XFL Announces Final 52-man Rosters

HoboRocket

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

How do XFL contracts work? Similar to how AAF was doing? 

So, this year, they're all streamlined. Pretty much everybody has the exact same contract, since it's the first year of the league and so there technically aren't any star players or anything like that yet.

Players are making like $30,000 in base money, but if they're active on game days they'll make another $35,000. Players also have incentives for winning as well as reaching various statistical milestones. The dollar amount for each hasn't been officially revealed, but all players on this base contract have the potential to make up to 200k. 

The only exception to this is tier-1 QBs, who were allocated to teams last year. They are receiving contracts worth about 250k in base money with potential to earn up to 750k. 

All the players participating this year are eligible for fully-structured individual contract negotiations next year, meaning they could be making much more.

• Like 3

I really wish the AAF did not fail, the NFL really really needs a minor league and not sure the XFL is it because there is no connection to it with the NFL.  The XFL wants to compete against the NFL not be its partner and developmental league but who knows.

These are the names that stood out to me, odd most of them I recognize from the AFF honestly.  Curious what would have happened to the XFL if the AAF did not fold....

Antonio Callaway WR
Tarvarus McFadden CB
Chase Litton QB
Shawn Oakman DE
Jalen Collins S
Jazz Ferguson WR
Tyree Jackson QB
Cardale Jones QB (odd he is on the same team as Tyree)
Stacy Coley WR
Donnel Pumphrey RB
Tanner McEvoy WR
Scooby Wright LB
Jacquez Patrick RB
Saivion Smith CB
Nelson Spruce WR
Jarron Jones OT
Jack Tocho S
TJ Barnes DT
Damien Mama OG
Taylor Heinicke QB
Jordan Ta'Amu QB
De'Mornay Pierson'El WR
Will Sutton DT

Antonio Callaway is the biggest name I feel, but he is clearly of the league for a little while because of substance abuse.  Honestly the XFL might help kids want to return to school because honestly, a guy like Jazz Ferguson.  Yeah maybe declaring for the draft was not the best idea in the world, especially for the likes of Saivion Smith on Bama.  Sure money is money but no way is it great in the XFL as a start up league compared to even a practice player in the NFL.    

• Like 3

I'm excited about New York's coaching staff and final roster. According to the complete roster breakdown they will probably be using a committee backfield (think the '08 Giants) and skipping the FB in favor of more TEs. Their secondary is projected to be the best in the league, and all three of their ST guys (K, P, & LS) have NFL experience. Not surprisingly, both McGloin and Luis Perez made the cut at QB. Other young hopefuls include Center Ian Silberman, LB Ben Heeney, and WRs Mekale McKay and Joe Horn Jr., son of the popular Saints receiver who retired in 2007.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Marquette King lol,  I forgot about him 

He's the ultimate punter lol because he has a personality. Actually, the BattleHawks posted videos of him on Instagram kicking three-pointers with a basketball... With his back to the net. He and Jake Schum are two of my favorite guys in the league. 

5 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

He's the ultimate punter lol because he has a personality. Actually, the BattleHawks posted videos of him on Instagram kicking three-pointers with a basketball... With his back to the net. He and Jake Schum are two of my favorite guys in the league. 

I saw him running routes and catching a ball in one of those videos. They’re using the old rams Russell training center lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jazz Ferguson WR

TyreeJackson QB

Cardale Jones QB (odd he is on the same team as Tyree)
Nelson Spruce WR   

By all accounts, Jazz Ferguson and Nelson Spruce are both killing it in camp and practices. Spruce's injury issues in camp and pre-season for the Rams were really unfortunate, because whenever he was on the field everybody knew it.

Rocket Ross, on the DC Defenders (formerly on the Wildcats) has been drawing rave reviews, as well, and the trade is really fishy. Must have an attitude problem or something, because the Wildcats posted highlight videos of him in practice on their IG story pretty much every day for a few weeks. He can flat-out fly, was burning everyone and making acrobatic catches. Which isn't that surprising, considering how great he was for the AAF last year despite Trevor Knight being his QB on the Hotshots. Apparently he's done very well after just a week or so with the Defenders.

Tyree and Cardale have both been amazing in camp and the pre-season. Tyree has really pushed Cardale for the starting job, but "12-Gauge" hasn't really made any mistakes and is pretty big with social media, which sells tickets, so... I expect one of them to probably get traded after the season considering that they're both XFL Starter quality, assuming they don't end up with an NFL backup job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I saw him running routes and catching a ball in one of those videos. They’re using the old rams Russell training center lol. 

And that's the thing. If I were a special teams coordinator, I'd love to have a punter like him because he's actually pretty good at playing QB and insanely athletic, can play WR or RB on trick plays as well. And he was one of the better punters in the league as far as actual punting ability goes.

I guess fighting with refs and other team's players is a no-go.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

Also making a roster is L.A. defensive end Shawn Oakman, who (according to HC Winston Moss) was waived for locker room shenanigans and then brought back after missing most of training camp. I guess they thought he was too talented not to get a second chance. 

Oakman's legal troubles, particularly an arrest two weeks before the 2016 draft, cost him any possible opportunity in the NFL. He has since bounced around various third-rate football leagues trying to eke out a career. If I were him I'd be staying as far out of trouble as humanly possible. -_-

One Wildcat I'm rooting for is Storm Norton, a former Viking OT who showed flashes of promise.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

And that's the thing. If I were a special teams coordinator, I'd love to have a punter like him because he's actually pretty good at playing QB and insanely athletic, can play WR or RB on trick plays as well. And he was one of the better punters in the league as far as actual punting ability goes.

I guess fighting with refs and other team's players is a no-go.

I always liked King. A great ST coordinator could get amazing productivity out of him.

I know he was crazy athletic for a punter, could he hack it as a gimmick QB/TE/Blocker/Decoy like Taysom Hill? Does he have that kind of athleticism?

Might be too little too late for him, but I think the door are opening for guys like him 

• Like 2