Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showtime

NFL Draft

Recommended Posts

Free agency will heavily impact what the Seahawks do in the draft, but so far where do you all see the team going?  I've seen several mock drafts and most of them have Seattle taking an offensive lineman or defensive lineman in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guessing we can assume Seattle trades out of the 1st. Guessing their first pick comes in the late 30's. JSPC will most definitely want to recoup the 3rd round pick. 

Im hoping Seattle focuses on a true LEO. Im a firm believer in that Seattle was locked onto a LEO in 2019, but the run on edge talent caught them off guard.

IDL is probably something they address on day 2 or 3 as its traditionally been a unit Seattle has replenished with FA acquisitions.

An o-tackle in the last first would be great, but I get the feeling there is going to be a run on tackle talent, leaving the position pretty barren by the time Seattle is on the clock. Might be a target with the extra draft capital in the 2nd?

With the depth at WR in this draft, I get the feeling they might double dip, especially if they end up non-tendering David Moore. The mid-round comp picks could be good spots.

TE is position I hope they add to, but they will more than likely look to FA to fill that need. 

IOL is a huge position of need, but again, Seattle seems to prefer adding vets to hold those positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, animaltested said:

Guessing we can assume Seattle trades out of the 1st. Guessing their first pick comes in the late 30's. JSPC will most definitely want to recoup the 3rd round pick. 

Im hoping Seattle focuses on a true LEO. Im a firm believer in that Seattle was locked onto a LEO in 2019, but the run on edge talent caught them off guard.

IDL is probably something they address on day 2 or 3 as its traditionally been a unit Seattle has replenished with FA acquisitions.

An o-tackle in the last first would be great, but I get the feeling there is going to be a run on tackle talent, leaving the position pretty barren by the time Seattle is on the clock. Might be a target with the extra draft capital in the 2nd?

With the depth at WR in this draft, I get the feeling they might double dip, especially if they end up non-tendering David Moore. The mid-round comp picks could be good spots.

TE is position I hope they add to, but they will more than likely look to FA to fill that need. 

IOL is a huge position of need, but again, Seattle seems to prefer adding vets to hold those positions.

I was reading a mock earlier today that had Seattle taking a guard at #27 overall.  Like you said, LEO and interior defensive line are huge needs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, showtime said:

@animaltested You mentioned TE

 

Fits the need. I do know there are rumblings Seattle could go hard on Hooper IF he sees the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 5:27 PM, animaltested said:

Fits the need. I do know there are rumblings Seattle could go hard on Hooper IF he sees the market. 

True.  Olsen gets injured a lot, but I would welcome that risk.  He'd be great in Seattle's offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been consuming a lot of Seattle related draft info and here are some gut feelings I got :

Seattle could definitely go RB early (2nd round). especially if Taylor, Akers or Dillon are there when Seattle picks. 

Sounds like defensive tackle is THIN, and not many players fit Seattles template. I get the feeling Seattle will address depth at both DT and DE through FA. That being said, Okwara and Blacklock are names linked to Seattle currently. Greenard, Zuniga and Robinson are also guys that sorta fit Seattle template. 

Logan Sternberg is a name I see a lot. Seen his name ALOT pre combine and after. (Much like how Dissly was two years ago). Draftniks seem to love Ruiz, and think he fits Seattles profile for the position. But would Seattle spend high capital at C? Im not sure.

RT is interesting, quite a few names and profiles floating around Seattle, but highly doubt any of those guys (Jackson, Cleveland, Wilson) last to Seattles 1st pick. Again, could be a position they address in FA instead.

Seattle is definitely taking a WR, and could be in the 2-3 range. For some reason Chase Claypool and the Liberty guy screams Seahawks pick. DuVernay, Reager, Jefferson and Mims also fit the profile. 

The Cornerback position is a barren wasteland (from Seattles profile). Nobody other than Okudah hitting that 32 arms + profile. Diggs is a name floating around. Seattle probably looks to the bargin bin FA for competition for Flowers and Amadi.

Safety has some interesting guys, Duggar, Chin, Burgess. Winfield. Pete is obsessed with Safeties, so any of these guys wouldn't be a surprise.

At TE, Pete+John seem intrigued by local guy Hunter Bryant. Trautman and Keene fit the profile, but with the Olson signing, and Dissly recovery, not sure Seattle spends capital here. 

LB is another position PCJS love overstocking. Gay seems to be the only name floating around Seattle from that position. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, animaltested said:

Been consuming a lot of Seattle related draft info and here are some gut feelings I got :

Seattle could definitely go RB early (2nd round). especially if Taylor, Akers or Dillon are there when Seattle picks. 

Sounds like defensive tackle is THIN, and not many players fit Seattles template. I get the feeling Seattle will address depth at both DT and DE through FA. That being said, Okwara and Blacklock are names linked to Seattle currently. Greenard, Zuniga and Robinson are also guys that sorta fit Seattle template. 

Logan Sternberg is a name I see a lot. Seen his name ALOT pre combine and after. (Much like how Dissly was two years ago). Draftniks seem to love Ruiz, and think he fits Seattles profile for the position. But would Seattle spend high capital at C? Im not sure.

RT is interesting, quite a few names and profiles floating around Seattle, but highly doubt any of those guys (Jackson, Cleveland, Wilson) last to Seattles 1st pick. Again, could be a position they address in FA instead.

