NFL Draft

showtime

1 hour ago, ChristmasCarroll24 said:

So I have a question... Pete Carroll tweets out draft clues. Now what I don’t understand, is how do they know the exact player they are picking? Doesn’t it kind of depend on what teams before them do? Ie someone like Lamb drops and it’s a no-brainer! This whole guess who we are picking thing literally makes zero sense to me. Help!?

I'd have to see these clues and when they're posted, but I have a feeling they aren't actually revealing anything with these clues and they are essentially horoscope readings. 

36 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'd have to see these clues and when they're posted, but I have a feeling they aren't actually revealing anything with these clues and they are essentially horoscope readings. 

They are usually mini clips from movies... sends like 5-6 prior to a pick. It would make more sense if each one was an indication of a player they want to take vs all for one player. Just wanted to vent as I find it pointless! 

4 minutes ago, ChristmasCarroll24 said:

They are usually mini clips from movies... sends like 5-6 prior to a pick. It would make more sense if each one was an indication of a player they want to take vs all for one player. Just wanted to vent as I find it pointless! 

I would continue to operate under the assumption that they are pointless. lol 

I can imagine Pete getting a good laugh over people analyzing those. 

18 hours ago, animaltested said:

ehhh, you'll find as many just as many rumors pegging Brooks as a late first mid second as a 3rd-4th. Sounds like he wouldn't have survived the into the 40s. Not a huge reach if we are to believe the feelers being sent out prior to the draft. 

Yeah, I think Brooks in the late first/early second was heating up days before the draft.  He was drafted around the point he should have been.

52 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah, I think Brooks in the late first/early second was heating up days before the draft.  He was drafted around the point he should have been.

I think Seattle pulled the trigger and didn't want to trade too far back because I bet Cincy would've snatched him with the 33rd. They went linebacker/linebacker with their 3rd/4th and in a division with Lamar Jackson, Brooks would've been ideal given his lateral quickness and overall speed.

Edited by NFL_Announcer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Smh. 

Seattle looks like they came into the draft, circled their deepest positions, and decided to make them just a little bit deeper. Really happy we're overloaded at LB, OG, and TE. 

Linebacker is not deep. Kendricks is gone, Barton looked like crap last year, Wright has lost a step since his injury a few years back, and Wagner is IMO not far off from an injury. He was close to having offseason knee surgery, not to mention the guy has a TON of tackles in his career. He's just going to wear down.

Yes we have 19 O-Lineman, but Iupati/Fluker, etc. are injury prone and on borrowed time, and Chance Warmack never lived up to the top 10 status. 

That said, I have ZERO clue why we drafted ANOTHER tight end, especially given Parkinson is not a good run blocker, which seems to be a criteria we CONSTANTLY look for. We have Olsen, Hollister, Dissley, Willson, Johnson, and now Parkinson? The F? We can't have 5 tight ends on our roster, and I don't think ditching Dissley or Hollister is smart... so we cut Olsen or Willson? If we cut Olsen and that's what prevented us from resigning Clowney I'll be fairly annoyed.

Edited by NFL_Announcer

We're not cutting Olsen. Willson is a fringe roster guy anyways so makes sense he won't be on the team. Could even see them letting Hollister go and relieving $3m+ back in cap to get an edge rusher. 

Also, LB. Agree to disagree that Barton was bad. I loved the potential he showed. Same with BBK. Kendricks is gone but we have reportedly maintained interest in retaining him pending legal issues. Replacing KJ makes sense to me, but I thought that's what Barton was for. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

Finally a pick I can love. DeeJay was my #7 RB in this class. Isn't going to wow anyone in shorts and t-shirt, but excellent functional strength, balance, hands, and efficient in pass pro. 

Full report: 

Strengths: I really like his overall makeup, he might be low ceiling but I see a guy with some serious 3-down traits and potential for a lead role with his size profile as well. He refuses to let arm tackles slow him down, does a really good job pinballing off weak tacklers and powering his way forward, very good functional balance. Thick, strong upper body that allows him to take a beating and lower his shoulder through traffic. Good enough speed that if you give him some open field he will rip off chunk gains and even take it to the house. Good overall athlete, nice blend of size, power, speed, twitch, hands. Speaking of which, shows off nice natural hands and good awareness in the open field. Very lightly used tandem back, never exceeded 115 carries in a single season + third-year kid gives him extra potential upward. Never fumbled in 2019, small window of issue in 2018 when he had 4 in 3 games, but that was it.

Weaknesses: Can be a victim of his patience at the LOS, can get caught dancing a little bit and taken down in the backfield. Not exceptional in any given area, more or less good in all of the areas mentioned in strengths. Pretty limited when it comes to lateral agility, is usually found stutter stepping to change direction and does not make defenders miss in the open field. Rather disconcerting that he couldn't win a larger stakeholder of the backfield work in college. Despite skill set, he was sparingly used in the receiving game which always brings question marks. Tested pretty poorly at the Combine in all major areas, pretty sizable red flag.

Takeaway: Similar to Zack Moss, Dallas is a do-it-all 3-down option with a low ceiling due to some athletic limitations, but could prove great value as a potential starter in the 3rd round.

• Like 1