UNIVERSAL AND BLOOMHOUSE REMAKING THE THING!

MacReady

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Dude The Thing is a remake.  

Yes.  By a helluva director and a star-studded cast.

my contention is that Hollywood has been bombing remakes the past decade. I have no faith they won’t make this a joke. The main character will be played by Jennifer Lawrence or something dumb like that. Hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by ///mcompact

3 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Yes.  By a helluva director and a star-studded cast.

my contention is that Hollywood has been bombing remakes the past decade. I have no faith they won’t make this a joke. The main character will be played by Jennifer Lawrence or something dumb like that. Hope I’m wrong. 

Read the press release/announcement.  They are trying to do this right.

• Like 1

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

For Outpost sake I hope this is a good movie. He is going to walk off into the woods during a snowstorm if this doesn't turn out aces. 

No, I’m going to love it no matter what they do to it.  Every movie I have ever been hyped for I have loved at first.  I remember coming out of The Thing (2011) thinking it was awesome.  That’s only because I convince myself I love these things.  I will not be able to provide a good assessment of this movie until probably a month after I see it.

Also, I am going to follow this movie like I’m a 12 year old girl and it’s Justin Bieber. Once a director is announced I am going to watch every single movie that director ever made.  Hopefully he made more than a few commercials and no movies (that was the case with the 2011 version).  Gonna follow casting updates, too.

I’m hoping they cast at least a few older actors and don’t try to turn this into some testosterone action movie.  I’m also hoping they don’t try to modernize it.  It should be set before a simple satellite phone call could solve their problems.  

They might also want to think about ditching the flame throwers.  Research stations did not have flamethrowers.  The original novella relied on other means to kill it.  Explosives, incendiaries, etc.  

AND I AM NOT GOING TO WATCH A SINGLE TRAILER!  I have said for a long time I would literally pay 1,000 or more to be able to watch The Thing for the first time and not know when the transformations/deaths are coming.  I feel like any trailers might spoil that terribly.  

The Norwegian camp angle is probably gone.  They’re probably going to start at discovery.  IDK about that though.  

• Like 2

Other than practical effects, I’m also worried about the mind reading angle from the novel.  Didn’t like that too much.  If I recall, however, it wasn’t confirmed The Thing could read minds, just speculated.  

I am going to do so much talking to myself in this thread I just know it.

they said this is being fast tracked..so we should know who the director is going to be soon

also blumhouse usually works with small budgets which could end being a good thing if they get a good director. they will probably have this out in theaters next yr.I can see a feb release date like they did with Get Out and this yr with invisible man or they could put it around Halloween?

• Like 1