 1 Pick 30:
Jalen Reagor, WR - TCU
TepidLateEstuarinecrocodile-size_restric

Might lose some of y'all with this pick at 30, but he's got elite speed, and can make tons of plays. Will need to work on his route tree and looking the ball in, but he's got a good guy to learn from with Davante. Inconsistent productions was due to poor QB play, IMO.

Round 2 Pick 62:
Zach Baun, ILB-  WIsconsin

We're gonna get a little crazy and kick him inside, however he can play both. Great football player with a skyrocketing draft stock, so he might not be here in the late 2nd. Great leader, great motor and can rush the QB when you ask him to. Plus I have a soft spot for Brown Deer, WI.

Round 3, Pick 94:
Jared Pinkney, TE - Vandy
giphy.gif

The TE position is set with this pick. He's not gonna blow anyone away with speed but hes got the size and is a willing blocker. Adequate hands but he's not gonna stretch the field by any means. Him and Sternberger make a nice receiving TE duo.

Round 4, Pick 126:
Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR - Liberty

Falls in line with our WR's with ginormous names. AGG is a beast. Some questions about the competition he's played against but dude's got great hands and size with the catch radius of a two car garage. The last WR we had named Antonio worked out, so let's run it back.

Round 5, Pick 157
Davon Hamilton, DL - Ohio State 

giphy.gif

This guy looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl. Specializes in stuffing the run so his numbers don't pop in the stat sheet but he'd be a rotational IDL.

Round 6, Pick 172:
Lavonta Taylor, CB - Florida State

Kind of small for a DB, sitting at 5'10" BUT we need a new slot CB and this guy will fill in tremendously. Switched to Safety this year, had a tough few years at FSU because teams picked on his size but I think he'd excel in the slot. 

Round 6, Pick 193:
Terence Steel, OT - Texas Tech

SUPER physical OL that played in an offense that passed 90% of the time. Extremely high-cut which is a concern, but he'd need a year or two in the weight room to develop.

Round 7, Pick 201:
JJ Taylor, RB - Arizona
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

This guy has juice and the ability to run both inside and outside. Very elusive and can pass protect. Obviously not a three down back, but we could use a package for him like we did with Swervin' Ervin. Can catch a little bit out of the backfield as well. Pretty good candidate in the return game. 

Round 7, Pick 219:
Naquan Jones, DL - Michigan State

We'll throw a flyer on this guy in the 7th. Might be overkill on the D-Line, but we could PS him if needed. Has a ton of tools to succeed but has motor questions. 

Depth Chart:
QB- Rodgers, Boyle
RB - Jones, J.Williams, D. Williams, Taylor
TE - Sternerger, Pinkney, Lewis, Tonyan
WR - Adams, Lazard, Reagor, Antonio Gandy-Golden, MVS, EQ, Kumerow
OT - Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Veldeer. Steele
OG - Jenkins, Turner, Haeg
C- Linsley, Patrick

DL - Clark, Phillips, Butler, Lowry, Keke, Adams, Hamilton, Jones
OLB - Z, Preston, Gary, Roberts, Baun
ILB - Littleton, Baun, Burks, Summers
CB - Alexander, King, Taylor, Hollman, Sullivan, Jackson
SS - Amos, Jackson
FS - Savage, Greene

K/P/LS - Croz, Scott, Bradley

Championship.

ComfortableLimitedIbis-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Fl0nkerton
  • Like 3

Loved those two clips of J.J.Taylor. Look at how fast he bounced back up after jumping right over a defender - haven't seen that kind of bounce since I had one of those zircon balls that would ricochet everywhere.

PS Littleton as a FA seems very popular now (before my first mock, no-one was really talking about him), even Cheesehead TV has jumped on the bandwagon. The only reason not to get him is if the Packers are outbid by another team, because every player, even the good ones, have a ceiling price.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

DT Jordan Phillips- 3 / 20 / 7
PoisedAngryAidi-size_restricted.gif

Can rush the passer a bit, had a great season, so might command much more money. Loves Thanksgiving

This is Deal Lowry money.  If you want an upgrade, you are going to need to pay for it.  

Like the player, but the money needs to be upped IMO

• Like 1

My two initials on the draft picks were can Baun really play inside, in our system?   Also will Gandy-Golden go that late?

I really think we will either go lighter at TE or WR this year, 10 total.  But that's just me.

Love how you beefed up the D-Line, but the money is a concern.   That and CB...we need another DB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

(I have limited knowledge on how much these guys are worth so the numbers could be way way way off.)

Facts O.o

We've been mocked Pinkney so many times now with our natural 3rd that I'm convinced he will go in the mid 2nd. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Facts O.o

We've been mocked Pinkney so many times now with our natural 3rd that I'm convinced he will go in the mid 2nd. 

to be fair, I use the market value tool on spotrac to get an idea and a lot of these guys were n/a except I think Phillips was slotted around 6.1 / year

6 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:
18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Facts O.o

to be fair, I use the market value tool on spotrac to get an idea and a lot of these guys were n/a except I think Phillips was slotted around 6.1 / year

Phillips is gonna get paid, so will Littleton (albeit not as much imo). If those players got that much money, it would be to stay where they are. The Bills have a ton of cap space and Phillips will be a core defender for them. 

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Phillips is gonna get paid, so will Littleton (albeit not as much imo). If those players got that much money, it would be to stay where they are. The Bills have a ton of cap space and Phillips will be a core defender for them. 

yea I just read an article suggesting Littleton was gonna get triple what I paid him in here lololol

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Love Reagor. I have 7 WRs with Round 1 grades. He's one of them, and actually one of the 2 or 3 I'd like to see in in our offense. 

How high would you be willing to take Reagor?  Would you move up a few pick slots to do so?

• Like 1