Bears sign CB Tre Roberson (CFL)

WindyCity

39 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Derp. The regular season. Please excuse me, I was having a few beers in the garage Friday night. Either way, it's unlikely, but thought it was kind of interesting. 

Don't worry about it. We've been known to derp out from time to time ourselves...

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Heinz D. said:

In case anybody hasn't bothered to look him up:

Couldn't find anything from last season (only did a quick search). There are a couple highlights that have a "man vs. boys" tilt to them, but overall it's good stuff. It sure looks like Pace knows what he's doing signing this kid. 

Thanks for sharing... I like that he's not afraid to stick his nose up in run support and it seems like he has some ball skills. 33.75" arms is solid for a corner too, hope this kid takes Prince's job.

• Like 3

Couldn't find anything from last season (only did a quick search). There are a couple highlights that have a "man vs. boys" tilt to them, but overall it's good stuff. It sure looks like Pace knows what he's doing signing this kid. 

What I like about it is he wraps up when he tackles, something you don't see much of anymore.  Also being a former quarterback obviously helps him when he is zone coverage.   Saw several nice plays just reading what the quarterback.  Looks like he does a lot of barking out there, so have to watch to make sure he doesn't get too many conduct penalties.

• Like 1

Hard to project him in coverage from the video because the CFL QBs by and large are guys who can’t make the back end of an NFL roster. 

BUT

He seems to have pretty natural hands, and I LOOOOOOOOVE the way he tackles and he’s a fiery in your face kind of player which I love in the secondary. If he can’t be a starting CB he should be an outstanding ST player. He’s clearly got a ton of length too. We have a clear body type we look for in our boundary corners between he, Fuller, Prince, Toliver and even Denmark.

Speaking of Denmark, we should be sure not to totally write that pick off as a lost cause just yet. They saw enough in traits to draft him and keep him stashed away on the PS all year despite him missing most of TC and being just a small step above being a UDFA. I’m curious to see if there’s any development there too. The stockpile we have of young CBs with size competing plus then this addition makes me think they’ve been preparing for life without Prince for a while now. 

YEAH. You are not kidding. I was chucking at some of the mismatches, and my second thought was "Pretty sure he put a lot of guys on IR in that video"

I like their approach to CB right now, with a lot of bench guys that are cheap and might work out.  

• Like 1