NFL Draft

showtime

58 minutes ago, showtime said:

I like your analysis and you're spot on with the receivers in this draft @SaveOurSonics

The only thing is, would you all be happy with a RB in round one and a receiver in round 2?  This FA period has been nice to pick up some talent along the offensive line and Dunbar is huge for the secondary because CB was one of my biggest needs.  I guess we're still kind of waiting to see what happens to Clowney.  If Seattle could sign him to a decent deal, that would give them a lot more flexability towards the top of the draft.

I would be. If Seattle is confident in offensive line; then adding talent everyone else could really help bolster things. On paper, most Hawks fans probably think Running Back is fine. But looking more deeply with Carson's pending Free Agency, and Penny's knee being a complete unknown, is suddenly a very weak position moving forward. Plus, even IF they get some dirty cheap extension done with Chris, he hasn't played a full season yet. 

WR early makes sense because John has had much more success in the early rounds (DK, Lockett, P-Rich) than the middle rounds (Darboh, Harper, Norwood, Jennings). 

I'll be disappointed if we DON'T grab a WR early. 

100% agree that RB is a pressing need, but for me that still doesn't justify allocating top draft capital to the position. Carson was a 7th round pick. Penny was a 1st round pick. Who is the better player? 

You can find a day 1 starting capable RB in rounds 6-7. You typically can't do the same with EDGE, WR, DT, etc. 

Just kinda posting guys that profile as a fit for us as I'm grading. 

Ohio State's RT Brandon Bowen is someone who appears to be off the mainstream scouting radar presumably due to the major leg break he suffered in 2017, which forced him to miss all of 2018. With that said, he has starting experience at both OG and RT for the Buckeyes. He sports a really wide frame and serves as a snow-plow in the run game, swallowing guys up with his broad shoulders. He also has surprisingly fast feet for how big he is. He's a project from a technique standpoint; most notably playing with really poor lower body flexibility and hand placement in pass protection. 

If his medicals checkout (his injury was a broken tibia and fibula that required 3 surgeries), I've got a 4th-5th round grade on him. He offers a lot of the same size, power run blocking, and positional versatility that we prioritize in our OL prospects. 

*Side note: Graded St. John's Ben Bartch. I doubt we'd be interested considering his size, but he's a really exciting prospect. Unbelievably refined technique for a guy who transitioned from TE to LT two years ago. I have the same grade on him that I do USC's Austin Jackson (really low on Jackson fwiw). 

TRADE = 1.27 for 2.45 + 4.117 + 6.194

2.45 LB EDGE Josh Uche

2.59 DT  Ross Blacklock

TRADE = 2.64 for 3.70 + 5.173

3.70 DE Jabari Zuniga

TRADE = 3.101 + 4.133 for 3.91

3.91 WR Bryan Edwards

4.109 S Terrell Burgess

4.117 RB AJ Dillion

4.144 LB Shaun Bradley

5.149 G Kevin Dotson

5.173 CB Harrison Hand

6.194 DT Broderick Washington Jr

6.214 S Tanner Muse

7.235 WR Isiah Coulter

Robert Hunt definitely a guard. And a pretty good one at that. I didn't spend too much time breaking down his tape because I'm not prioritizing iOL so I stopped once determining he's a natural guard, but dude is a wrecking ball in the power run game. 

I plan on finishing EDGE players after watching Charlie Heck and Jack Driscoll. Any recommendations for which position group I should do after that? DTs? 

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Robert Hunt definitely a guard. And a pretty good one at that. I didn't spend too much time breaking down his tape because I'm not prioritizing iOL so I stopped once determining he's a natural guard, but dude is a wrecking ball in the power run game. 

I plan on finishing EDGE players after watching Charlie Heck and Jack Driscoll. Any recommendations for which position group I should do after that? DTs? 

Yes please!

Im wondering how Seattle will address the position. From the 2nd on, its really is an island of mistfit toys. 

Blacklock, Madubuike, Elliot, Murchison, Stowbridge, Fotu, Hamilton, Lynch, Washington, Agim. Any others that might be on Seattles radar?

• Like 1

Another day, another mock. tried to focus on different prospects :

1.27 : TRADE = for 2.35 + 4.109 + 5.182 + 7.235

2.35 : S Antoine Winfield Jr. - Drafting him with the idea of putting him at the single high. Allows Blair to play underneath (where is excelled last year). Diggs and McDougald are upcoming FA. 

2.59 EDGE Bradlee Anae - Seattle likes Utah players. fits a need, not exactly the prototype Seattle likes. 

2.64 TRADE = for 3.71 + 5.151

3.71 WR Devin DuVernay - Underneath YAC guy. Plays like Golden Tate.

3.101 DT Leki Fotu - Was focusing on Davon Hamilton, but he went higher than expected. Need an explosive 1 tech to balance with Poona.

