Sign in to follow this  
Bobby816

XFL

Thought I’d make a thread on the XFL. Some decent talents in the league that can prove themselves worthy of a NFL roster spot.

Just now, drew39k said:

What day does it debut?

I think it's a week after the Superbowl. Definitely sometime February.

Also, I'm already planning to go to a few. Sucks that it's going to be February and in Metlife, but at like $30 a ticket - why not?

Some notable skill position guys like...

QB: Cardale Jones, Landry Jones, Josh Johnson, Matt McGloin, Connor Cook, Aaron Murray

RB: Cameron Artis-Payne, Christine Michael, Jhurrel Pressley, Kenneth Farrow, Elijah Hood, De'Veon Smith, Darnell Pumphrey, and several others.

WR: Sammie Coates, Rashad Ross, Eli Rodgers, Jeff Badet, Mekale McKay, Deangelo Yancy, Nelson Spruce, Terrance Williams, Kasen Williams, Fred Ross, and several others.

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Thought I’d make a thread on the XFL. Some decent talents in the league that can prove themselves worthy of a NFL roster spot.

It would be great for players who have slipped under the radar, and were not drafted. Only problem is all these other leagues like this have failed is the past. I think Orlando would support a team, but I am not sure about the rest. If it worked like MLB minor leagues, where the teams would have a affiliation with NFL teams it would have a better chance to survive. But who knows I remember when the AFL started, most people though they would fail, but what they had going for them was the richest owners in all of pro football, Hilton, Hunt.  Wilson, and others.

I hope it really takes off. The games are cheap to go too and you have NFL talent. If these QB can have success and make some good throws it will increase the interest. I also like it is on local channels on Saturday and Sunday the weekend after the Super Bowl so it will keep people going. The only problem is keeping that interest from week one until the Championship week. I was thinking about being an LA fan because I like their roster.