NFL Draft

showtime

Slow day, so another. Man, this one is a little ridiculous. Haha. 

1.27 No YGM , Jedrick Wills somehow slide. Looked for a small slide to pick up a 5th, got:

1.27 for 1.30 4.136, 6.192

1.30 not much positional value, so traded back again. 1.30 for 1.34 and 4.114

2.34 with Gladney and Taylor on the board, found another trade down

2.34 for 2.54, 3.86, 5.167, 6.207 

2.54 DT Ross Blacklock

2.59 WR Michael Pittman

so I really want to get in the mid 3rd. Found a pick swap with LVR

2.64 and 4.114 for 3.80 and 3.91

3.80 EDGE Jonathan Greenard

3.86 OT Ben Bartch

3.91 IOL Robert Hunt

3.101 DL James Lynch

4.133 TE Hunter Bryant

4. 136 WR John Hightower

4.144 NT Leki Fotu

5.167 RB Lamical Perine

6. 192 S Alohi Gilman

6.207 OL Calvin Throckmorton

6.215 CB Harrison Hand

Ima do a mock a day until the draft. Gonna get all into this, only to be disappointed as always. HA!

1.27 - Some WR and Kinlaw sitting at 27. Traded back to pick up an extra pick. 1.27 for 1.30 and 4.116

1.30 DT Javon Kinlaw (Highly unrealistic ; but here he is).

2.59 C Cesar Ruiz (Again, highly unrealistic he would slide, but cant pass this up)

2.64 Took a hit on value to get back a 5th; traded 2.64 for 3.80 and 5.159

3.80 DE Jabari Zuniga (More of a 5 TECH than a LEO; but depth needed all along the defensive line. Could be an early down LEO)

3.101TRADED => 4.113 + 6.184

4.113 WR Van Jefferson

4.116 OLB Willie Gay Jr

4.133 RB AJ Dillion

4.144 OG Damien Lewis

5.159 EDGE Alton Robinson 

6.184 S Alohi Gilman

6.214 CB Harrison Hand

Is Robert Hunt expected to transition to guard? I haven't had a chance to check out his tape yet. 

I'd love to come away from this draft with multiple WRs, and obviously a big fan of Duvernay and Hightower. 

Of the guys I've now watched, I don't know if I'd consider Peart a fit for our power zone scheme. At this point, if we're gonna walk out with a OT, I would assume it's going to be someone like Isaiah Wilson or Prince Tega Wonogho in the top 64 picks, or a complete developmental prospect like South Carolina State's Alex Taylor (mountain of a man with tools, pretty much what we've targeted at RT in the past). 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Is Robert Hunt expected to transition to guard? I haven't had a chance to check out his tape yet. 

I'd love to come away from this draft with multiple WRs, and obviously a big fan of Duvernay and Hightower. 

Of the guys I've now watched, I don't know if I'd consider Peart a fit for our power zone scheme. At this point, if we're gonna walk out with a OT, I would assume it's going to be someone like Isaiah Wilson or Prince Tega Wonogho in the top 64 picks, or a complete developmental prospect like South Carolina State's Alex Taylor (mountain of a man with tools, pretty much what we've targeted at RT in the past). 

Don't know about Hunt. All the Seahawks bloggers exclusively talk about him as a guard. Both mocking sites I use have him listed as a Guard. 

My gut feeling is OT is not a need for PCJS; especially not early. Solari seems to prefer vets, and they paid Brandon Shell to be the guy at RT (at least in 2020). Brown - Shell - Jones is probably what we are going to get in 2020 at tackle. Purely conjecture, but I'm thinking 1-2-3 will be focused on bringing in day 1 contributors (DL, WR, LB, RB), IOL in the 3rd-4th, developmental OL in the 6th & 7th. 

Trust me, we all WANT an heir apparent to Brown, or a possible upgrade on Shell. Just stating its probably unlikely. 

4 hours ago, animaltested said:

My gut feeling is OT is not a need for PCJS; especially not early. Solari seems to prefer vets, and they paid Brandon Shell to be the guy at RT (at least in 2020). Brown - Shell - Jones is probably what we are going to get in 2020 at tackle. Purely conjecture, but I'm thinking 1-2-3 will be focused on bringing in day 1 contributors (DL, WR, LB, RB), IOL in the 3rd-4th, developmental OL in the 6th & 7th. 

Trust me, we all WANT an heir apparent to Brown, or a possible upgrade on Shell. Just stating its probably unlikely. 

I like to believe you're right, simply because I don't want to be taking Isaiah Wilson as early as I believe we'd have to. With that said, Shell is only making $4.5m a season, which is essentially low-end starter / high-end backup money. It also is only guaranteed for the first season. Even with acquiring Shell, I wouldn't be totally confident that locks him in as their starter and, as you mention, it's getting to be about time that we consider a contingency plan for Duane Brown (though I will say, for a player of his caliber, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we can squeeze another 3 good years out of him a la Jason Peters). 

Good stuff with the mocks by the way, I enjoy seeing various scenarios play out. 

Another day, Another mock. Again, this one would never work, too many rookies. I keep saying Ill move up, and never do.

