New Front Office, New Co-Mod

CWood21

In all seriousness, thank you @Woz for being the senior moderator and helping me get my bearings as a moderator when @e16bball retired the mantle. It was kind of difficult going from the brusque poster to a moderator who had to be more level-headed and abide by the rules.

Me: "What? You mean I can't break the rules ever?"

Woz: "Not ever."

Me: "This sucks, I wanna go home"

Woz: "Nope, you've been branded. Your only hope is retirement after a lengthy servitude of being pressed into service."

Me: "Great, what do I have to look forward to?"

Woz: "Free cookies."

Me: "Done"

Okay, back to seriousness. Simply an amazing run by a moderator. What you and @e16bball established as the mods when I arrived was my North Star as to what a mod should be (respectful, evenhanded, calm in the face of unruliness, and also standing your ground about your opinions, while ensuring that the discussions kept going), and I am blessed to have shared this time with you as the co-moderator (*). And more importantly, I have the utmost respect for you as a poster, a Redskins fan, and a person. I hope you continue to be active because we need to get our forum past Cleveland in the post #'s!

(*) OMG, this makes me <gasp>...<whispers conspiratorially>...senior moderator.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh and this has been in the works for awhile now. @naptownskinsfan was the natural choice for the new moderator. I have every confidence that he will be as good as @Woz and @e16bball were as mods.

Welcome! Now...about that short Redskins forum moderator pledge period that has now started...

Gonna need clarity on the “pledge period”. As a former pledge master we can make this fun. 
In all seriousness, thanks @woz. Is he still going to post? We need to keep the numbers up. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well...full disclosure. It was a hostile takeover. I was tired of @Woz being the pretty moderator. Always struttin' around with his facts, and figures, and logical posts, and whatnot...

So I bought him out. 

You'd be surprised at what a year's subscription to the "Jelly of the Month" club will get you.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Gonna need clarity on the “pledge period”. As a former pledge master we can make this fun. 
In all seriousness, thanks @woz. Is he still going to post? We need to keep the numbers up. 

Shhh....mods-only. hehe

Yeah @Woz better show up and post! That was the deal!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

In all seriousness, thank you @Woz for being the senior moderator and helping me get my bearings as a moderator when @e16bball retired the mantle. It was kind of difficult going from the brusque poster to a moderator who had to be more level-headed and abide by the rules.

Me: "What? You mean I can't break the rules ever?"

Woz: "Not ever."

Me: "This sucks, I wanna go home"

Woz: "Nope, you've been branded. Your only hope is retirement after a lengthy servitude of being pressed into service."

Me: "Great, what do I have to look forward to?"

Woz: "Free cookies."

Me: "Done"

Okay, back to seriousness. Simply an amazing run by a moderator. What you and @e16bball established as the mods when I arrived was my North Star as to what a mod should be (respectful, evenhanded, calm in the face of unruliness, and also standing your ground about your opinions, while ensuring that the discussions kept going), and I am blessed to have shared this time with you as the co-moderator (*). And more importantly, I have the utmost respect for you as a poster, a Redskins fan, and a person. I hope you continue to be active because we need to get our forum past Cleveland in the post #'s!

(*) OMG, this makes me <gasp>...<whispers conspiratorially>...senior moderator.

For just about all of this post 

Image result for Rock clap gif

For the last sentence 

Image result for old man walker gif

• Like 2