UNIVERSAL AND BLOOMHOUSE REMAKING THE THING!

MacReady

Honestly this movie doesn’t need a big budget.  Approximately 12 cast members total (no extras), a single location...

The only thing this movie needs is a big practical effects budget and one star.  Make the rest of them unknowns to heighten the paranoia and not give a sense of who will/won’t be a thing.  

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Outpost31 said:

Honestly this movie doesn’t need a big budget.  Approximately 12 cast members total (no extras), a single location...

Feels like they almost have to put Wyatt Russell in here somewhere right? Even if he is taken out by The Thing pretty early

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Feels like they almost have to put Wyatt Russell in here somewhere right? Even if he is taken out by The Thing pretty early

Wyatt 100% channeled his dad for a couple scenes in Overlord.  He could absolutely pull of MaCReady.  Would be happy with it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Outpost31 said:

The only thing this movie needs is a big practical effects budget and one star.  Make the rest of them unknowns to heighten the paranoia and not give a sense of who will/won’t be a thing.  

Big names could work although it's definitely not needed. But if they do have name actors, they need to kill some off.

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

side note: just for the first time realized there isnt a woman character (unless you count the computer). We looking at some gender bends?

All female.  The Thing turns out to just be the patriarchy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't get it. 

there would be nothing more  all-girl-fight-thepatriarchy meme/etc than setting the film (and inverting hollywoods power structure, as best shown through the lens  of laughing at 70's-ploitation films like the women in prison subgenre)  on the mythical home of the birthplace of lesbianism.

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

there would be nothing more  all-girl-fight-thepatriarchy meme/etc than setting the film (and inverting hollywoods power structure, as best shown through the lens  of laughing at 70's-ploitation films like the women in prison subgenre)  on the mythical home of the birthplace of lesbianism.

Now I know where lesbianism got started. 

• 5 months later...

John Carpenter MIGHT be involved.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3628702/thing-john-carpenter-teases-new-project-currently-works/

Sounds like he might have something else to do with it.  Maybe I can dream for both a remake AND a sequel to the 82 version.  When this was first announced, the guy who announced it said there’d be MORE than just the one movie.

I have always said that the premise of The Thing should be as popular in film and television as zombies.  It should have its own sub genre.  Bring everything on honestly.  All female version, adaptation of the original source material, sequels, equels, new stories in different settings...

Edited by Outpost31

Also, it’s always when I least expect to get news about this that I get news about it.  I check bloody-disgusting at least 6 times a day for updates on this during the week, but they never post stories on Sunday, and I clicked the bookmark for the site on accident and there it was.

This is the first bit of good news I have received since January.