NFL Draft

showtime

4 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I think any team that tries to play Uche as a full-time on-ball player is going to be disappointed. Anae, Robinson, and Taylor would also be disappointing resort options for LEO. 

The DLine you put down is downright awful. We are desperate to add someone like Ngakoue, Griffen, or Clowney (and I'm still confident we will). 

With that assumption in mind, I expect iDL and LDE to be the priorities. 

Forgot Naz Jones ; but he doesn't exactly push the needle. Its pretty thin, and unproven overall. 

Seattle probably ends up with 5 Day 2-3 picks. Going to guess 2 are DL, One WR and two wildcards (S/LB,RB). 

Probably need to bring in a vet or two as well. 

Last chance Mocks!

1.27 TRADE for 2.35 + 3.99 + 7.218

2.35 TRADE for 3.39 + 5.153

2.39 S Antoine Winfield Jr

2.59 DL Raekwon Davis

2.64 TRADE for 2.74 + 6.187

2.74 WR Devin DuVernay

3.99 DT Leki Fotu

3.101 DE Khalid Kareem

4.133 RB Zach Moss

4.144 EDGE Anfernee Jennings

5.153 CB Kindle Vildor

6.187 WR Joe Reed

6.214 DB Julian Blackmon

7.218 OT Alex Taylor

1.27 TRADE for 4.109 + 5.149

2.34 RB Jonathan Taylor

2.59 TRADE for 3.70 + 5.153 + 5.173

2.64 DE Jabari Zuniga

3.70 EDGE Terrell Lewis

3.101 DT Davon Hamilton

4.109 WR Van Jefferson

4.133 WR Antonio Gibson

4.133 CB Michael Ojemuida

5.149 LB Troy Dye

5.153 S Antonie Brooks Jr 

5.173 CB BoPete Keyes

6.214 OL Shadiq Charles

Draft Spotlight: Kansas EDGE/LB Azur Kamara

🏈 Azur Kamara Reflects on Journey Leading up to the NFL Draft ...

6'3.25" // 245 // 4SR 
10" Hands // 35.25" Arms(!) // 82.5" Wingspan
4.59 40 // 4.46 Shuttle // 7.20 Cone // 28" Vert // 10'1" Broad // 13 Reps 

- Bare with me here, as this kid has a LONG way to go to ever realizing his sky high potential. With that said, he measured in with the longest arms (35.25") and fastest 40 time (4.59) of the entire Edge class and he's still flying completely under the radar. He looks like a missile pursuing the ball in a straight line and has the reach to clog pass lanes and disrupt running lanes. The Jayhawks utilized him both as an on-ball rush LB, off-ball LB, and even had him lined up in man coverage in the slot (you'll see him jamming Devin Duvernay in the Texas game from about the 5-yard line). It's clear that from a processing standpoint, Kamara is drinking from a fire hydrant out there, but if I'm an NFL team I would love to get my hands on him, tell him to focus on one thing his rookie season, and see if the game slows down for him from there. 

Definitely strikes me as a late-round Seahawks investment. 

16 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Draft Spotlight: Kansas EDGE/LB Azur Kamara

🏈 Azur Kamara Reflects on Journey Leading up to the NFL Draft ...

6'3.25" // 245 // 4SR 
10" Hands // 35.25" Arms(!) // 82.5" Wingspan
4.59 40 // 4.46 Shuttle // 7.20 Cone // 28" Vert // 10'1" Broad // 13 Reps 

- Bare with me here, as this kid has a LONG way to go to ever realizing his sky high potential. With that said, he measured in with the longest arms (35.25") and fastest 40 time (4.59) of the entire Edge class and he's still flying completely under the radar. He looks like a missile pursuing the ball in a straight line and has the reach to clog pass lanes and disrupt running lanes. The Jayhawks utilized him both as an on-ball rush LB, off-ball LB, and even had him lined up in man coverage in the slot (you'll see him jamming Devin Duvernay in the Texas game from about the 5-yard line). It's clear that from a processing standpoint, Kamara is drinking from a fire hydrant out there, but if I'm an NFL team I would love to get my hands on him, tell him to focus on one thing his rookie season, and see if the game slows down for him from there. 

Definitely strikes me as a late-round Seahawks investment. 

He was a guy that caught my eye earlier. Dude flies around the field, tested really well. Versatility and ST potential is definitely worth a pick. 

• Like 1

Making my way through the interior DLine class. Really don't see the hype with Blacklock. I suppose it's not easy to get a great picture on him because he was sorely misused at TCU as a 0 and 1 tech, but the lack of size and functional strength don't look like a 1st/2nd round pick to me at all. He has a 3rd round grade in my book. 

Watching Neville Gallimore now and already liking what I see over Blacklock. 

Well for all the panty bunching about "WHAT ABOUT THE DLINE" from Seattle fans, pretty much all DLINE talent is sitting there in day 2.

After round 1, trying to figure out PCJS is like trying to nail jello to the wall. But alas, it is still fun to try. 

So Im gonna guess a DT, WR, RB.

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Well for all the panty bunching about "WHAT ABOUT THE DLINE" from Seattle fans, pretty much all DLINE talent is sitting there in day 2.

After round 1, trying to figure out PCJS is like trying to nail jello to the wall. But alas, it is still fun to try. 

So Im gonna guess a DT, WR, RB.

They refuse to be predictable. The only relative constant is length. It's the one thing Bruce, Ifedi, McDowell, Collier, and Brooks have. Typically I'd say athleticism and potential, but Collier kinda screws that one up. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

They refuse to be predictable. The only relative constant is length. It's the one thing Bruce, Ifedi, McDowell, Collier, and Brooks have. Typically I'd say athleticism and potential, but Collier kinda screws that one up. 

Watching Draft Day Presser, and something stuck out. Pete said they filled their needs via FA, and are looking for contributors, not positional needs. "Not fitting in a shoebox" was the term. Man, day two could get wild for Seattle. Who knows where they will go. 

2 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Watching Draft Day Presser, and something stuck out. Pete said they filled their needs via FA, and are looking for contributors, not positional needs. "Not fitting in a shoebox" was the term. Man, day two could get wild for Seattle. Who knows where they will go. 

If Pete & John don't think they have a need along the DLine, we have bigger problems afoot. 

• Like 1

So I have a question... Pete Carroll tweets out draft clues. Now what I don’t understand, is how do they know the exact player they are picking? Doesn’t it kind of depend on what teams before them do? Ie someone like Lamb drops and it’s a no-brainer! This whole guess who we are picking thing literally makes zero sense to me. Help!?

1 hour ago, Sacks98 said:

I don't really have a problem with the position because Wagner is getting up there in age and KJ Wright was injured last season i kinda get the vibe from the draft analysts that we reached though.

ehhh, you'll find as many just as many rumors pegging Brooks as a late first mid second as a 3rd-4th. Sounds like he wouldn't have survived the into the 40s. Not a huge reach if we are to believe the feelers being sent out prior to the draft. 

• Like 1