NFL Draft

showtime

On 4/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, SaveOurSonics said:

Hi guys. Quick shameless plug. I spend so much time with my scouting portfolio that I decided to launch an outlet to make this more public. If you're on Instagram, check out @the.pickisin to see in-depth, player-by-player analysis. 

Literally just started so only Offensive Tackles are up right now, but I'm planning on having WRs and RBs completed by end of day, EDGE completed over the weekend, and DTs shortly thereafter. 

Appreciate any support/feedback! 

Cool idea.  I bookmarked it, so I can read up on prospects that I don't know much about.  Really like how digestible it is.

• Like 1

Trying to finish the EDGE class so I can get through the interior DL before draft day. 

Watch out for Florida DE/DT Jabari Zuniga. Some nagging injury concerns have suppressed his value and he perhaps doesn't fit the prototypical length mold that Seattle desires, but he lined up all over the formation (7-tech, 5-tech, 3-tech, 1-tech) for Florida and flashes elite explosion and slipperiness. He's a guy who I would ask to put on another 15lbs and use him the exact same way Florida did. LDE on run downs and 3-tech on passing downs. He's currently being billed as a 3rd round prospect, but strikes me as the type of surprise name we'd see Seattle take in the late 1st-early 2nd (after trading down, of course). 

Btw I realize that Zuniga is a guy you have mocked to us frequently @animaltested. Even in your mocks, I've seen that he's most commonly a 3rd round selection, so I'm more so raising question as to whether or not we wouldn't pull the trigger on him sooner. I have him rated ahead of Chaisson & Greenard and just behind Terrell Lewis, though it's unfair to even lump them all in the same category.

Edited by SaveOurSonics

10 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Trying to finish the EDGE class so I can get through the interior DL before draft day. 

Btw I realize that Zuniga is a guy you have mocked to us frequently @animaltested. Even in your mocks, I've seen that he's most commonly a 3rd round selection, so I'm more so raising question as to whether or not we wouldn't pull the trigger on him sooner. I have him rated ahead of Chaisson & Greenard and just behind Terrell Lewis, though it's unfair to even lump them all in the same category.

When Seattle likes a guy, they will pick them anywhere, so Zuniga in the early 2nd wouldn't be a huge stretch. I think the only reservation is Rasheem Green and LJ Collier are like the same player as Zuniga (at surface level). 

Another mock, trying emulate Seattle tendencies. Fieldgulls made a good point today, Since 2016 all of Seattles 1-3 round picks have been used in the trenches:

1.27 = TRADE for 2.37 + 3.73

2.37 = TRADE for 2.45 + 4.117 + 6.194

2.45 DT Raekwon Davis

2.59 DE Jabari Zuniga

2.64 DT Davon Hamilton

3.73 WR Devin Duvernay

3.101 EDGE Darrell Taylor

4.117 RB Cam Akers

4.133 OG Ben Bredeson

4.144 DB Julian Blackmon

6.194 WR Dezmon Patmon

6.214 EDGE Oluwole Betiku Jr 

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Another mock, trying emulate Seattle tendencies. Fieldgulls made a good point today, Since 2016 all of Seattles 1-3 round picks have been used in the trenches:

1.27 = TRADE for 2.37 + 3.73

2.37 = TRADE for 2.45 + 4.117 + 6.194

2.45 DT Raekwon Davis

2.59 DE Jabari Zuniga

2.64 DT Davon Hamilton

3.73 WR Devin Duvernay

3.101 EDGE Darrell Taylor

4.117 RB Cam Akers

4.133 OG Ben Bredeson

4.144 DB Julian Blackmon

6.194 WR Dezmon Patmon

6.214 EDGE Oluwole Betiku Jr 

Marquise Blair? DK Metcalf? 

4 hours ago, animaltested said:

When Seattle likes a guy, they will pick them anywhere, so Zuniga in the early 2nd wouldn't be a huge stretch. I think the only reservation is Rasheem Green and LJ Collier are like the same player as Zuniga (at surface level). 

From a position standpoint, I agree. All 3 guys profile as a LDE in our scheme, but Green is entering a contract year, Collier is a huge question mark, and Zuniga provides much more positional versatility than both. 

• Like 1

Three days until the draft , three more days for mocks: 

1.27 TRADE for 2.35 + 3.99

2.35 TRADE for 2.41 + 5.187 + 7.244

2.41 EDGE Julian Okwara 

2.59 WR Brandon Aiyuk

2.64 OL Robert Hunt

3.99 DT Leki Fotu

3.101 RB Zach Moss

4.133 DB L'Jarius Sneed

4.144 CB Michael Ojemudia

5.187 DT Teair Tart

6.214 S/LB Tanner Muse

7.244 WR Austin Mack

17 minutes ago, Sacks98 said:

I will be curious how many trades go down during the draft have to think it might be harder with how it has to be setup this year.

Maybe? Tough to say for sure. It's not like various teams were ever in the same room to begin with, so these talks have always taken place via text or phone call. The onus to pull the trigger will fall on a smaller contingency of stakeholders this year, however. 

I don’t think the format should impact trading too much. Guessing most wheeling and dealing will be done via conference calls anyway. 

Seattle should be a valuable spot at 27 for trade down considering the OT WR CB talent that will be there at 27. Not really positions Seattle values in the 1st.

Seattle just signed another interior Offensive Lineman; Kahlil MacKenzie. There are just ton of bodies there now

DJ Fluker,  Phil Haynes, Jamarco Jones, Jordan Simmons, BJ Finney, Joey Hunt, Justin Britt, Mike Iupati, Michael Roos, Kyle Fuller, Ethan Pocic, Demetius Knox, and now MacKenzie.

Getting the feeling IOL will not be addressed with a pick. Priority UDFA maybe. 

17 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Seattle just signed another interior Offensive Lineman; Kahlil MacKenzie. There are just ton of bodies there now

DJ Fluker,  Phil Haynes, Jamarco Jones, Jordan Simmons, BJ Finney, Joey Hunt, Justin Britt, Mike Iupati, Michael Roos, Kyle Fuller, Ethan Pocic, Demetius Knox, and now MacKenzie.

Getting the feeling IOL will not be addressed with a pick. Priority UDFA maybe. 

MacKenzie didn't even start on his XFL team.. xD