1.27 - Couple of WR sitting there (Mims, Jefferson) found a trade back.

1.27 for 2.34, 3.99, 4.150, 7.218

2.34 - Well Mims is there again. 

2.36 + 3.99 for 2.46 + 3.95 + 4.118 + 5.178

2.46 OT Isiah Wilson

2.59 DT Raekwon Davis

2.64 Want a little more capital to make a move in the 3rd

2.64 + 4.133 for 3.74 + 4.115 + 5.187

3.74 WR Devin Duvernay

3.95 OG Robert Hunt

3.101 DE Jabari Zuniga

4.115 OLB/EDGE Azur Kamara

4.118 S Terrell Burgess

4.144 NT Leki Fotu 

5.150 TE Thaddeus Moss

5.178 RB Lamical Perine

6.187 EDGE Oluwole Bekitu Jr

6.214 C Calvin Throckmorton

7. WR Aaron Parker

• Like 1

Found another OL prospect that makes a lot of sense for us. 

Kansas LT Hakeem Adeniji. Ultimately would need to shift to RT or even OG at the pro level, but he's a 4-year starter at Kansas who never missed a start (despite playing 2017 with TWO torn labrums) and showed off at the Combine with elite explosion (9'7" Broad + 34" Vert). 

Strikes me as the exact type of guy we'd pluck in rounds 4/5/6 to develop across multiple positions. 

On 4/8/2020 at 8:17 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Found another OL prospect that makes a lot of sense for us. 

Kansas LT Hakeem Adeniji. Ultimately would need to shift to RT or even OG at the pro level, but he's a 4-year starter at Kansas who never missed a start (despite playing 2017 with TWO torn labrums) and showed off at the Combine with elite explosion (9'7" Broad + 34" Vert). 

Strikes me as the exact type of guy we'd pluck in rounds 4/5/6 to develop across multiple positions. 

He is a guy I had a lot in my earlier drafts. He SCREAMS Seattle.

1.27 Fulton on the board. Found a small trade down to pick up a late 4th

TRADE: 1.27 for 1.29 and 4.145

1.30 for 2.36, 3.99, 5.150, 7.218, 7.255

2.36 RB Jonathan Taylor - Cannot pass up that value.

So I tried to do something different, trading up.

TRADE = 2.46 for 2.59, 3.101, 4.144

2.46 EDGE Terrell Lewis - Good potential at EDGE. opportunity to slowly enter rotation. 

2.64 Wanted to recoup some picks from the trade up

TRADE = 2.64 for 3.73 and 4.140

3.73 DT Justin Madubuike - Good depth 3 tech. Heir apparent for Reed. 

3.99 OL Robert Hunt - Versatility along the line. Could push Haynes and Fluker. 

4.133 DT Leki Fotu - Nice balance for Poona Ford. 

4.140 WR John Hightower - Vertical guy to push David Moore.

4145 LB Davion Taylor - They love fast, explosive LB's. He could be a ST beast.

5.150 CB Kindle Vildor - Competition at Nickle for Amadi. 

6.214 EDGE DJ Wonnum - Developmental depth at edge. 

7. 218 Quez Watkins - Burner 

7.238 C Jake Hanson Competition for Joey Hunt

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/4/10/21216097/seattle-seahawks-avoid-offensive-line-early-draft-solari-wheeler-haynes-knox-sweezy-iupati-fluker

Brings up a lot of good points. Starting to get the feeling Seattle doesn't draft any OL until the 4th. 

With Finney and Jones's versatility, the only "position" up for grabs in a swing tackle. Something Ogbuehi seems to have been brought in exactly for. A heir apparent to Brown could be in the mix, but that is something they could address next year. Spending high capital on potential competition for Haynes at LG and Shell at RT seems a bit reckless given the positional depth at key positions. 

I like your analysis and you're spot on with the receivers in this draft @SaveOurSonics

The only thing is, would you all be happy with a RB in round one and a receiver in round 2?  This FA period has been nice to pick up some talent along the offensive line and Dunbar is huge for the secondary because CB was one of my biggest needs.  I guess we're still kind of waiting to see what happens to Clowney.  If Seattle could sign him to a decent deal, that would give them a lot more flexability towards the top of the draft.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I like your analysis and you're spot on with the receivers in this draft @SaveOurSonics

The only thing is, would you all be happy with a RB in round one and a receiver in round 2?  This FA period has been nice to pick up some talent along the offensive line and Dunbar is huge for the secondary because CB was one of my biggest needs.  I guess we're still kind of waiting to see what happens to Clowney.  If Seattle could sign him to a decent deal, that would give them a lot more flexability towards the top of the draft.

I think inevitably we will have that flexibility in the draft, whether that means retaining Clowney, signing Everson Griffen, or trading for Yannick Ngakoue. I can't imagine John going into the draft with just the names we have now. 

I wouldn't pigeon-hole us into or against any position early on. With that said, I'm typically against selecting RBs early just because, if they pan out, they have proven to be difficult to retain after their initial 4-5 year contract, so you're potentially not getting the same long-term investment that you would out of an EDGE or WR. 

• Like 1