4.109 RB Zach Moss - Insurance for Penny and Carson. Potential replacement for upcoming FA Carson.

4.133 LB Davion Taylor - Immediate ST ace. Coachable, so learning from Irvin, Wagner, KJ would be amazing. Good off ball, allows Barton to kick over to the STRONG.

4.144 TE Hunter Bryant - Couldn't pass on the value. Awesome move TE, would pair with inline Dissly nicely. Essentially a more talented Jacob Hollister.

5.151 C Nick Harris - Local guy, competition for Joey Hunt.

6.182 DT Larrell Murchison - Developmental 3 tech. Hopefully Seattle can get him to live up to his potential.

6.214 EDGE Oluwole Betiku Jr - Raw developmental EDGE.

7.235 CB Madre Harper - Checks all the boxes on Seattle CB's.  

4 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'd be really surprised (disappointed) with Bradley Anae, especially that early. Poor size and speed profile, doesn't seem like a Day 1-2 recipe for John. 

I personally have him as a late 4th-early 5th round prospect. 

Just threw him in for variety sake. I have taken Lewis, Uche, Zuniga, Greenard so many times. haha. 

Using some rumblings from Seahawks mock sites to build this one. In particular Seattles fascinations with Senior bowl win rates.

1.27 TRADE = for 1.30 + 4.136 + 7.236

1.30 TRADE = for 2.36 + 4.110

2.36 OT Isiah Wilson - OT is still the best value here. Hits all the boxes.

2.59 WR Michael Pittman - Another weapon for Rus

2.64 TRADE = for 3.73 + 5.157 + 7.223

3.73 DT Davon Hamilton - Seahawks draft blogs going gaga for the dude. 2nd highest win rate at the senior bowl. Might he be the "out of left field" 1st round pick this year for Seattle?

TRADE UP = 3.99 for 3.101 + 6.214 

3.99 EDGE Jonathan Greenard - Good, solid EDGE prospect to balance the rushers Mayowa and Irvin.

4.110 TRADE = for 4.127 + 5.174 + 7.253

4.127 RB AJ Dillion - Mid 4th good value for a RB. Insurance for Carson-Penny

4.133 OLB Anfernee Jennings - High Win rate at Senior Bowl. Could be in the mix Seattle. Not sure as an EDGE or WEAK LB. Could be used like Irvin?

4.136 G Damien Lewis - Needs some more beef up front

4.144 CB Kindle Vildor - Sounds like he could be Lane / Coleman inside outside guy. Had a good Senior Bowl I think

5.157 WR Quez Watkins - Vertical 4th-5th WR. Competition for Moore

6.174 S Tanner Muse - ST help - Tested well

6.204 TE Dalton Keane - Blew my excess picks here to trade up. Seattle doesn't use a H back like him, but he could be an intriguing weapon for Seattle. 

Hi guys. Quick shameless plug. I spend so much time with my scouting portfolio that I decided to launch an outlet to make this more public. If you're on Instagram, check out @the.pickisin to see in-depth, player-by-player analysis. 

Literally just started so only Offensive Tackles are up right now, but I'm planning on having WRs and RBs completed by end of day, EDGE completed over the weekend, and DTs shortly thereafter. 

Appreciate any support/feedback! 

• Like 2

Focused on players linked to Seattle via meetings, interviews etc. Used Seahawksdraftboard's horizontal needs chart as a baseline. 

1.27 TRADE => 2.36 + 3.99 + 7.247

1.36 DT Raekwon Davis Alabama - 3T-5T ; will be early down contributor right off the bat. Time to learn pass rush ala Jarran Reed. 

2.59 TRADE => 3.77 + 5.178 + 6.181

2.64 EDGE Jonathan Greenard Florida - Don't over think it. Showed up on the Senior Bowl , 3 down EDGE potential. 

3.77 WR Bryan Edwards South Carolina - Big bodied, chip on the shoulder. Him and DK would be a nice pair.

3.99 DT Leki Fotu Utah - Could be a force inside at the 1 TECH. Good balance for Poona Ford. 

3.101 RB Zach Moss Utah - Baby Beast Mode. Grinder.

4.133 EDGE Alton Robinson Syracuse - Value pick. Developmental edge rusher. 

4.144 CB Michael Ojemudia Iowa - Checks the boxes, insurance for Griffin and Dunbar (both FA)

5.178 G Kevin Dotson Louisiana - Another body to compete at guard.

6.181 OLB Anfernee Jennings Alabama - Toolsy OLB-EDGE hybrid

6.214 DB Julian Blackmon Utah - Versatile DB, addition to ST.

2.247 DB Gavin Heslop Stoney Brook - Eye popper at Pro Day ; Seattle was in attendance.