Jump to content
CWood21

New Front Office, New Co-Mod

Recommended Posts

In all seriousness, thank you @Woz for being the senior moderator and helping me get my bearings as a moderator when @e16bball retired the mantle. It was kind of difficult going from the brusque poster to a moderator who had to be more level-headed and abide by the rules.

Me: "What? You mean I can't break the rules ever?"

Woz: "Not ever."

Me: "This sucks, I wanna go home"

Woz: "Nope, you've been branded. Your only hope is retirement after a lengthy servitude of being pressed into service."

Me: "Great, what do I have to look forward to?"

Woz: "Free cookies."

Me: "Done"

Okay, back to seriousness. Simply an amazing run by a moderator. What you and @e16bball established as the mods when I arrived was my North Star as to what a mod should be (respectful, evenhanded, calm in the face of unruliness, and also standing your ground about your opinions, while ensuring that the discussions kept going), and I am blessed to have shared this time with you as the co-moderator (*). And more importantly, I have the utmost respect for you as a poster, a Redskins fan, and a person. I hope you continue to be active because we need to get our forum past Cleveland in the post #'s!

 

(*) OMG, this makes me <gasp>...<whispers conspiratorially>...senior moderator.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and this has been in the works for awhile now. @naptownskinsfan was the natural choice for the new moderator. I have every confidence that he will be as good as @Woz and @e16bball were as mods.

Welcome! Now...about that short Redskins forum moderator pledge period that has now started...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh and this has been in the works for awhile now. @naptownskinsfan was the natural choice for the new moderator. I have every confidence that he will be as good as @Woz and @e16bball were as mods.

Welcome! Now...about that short Redskins forum moderator pledge period that has now started...

Gonna need clarity on the “pledge period”. As a former pledge master we can make this fun. 
In all seriousness, thanks @woz. Is he still going to post? We need to keep the numbers up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well...full disclosure. It was a hostile takeover. I was tired of @Woz being the pretty moderator. Always struttin' around with his facts, and figures, and logical posts, and whatnot...

So I bought him out. 

You'd be surprised at what a year's subscription to the "Jelly of the Month" club will get you.

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Gonna need clarity on the “pledge period”. As a former pledge master we can make this fun. 
In all seriousness, thanks @woz. Is he still going to post? We need to keep the numbers up. 

Shhh....mods-only. hehe

Yeah @Woz better show up and post! That was the deal!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

In all seriousness, thank you @Woz for being the senior moderator and helping me get my bearings as a moderator when @e16bball retired the mantle. It was kind of difficult going from the brusque poster to a moderator who had to be more level-headed and abide by the rules.

Me: "What? You mean I can't break the rules ever?"

Woz: "Not ever."

Me: "This sucks, I wanna go home"

Woz: "Nope, you've been branded. Your only hope is retirement after a lengthy servitude of being pressed into service."

Me: "Great, what do I have to look forward to?"

Woz: "Free cookies."

Me: "Done"

Okay, back to seriousness. Simply an amazing run by a moderator. What you and @e16bball established as the mods when I arrived was my North Star as to what a mod should be (respectful, evenhanded, calm in the face of unruliness, and also standing your ground about your opinions, while ensuring that the discussions kept going), and I am blessed to have shared this time with you as the co-moderator (*). And more importantly, I have the utmost respect for you as a poster, a Redskins fan, and a person. I hope you continue to be active because we need to get our forum past Cleveland in the post #'s!

 

(*) OMG, this makes me <gasp>...<whispers conspiratorially>...senior moderator.

For just about all of this post 

Image result for Rock clap gif

For the last sentence 

Image result for old man walker gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For just about all of this post 

Image result for Rock clap gif

For the last sentence 

Image result for old man walker gif

I cannot tell you how much that I hate that you have that clip of me on my way to work.

#stalker

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @Woz is on one hell of a retirement bender right now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

You'd be surprised at what a year's subscription to the "Jelly of the Month" club will get you.

Is this where you walk into a Bob Evans or IHOP and just steal jellies from the table and then mail them?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is this where you walk into a Bob Evans or IHOP and just steal jellies from the table and then mail them?

Great.

And now you're an "accessory after the fact"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

No one has made an easy joke like “One of the best Mods there ever Woz” and I’m upset.

I’m finding a new team.

Good lord. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...