NFL Draft

showtime

12 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I had identical draft grades on Darrell Taylor and Alton Robinson (both 3rd round guys). Love the pick here, very curious to see where we play him (has LEO and WLB potential). 

My guess would be those Queem Griffin, Jacob Martin "3rd and Long pin your ears back and go" for the time being. 

So with the draft class for the most part complete, a few thoughts :

Only major depth issue left is DT; Means one of a few things :

1. They believe Mone and Christmas are ready to contribute in 2020

2. Rasheem Green has the ability to kick inside more

3. There are some potential vets about to get cut in the next few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, animaltested said:

So with the draft class for the most part complete, a few thoughts :

Only major depth issue left is DT; Means one of a few things :

1. They believe Mone and Christmas are ready to contribute in 2020

2. Rasheem Green has the ability to kick inside more

3. There are some potential vets about to get cut in the next few weeks. 

I think OT is razor thin. We have 2, 3 at most on the roster right now if you include Jamarco. 

Michael Bennett still out there as a 3-tech, which we need. Hope we bring him on. 

• Like 1

Seahawks UDFA so far- 

Marcus Webb DE Troy

Defensive end Marcus Webb also had a productive day with a 35-inch vertical jump, 20 bench press reps at 225 pounds and a 4.63 40-yard dash after measuring in at 6-foot-2 ¼ and 247 pounds. His 40 time would have been the second best by a defensive lineman at the Combine and his vertical would have ranked third. 

Gavin Haslop DB Stoney Brook

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1017793&DraftYear=2020

6'0 197 ; 32 inch arms, 34 1/2 vert, 4.58 40.

Anthony Gordon ; QB WSU

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

You guys signed Chris Miller - S from Baylor. I’ve watched every snap of his career.

Not the best in coverage, was actually pretty bad up until this last year where the scheme helped him.

But he hits as hard as anyone in the country. He will destroy a ball carrier.

Haven't watched him, but the brief description reminds me of this kid we took out of Virginia Tech a few years ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

You guys signed Chris Miller - S from Baylor. I’ve watched every snap of his career.

Not the best in coverage, was actually pretty bad up until this last year where the scheme helped him.

But he hits as hard as anyone in the country. He will destroy a ball carrier.

I would agree with that, I came onto him late, have not watched him previous to this season.  But dude freaking is a knockout artist and I agree he hits as hard as anyone I saw last year.   Amazing toughness and strength in his hands, can bring guys down and really fights hard to get to the football.  Against OU he played great I thought and hit like a ton of bricks.  He should have been drafted I feel, plays with good technique and could be a star for Seattle.  Plays with passion so Seattle will love the guy.

57 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

One negative about Miller is that he can be wreckless. He had a targeting in THREE straight games this year. Though I’m assuming if he makes the team Carroll will have solidified that with him.

He'll have an uphill battle to make the team as Safety is one of our deepest positions. He does have the prerequisite skills to be a valued special teamer though, so we'll see. 

Did we learn anything about our Front Office after this draft? They are impossible to nail down, so I think it helps if we can identify any trends along the way. 

A trend I continue to notice from our Round 1-2 picks boils down to length and finishing (particularly on defense). This doesn't really translate to the Rashaad Penny pick; but Bruce Irvin, Germain Ifedi, LJ Collier, Malik McDowell, DK Metcalf, Marquise Blair, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark, Justin Britt, Bobby Wagner were all guys who excelled at finishing plays and had above average length profiles (the only exception behind Marquise Blair, who actually has relatively short arms). Those defensive players listed were all very good collegiate tacklers and the offensive players all have notable nastiness to their games. 

Jordyn Brooks and Darrell Taylor are no exception. Brooks has abnormally long arms (32.75") for how tall he is (6'0") and Darrell Taylor has a fairly ideal length profile (33" arms). Both Brooks and Taylor are exceptional tacklers. 

Thoughts beyond that? 

27 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Did we learn anything about our Front Office after this draft? They are impossible to nail down, so I think it helps if we can identify any trends along the way. 

A trend I continue to notice from our Round 1-2 picks boils down to length and finishing (particularly on defense). This doesn't really translate to the Rashaad Penny pick; but Bruce Irvin, Germain Ifedi, LJ Collier, Malik McDowell, DK Metcalf, Marquise Blair, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark, Justin Britt, Bobby Wagner were all guys who excelled at finishing plays and had above average length profiles (the only exception behind Marquise Blair, who actually has relatively short arms). Those defensive players listed were all very good collegiate tacklers and the offensive players all have notable nastiness to their games. 

Jordyn Brooks and Darrell Taylor are no exception. Brooks has abnormally long arms (32.75") for how tall he is (6'0") and Darrell Taylor has a fairly ideal length profile (33" arms). Both Brooks and Taylor are exceptional tacklers. 

Thoughts beyond that? 

IDK, unable to dig into measurables too much. I will say, after watching all the follow up news conferences, PCJS have been really emphasizing grit, attitude, and professionalism along side a  big emphasis on strength and leverage. 

Then again, this is just a outsider perspective built off interviews. IDK.