XFL Announces Final 52-man Rosters

HoboRocket

24 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Also making a roster is L.A. defensive end Shawn Oakman, who (according to HC Winston Moss) was waived for locker room shenanigans and then brought back after missing most of training camp. I guess they thought he was too talented not to get a second chance. 

Oakman's legal troubles, particularly an arrest two weeks before the 2016 draft, cost him any possible opportunity in the NFL. He has since bounced around various third-rate football leagues trying to eke out a career. If I were him I'd be staying as far out of trouble as humanly possible. -_-

One Wildcat I'm rooting for is Storm Norton, a former Viking OT who showed flashes of promise.

Storm Norton looked ok at times preseason but long shot for ever being on the roster long term.  Reshard Cliett, Willie Beavers and Edmond Robinson were on the Vikings for a little, especially Cliett and Robinson for a short time, Beavers was just a bust but all will get another shot here.

Jalen Myrick and Jonathan Celestin are two Gophers on rosters, AJ Tarpley is a Minnesota kid from Stanford he is on a roster but was also in the AAF like a ton of these other guys were.

Gelen Robinson is Glen Big Dog Robinson's kid from Purdue, he is on a roster and so is Simmie Cobbs.

Andre Williams former big time Boston College RB is on a team, and Kony Ealy who was a big time bust, he is on a roster.

Sebastian Tretola once was a damn talented OG, on a team and Martez Ivey, sad for Ivey he was what just in the draft last year and already in the XFL?  Pretty sad for a hyped recruit in Florida, I thought he had potential as a OG but never got the chance in the league and was not drafted, hope teams tried him at OG instead of RT which I did not think he would stick at.

Devin Taylor is a surprise, was good on the Lions for a few years and a huge kid but I think got hurt and things changed, and Nick DeLuca who also had injury stuff in college and even in the pros that hurt him.

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I always liked King. A great ST coordinator could get amazing productivity out of him.

I know he was crazy athletic for a punter, could he hack it as a gimmick QB/TE/Blocker/Decoy like Taysom Hill? Does he have that kind of athleticism?

Might be too little too late for him, but I think the door are opening for guys like him 

He still looks like he's in great shape, and as an on-again-off-again punter, he has a lot less wear on his body than even other players at the position despite the fact that he's in his early thirties. I think he has at least three seasons of explosive athleticism left in the tank based off the videos I've seen, so I'd say that the door is still wide open. He just has too big of a personality for a special-teamer, it would only really be worth the headache - at least in the mind of a front office - if he WERE being used as a Swiss army knife player and making an impact elsewhere. But yeah, Lynn Bowden in this year's draft is also in the same mold (not a punter, though) where he can play a whole lot of positions and be productive as a gimmick player.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

He still looks like he's in great shape, and as an on-again-off-again punter, he has a lot less wear on his body than even other players at the position despite the fact that he's in his early thirties. I think he has at least three seasons of explosive athleticism left in the tank based off the videos I've seen, so I'd say that the door is still wide open. He just has too big of a personality for a special-teamer, it would only really be worth the headache - at least in the mind of a front office - if he WERE being used as a Swiss army knife player and making an impact elsewhere. But yeah, Lynn Bowden in this year's draft is also in the same mold (not a punter, though) where he can play a whole lot of positions and be productive as a gimmick player.

I’ll keep my eyes out for him. Sounds like a fun player.

This conversation reminds me that Taysom Hill punted in college. I’d love to put him in on a super aggressive 4th and short, just to have him pooch punt it down the middle between the safeties.

surprised they haven’t tried it 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

All former AFL players should be fighting like hell to get on one of these rosters.

I dunno, most of those guys are probably too old to do much, if they're even around. But who knows, maybe Len Dawson can still make some short throws and Jan Stenerud could boot a few makable FGs

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Andre Williams former big time Boston College RB is on a team, and Kony Ealy who was a big time bust, he is on a roster.

Both are on the Roughnecks, I believe. Connor Cook is a teammate of theirs in Houston.

18 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Marquette King lol,  I forgot about him 

His personality got him kicked out of the league. He could punt and has talent to still be on an NFL roster. After Gruden axed him, he went to Denver and acted like an idiot and that was that. Nobody is going to sign a punter who acts the way he does. 

These coaching staffs are a blast from the past man... Jim Zorn, Gilbride, Norm Chow, WInston Moss, Bob Stoops, June Jones, Mark Trestman. It's a who's who of relevant football names from a decades ago. Topping it off with Jerry Galnville?! He was the HC for the Falcons in like the mid 90's lol. 

Ah man, Nick Fitzgerald. Remember he was a hot commodity around these parts a few years ago. I think people had him as a potential top QB prospect at one point.

But nobody, and I mean NOBODY will ever touch the FF hype of Jevan Snead. This board legit, had him as a #1 draft pick for like a full year. 

• Like 1

Just browsing through, there are a lot of interesting names there.  Plenty of guys i kinda liked in the draft, but never really managed to catch on.  I'm actually kinda excited for this.  Gonna be fun to watch some of these players.  More excited for this than i was the AAF tbh.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:43 PM, animaltested said:

Ah man, Nick Fitzgerald. Remember he was a hot commodity around these parts a few years ago. I think people had him as a potential top QB prospect at one point.

But nobody, and I mean NOBODY will ever touch the FF hype of Jevan Snead. This board legit, had him as a #1 draft pick for like a full year. 

Fitzgerald is the 3rd-string QB on the BattleHawks, who have one of the league's better QB rooms. Jordan Ta'Amu was named the starter and has plenty of upside. As for Taylor Heinicke, I was surprised that he didn't get a full-time NFL backup job. Fitzgerald is pegged to be playing a Taysom Hill role, which could be really fun.

• Like 1

Antonio Callaway, haha.

Dude flashed as a rookie and was a guy so many Browns fans had high hopes for as a #3 WR this year, but he was suspended, came back and looked awful, and then got in trouble again. I guess no other NFL team felt he was worth gambling on at this point in time.