Bears sign CB Tre Roberson (CFL)

WindyCity

6 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

My first though upon reading the title was "they signed a guy with a CFL injury?"

From the little bit of info out there he seems pretty good, and I like the novel way of plugging the hole at CB before it's open.  SIgh, Pace is so good at valuing the lower level players, too bad he missed on the QB!

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

My first though upon reading the title was "they signed a guy with a CFL injury?"

From the little bit of info out there he seems pretty good, and I like the novel way of plugging the hole at CB before it's open.  SIgh, Pace is so good at valuing the lower level players, too bad he missed on the QB!

Why do you two have identical posts? O.o

And what is a CFL injury, anyway? 

In case anybody hasn't bothered to look him up:

Couldn't find anything from last season (only did a quick search). There are a couple highlights that have a "man vs. boys" tilt to them, but overall it's good stuff. It sure looks like Pace knows what he's doing signing this kid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

According to ESPN's Field Yates, Roberson's two-year contract includes a $75K signing bonus, $50K Week 1 roster bonus in 2020 and a $25K workout bonus each year. He'll earn base salaries of $550K and $610K in 2020 and 2021.

I find it hard to believe that 9 teams were trying to sign him but no one would exceed THAT?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Do we all agree that this move means Amulamara is gone?

Is it wise to trust that position to Roberson or Tolliver? Will they sign another guy? 

I think so. If they get back to a great pass rush next year like we assumed they would last year, it'll ease the burden. They'll draft one too, I bet.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Is it wise to trust that position to Roberson or Tolliver? Will they sign another guy? 

I honestly dont even think its an insult to Prince. Just kind of time to move on. The NFL moves on from vets pretty quick by nature. Its just time to put someone else next to Fuller. Prince was a quality signing though, I wish him luck as a journeyman/emergency signing for a contender type of guy.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, Pool said:

I will disagree with this. He was pretty highly sought after with 9 other teams being interested and was almost the defensive mvp for the CFL. Now I'm not saying he is going to be a pro bowler but I'll be incredibly surprised if he isn't on the team come August.

My reply to the Raiders fan was not meant to be taken seriously lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I think at minimum it gives them leverage to argue with Prince that if he wants to stick he’s gotta significantly lower his salary. 

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think at minimum it gives them leverage to argue with Prince that if he wants to stick he’s gotta significantly lower his salary. 

It would be cool if it worked out that way. He may, unfortunately, want to test the market instead.