New Front Office, New Co-Mod

CWood21

First off, we want to give a big thanks to @Woz for his years of service.  And also for the many headaches of the Survivor League.  We're going to put him in the retirement home with @e16bball and where we tried to put @ET80 before he broke out in nothing but his underwear.  Let's all give him a round of applause for his services.

So with that being said, we're bringing in some really stinky old meat that we can't get rid of.  Without further ado, we're bringing in @naptownskinsfan as co-mod in the Redskins forum with @Thaiphoon, so bring him your worst.  It's not like Thai does anything anyways.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, we want to give a big thanks to @Woz for his years of service.  And also for the many headaches of the Survivor League.  We're going to put him in the retirement home with @e16bball and where we tried to put @ET80 before he broke out in nothing but his underwear.  Let's all give him a round of applause for his services.

So with that being said, we're bringing in some really stinky old meat that we can't get rid of.  Without further ado, we're bringing in @naptownskinsfan as co-mod in the Redskins forum with @Thaiphoon, so bring him your worst.  It's not like Thai does anything anyways.

Wait... My @Wozzy bear is leaving!?

Aw man, that ain't good. Who gonna tell me that I won?

• Like 2

@Woz, let me be the first to welcome you to the Retired Redskins Forum Mod Convalescence Home. I think it’s only me and @skinsfanLA there — and he hasn’t been real chatty the last decade or so, so I’m thrilled to have you check in. 

I think you’ll really enjoy your stay — it’s been described as an authentic “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” type experience. The lodgings are a bit spartan, and they’re very serious about the “no shoelaces” rule, but you get 3 hots and your very own cot, showering is entirely optional, and they’ve got the 64 pack of crayons to give you a lot of options in scribbling your delirious Redskins rantings and ravings on the walls. Plus there’s free weekly electroshock therapy to help with that pesky habit of muttering “RGIII” and “Cousins” in your sleep as you toss and turn restlessly all night. 

What you’ve done in your (loooong) time as moderator here has been remarkable. You’ve made this a place for fans (of the most difficult team on earth to be a fan of) to vent, argue, share, and commiserate. You’ve never been anything but respectful and level-headed, and you’ve indisputably made painstakingly researched message board posts cool again. With your retirement, I hope you’ll be a bit refreshed and reinvigorated in your fandom — it can be easier to enjoy watching, following, and discussing when you’re not in charge of checking in, monitoring, and worrying about how the forum is running. 

Cheers, my good friend 🍻🍻

• Like 7

4 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

@Woz was one of the best Mods the Skins forum could ever ask for!

Yeah, this is really bittersweet for me.  I am more than happy to help out, but disappointed that it's because @Woz needs to step aside.  He and Thai run a great forum here, and I'm just happy to slot in and do what I can to help further things along.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah...including announcing @Woz departure! hehe

• Like 2

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

@Woz, let me be the first to welcome you to the Retired Redskins Forum Mod Convalescence Home. I think it’s only me and @skinsfanLA there — and he hasn’t been real chatty the last decade or so, so I’m thrilled to have you check in. 

I think you’ll really enjoy your stay — it’s been described as an authentic “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” type experience. The lodgings are a bit spartan, and they’re very serious about the “no shoelaces” rule, but you get 3 hots and your very own cot, showering is entirely optional, and they’ve got the 64 pack of crayons to give you a lot of options in scribbling your delirious Redskins rantings and ravings on the walls. Plus there’s free weekly electroshock therapy to help with that pesky habit of muttering “RGIII” and “Cousins” in your sleep as you toss and turn restlessly all night. 

What you’ve done in your (loooong) time as moderator here has been remarkable. You’ve made this a place for fans (of the most difficult team on earth to be a fan of) to vent, argue, share, and commiserate. You’ve never been anything but respectful and level-headed, and you’ve indisputably made painstakingly researched message board posts cool again. With your retirement, I hope you’ll be a bit refreshed and reinvigorated in your fandom — it can be easier to enjoy watching, following, and discussing when you’re not in charge of checking in, monitoring, and worrying about how the forum is running. 

Cheers, my good friend 🍻🍻

Wait...there's shock therapy?

<counts days until my moderator retirement>

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, this is really bittersweet for me.  I am more than happy to help out, but disappointed that it's because @Woz needs to step aside.  He and Thai run a great forum here, and I'm just happy to slot in and do what I can to help further things along.  

Well...full disclosure. It was a hostile takeover. I was tired of @Woz being the pretty moderator. Always struttin' around with his facts, and figures, and logical posts, and whatnot...

So I bought him out. 

You'd be surprised at what a year's subscription to the "Jelly of the Month" club will get you.

• Like 2