Bill O'Brien officially promoted to Houston Texans GM

Drained

On 1/28/2020 at 10:52 PM, ET80 said:

The only solace I can find is how Chip Kelly was flushed down really quickly once he got full control. Buck stops with O'Brien at this point, nobody else to blame...

Realistically, how bad does he have to screw up as a GM to get fired? Trading Hopkins and Fuller for peanuts? Trading the farm to get a project player in the 1st round that he could have waited until the 4th for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hukos said:

Realistically, how bad does he have to screw up as a GM to get fired? Trading Hopkins and Fuller for peanuts? Trading the farm to get a project player in the 1st round that he could have waited until the 4th for?

Maybe cut JJ Watt? At this point, Watt is more than a DE, he's a hero to this city.

But that could be reasonably justified in a football decision sense. 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:27 PM, ET80 said:

Houston Sabercats are the Major League Rugby team here. There's also the Sugar Land Skeeters, that's Houston-ish (I grew up on the mean streets of Sugar Land...)

BoB gonna take those two, ain't he?

I dont think anyone outside of Texas is going to get the sarcasm. So to explain the joke, there is no mean streets in sugarland. Everyone there comes from money.

On a side note, I dont think there is a single football team in Texas that we can be proud of. In my 35 years of life I cant remember this ever being the case. The Cowboys and Oilers were good, then the Longhorns and Aggies for a bit. Recently Baylor. Even Rice won a bowl

Honestly we might not have a good sports team at all in the entire state. The Stros and Spurs were the last hope.. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Honestly we might not have a good sports team at all in the entire state. The Stros and Spurs were the last hope.. 

I'm still backing the 'Stros. You're kidding yourself if you think they were the only team in MLB that had a camera system set up to decode signs, I don't know what to tell you.

Astros in 2020, no trash cans required. ;)

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm still backing the 'Stros. You're kidding yourself if you think they were the only team in MLB that had a camera system set up to decode signs, I don't know what to tell you.

Astros in 2020, no trash cans required. ;)

I think every team cheats. Its just how far they can get away with it. But seeing as our best franchise is going through the biggest baseball scandal since Barry Bonds....

Its not a good look. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think every team cheats. Its just how far they can get away with it. But seeing as our best franchise is going through the biggest baseball scandal since Barry Bonds....

Its not a good look. 

Eh... the investigation showed the sign stealing system was given up in 2019, when they were three innings away from winning the WS. 

This is still a dominant team.

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think anyone outside of Texas is going to get the sarcasm. So to explain the joke, there is no mean streets in sugarland. Everyone there comes from money.

On a side note, I dont think there is a single football team in Texas that we can be proud of. In my 35 years of life I cant remember this ever being the case. The Cowboys and Oilers were good, then the Longhorns and Aggies for a bit. Recently Baylor. Even Rice won a bowl

Mavs will be contenders in the next couple years and are already good right now

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh... the investigation showed the sign stealing system was given up in 2019, when they were three innings away from winning the WS. 

This is still a dominant team.

Our starting pitcher either created a fake twitter or his wife went on a spree bad mouthing the rest of the team... this is an implosion waiting to happen.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Survey says... Nope!

I would say "You shouldn't bump old threads"...but this one is entirely too relevant.    It should probably be pinned until he gets fired so we can laugh at future terrible moves he is seemingly destined to make.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I would say "You shouldn't bump old threads"...but this one is entirely too relevant.    It should probably be pinned until he gets fired so we can laugh at future terrible moves he is seemingly destined to make.

I can only imagine what's in store for the regular season.

DeShaun gets injured and he signs Johnny Manziel, maybe?