Seattle is definitely taking a WR, and could be in the 2-3 range. For some reason Chase Claypool and the Liberty guy screams Seahawks pick. DuVernay, Reager, Jefferson and Mims also fit the profile. 

The Cornerback position is a barren wasteland (from Seattles profile). Nobody other than Okudah hitting that 32 arms + profile. Diggs is a name floating around. Seattle probably looks to the bargin bin FA for competition for Flowers and Amadi.

Safety has some interesting guys, Duggar, Chin, Burgess. Winfield. Pete is obsessed with Safeties, so any of these guys wouldn't be a surprise.

At TE, Pete+John seem intrigued by local guy Hunter Bryant. Trautman and Keene fit the profile, but with the Olson signing, and Dissly recovery, not sure Seattle spends capital here. 

LB is another position PCJS love overstocking. Gay seems to be the only name floating around Seattle from that position. 

 

 

I'm not a fan of going RB that early.  I know some decisions are going to need to be made in the future regarding both Carson and Penny, but there are too many other concerns for me to want to take a RB in the 2nd round.  Both the offensive and defensive lines + CB is what I'm hoping for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 11:13 PM, showtime said:

I'm not a fan of going RB that early.  I know some decisions are going to need to be made in the future regarding both Carson and Penny, but there are too many other concerns for me to want to take a RB in the 2nd round.  Both the offensive and defensive lines + CB is what I'm hoping for. 

Agreed, but Im prepared for it to happen. Depending on compensation pick allotment, and capital gained by trading back, PCJS could ****** someone like Akers, Dillon or Taylor in the 2nd. Like I said, im not a fan, but its certainly within the realm of probable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, animaltested said:

Agreed, but Im prepared for it to happen. Depending on compensation pick allotment, and capital gained by trading back, PCJS could ****** someone like Akers, Dillon or Taylor in the 2nd. Like I said, im not a fan, but its certainly within the realm of probable.

I was looking at some mock drafts and I'm seeing as many as 6 or 7 CBs getting drafted in the first round.  Seems to be a really deep position this year like WR.  Are there any CBs in the first round you're looking at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, showtime said:

I was looking at some mock drafts and I'm seeing as many as 6 or 7 CBs getting drafted in the first round.  Seems to be a really deep position this year like WR.  Are there any CBs in the first round you're looking at?

At least from Seattle apparent profile for CB, no. Unless Okadah magically slips to 27. Apparently, most the CB's at the combine lack the 32 inch arms Seattle requires. That and a lot of prospects aren't known for play around the LOS. Diggs could be a guy in their realm, but going off of Seattles drafting tendencies, they probably go OT, Edge or WR in the 1st (or early 2nd pending a trade back).  And Im DEFINATELY not ruling out Seattle taking Taylor at 27 if he is there. Seattle fans would riot though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

At least from Seattle apparent profile for CB, no. Unless Okadah magically slips to 27. Apparently, most the CB's at the combine lack the 32 inch arms Seattle requires. That and a lot of prospects aren't known for play around the LOS. Diggs could be a guy in their realm, but going off of Seattles drafting tendencies, they probably go OT, Edge or WR in the 1st (or early 2nd pending a trade back).  And Im DEFINATELY not ruling out Seattle taking Taylor at 27 if he is there. Seattle fans would riot though. 

Where is Amik Robertson projected to go for you?  He looks like he could be a really good slot CB.  Kind of in that Tyrann Mathieu type mold.

Interesting you mention Taylor.  I was just looking at a mock draft where Taylor was the 27th pick, but the mock had the Dolphins trading up with Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Where is Amik Robertson projected to go for you?  He looks like he could be a really good slot CB.  Kind of in that Tyrann Mathieu type mold.

Interesting you mention Taylor.  I was just looking at a mock draft where Taylor was the 27th pick, but the mock had the Dolphins trading up with Seattle.

Don't know anything about Amik. Im mostly just regurgitating consolidated info from different Seattle Draft blogs/sites/people. 

RB is going to be a interesting positon to watch for. Free Agency will definitely let us know what PCJS is going to do with the position. On paper, Carson-Penny-Homer is a solid group. But Carson is probably going to miss all of camp + PS, Penny probably wont be in uniform until week 8-9, and Homer is best suited as a Special Teams + Passing Down back. Looking at that context, suddenly, that position is a huge weakness. We saw what happened in 2016-2017 when Seattle tries to get cute with the RB position and rely and scrap heap hauls.

Carsons impending FA status after 2020 and injury history could play a role. Especially if they see Penny as a RB2 IF he can come back from injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Don't know anything about Amik. Im mostly just regurgitating consolidated info from different Seattle Draft blogs/sites/people. 

RB is going to be a interesting positon to watch for. Free Agency will definitely let us know what PCJS is going to do with the position. On paper, Carson-Penny-Homer is a solid group. But Carson is probably going to miss all of camp + PS, Penny probably wont be in uniform until week 8-9, and Homer is best suited as a Special Teams + Passing Down back. Looking at that context, suddenly, that position is a huge weakness. We saw what happened in 2016-2017 when Seattle tries to get cute with the RB position and rely and scrap heap hauls.

Carsons impending FA status after 2020 and injury history could play a role. Especially if they see Penny as a RB2 IF he can come back from injury.  

Carson and Homer should be solid if that's what the team has for the first week of the season in early September.  You do make a good point about Carson's FA status.  If the team is planning on potentially letting him go, that would only leave Penny.  Still needs to be seen if Penny can carry a full time load. 

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem as bad to draft a RB if one slips to the late first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×