Ravens Mock Draft Simulators

sp6488

Always fun to mess around with the simulated mock draft tools out there. Starting a thread to post some of what you all get if/when you run them. These will evolve throughout the lead up to the draft as rankings change.

WalkTheMock is one of my favorites, but feel free to share any you like personally.

https://www.walkthemock.com/

EDIT: Adding in TheDraftNetwork here.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I ran this one the other day:

1:28 Javon Kinlaw, DL, SCAR
2:28 Tyler Biadasz, C/OG, Wisconsin
3:28 Branlee Anae, EDGE, Utah
4:28 Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
5:24 TJ Carter, CB, Memphis
6:28 Ashtyn Davis, FS, California

If our draft turned out anything close to this (the first four picks, in particular), then I would be over the moon. I would have liked to get a WR and ILB in there, but the limited number of picks hinders things a bit for the moment. When picks get updated, we should have three more fourths, no sixth, and a seventh added IIRC.

Looking forward to seeing yours.

Edited by sp6488

I prefer the https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

It is not updated with all of our projected picks, but anyways, its a nice quick drill to see how I prioritize when the board falls different.

In this one I just ran, I chose to "reach" for oline (we honestly don't know where players are projected at this point), but there is a lot to like about Cushenberry. A Raekwon Davis was also an option. Darrell Taylor follows as edge. Something iss missing for him to put it all together, but there is a lot to work with. The same with Darnay Holmes, who is really athletically gifted, but has to have someone lit a fire under him. If we don't extend both Carr and Smith, Holmes is great depth.

Davidson will probably be a common pick as he just fit us well, while Devin Duvernay may be too stiff to be anything more than a #3 receiver, but we could really use his speed and if we hit him on a quick slant he is a real chainmover with his physicality.

Antoine Brooks is safety depth and special teams value.

Obviously we lack some picks which would be used on ILB and athletic backups.

28. Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL

60. Darrell Taylor, Edge

92. Darnay Holmes, CB

119. Marlon Davidson, DL

124. Devin Duvernay

152. Antoine Brooks, Jr. S

• Like 1

Did this one today using The Draft Network's mock draft machine, which I like purely because it looks good and links to their scouting reports, which are particularly helpful later on in the draft given I didn't pay all that much attention to CFB this past season

28 Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
60 Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
92 Kenny Willekes, EDGE, Michigan State
119 Nick Coe, DE, Auburn
124 Julian Blackmon, S, Utah
152 McTelvin Agim, IDL, Arkansas

I probably would have wanted to trade down a few picks at 28, but ended up choosing Queen over Kenneth Murray, Terrell Lewis and Xavier McKinney among others.

Jefferson would be a steal at 60 and was a no-brainer and Willekes seems like a Ravens sort of pick.  Coe and Agim add to DL depth and will need to bulk up a little depending on what they actually weigh (seen anything from 275 to 305lbs for both of them), but might help to finally get some interior pressure.  Blackmon seems like decent DB depth given he's played both CB and S in college.

I did think about drafting a CB somewhere given we seem to like to draft one every year now, but couldn't find value and I expect one of Smith/Carr to still be on roster next year so didn't think there'd be much use in drafting someone in the mid rounds to be a CB7

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

His name is Tavon Young.

He is in there as a starter in our nickel, I was talking about a backup for the slot position instead of having to move Humphrey in there. We have outside cornerbacks in Averett/Marshall.

I assume our base would look something like 3 dlines 3 linebackers 3 cornerbacks (Humphrey, Peters, Young) and 2 safeties. Substitute a dline for Jimmy Smith in our dime package

Yeah I prefer the draft network simulator as well. It’s also the big board I used when compiling my mock... which is why I initially thought Queen could be had in the second, looks like they’ve moved him up.

One interesting development that I’m seeing across more and more mock drafts is the prospect of Grant Delpit falling in the draft. If given the choice I’m taking him in the first. I think he’s an elite safety and while we’re pretty stacked at the position, we’ve been using Chuck Clark a lot as our dimelinebacker and with the nickel being our base defense, I could see us using the 3 safety nickel as our base defense with those safety options. I think Delpit would be a steal in the making, he's got legit All Pro potential at the position. He’s a legit cover one oprion with elite ball skills. My second option is Terrell Lewis, but his durability history does scare me a little. Raekwon Davis, I’ll be interested in his combine. I thought he had a good shot to dominate at the senior bowl and really elevate his stock to a mid 1st rounder, but now his combine will have to do with showing how athletic he truly is. I’m not on the ILB in the first round bandwagon atm.

Double dip at pass rush, both Zuniga and Lewis are freaks, would have to figure one pops, if not both. Let them compete for the starting spot. Raegor falling would be a boon to the receiver room and he would be able to do special teams duties as well. Davidson we’ve discussed (just missed out on Tyler Biadasz somehow, don’t care about his stock falling... he’s a stud at center, the scouting community is overthinking him). Phillips is young and so he’s got developmental potential with his processing speed, plus he’s a sure tackler. Not the ideal 3 down linebacker but we’ve got Chuck Clark and Deshon Elliot to come in as nickel/dime LBs with our corners. Brooks would ensure that safety depth as he would backup Elliot and Clark to man their spot if either goes down... plus he’s a dynamic athlete that should excel on Special Teams early.

Obviously I want IOL, but there is a lot working for us here. We immediately upgrade our run defense and edge setting with Zuniga and Davidson and Phillips, while Lewis is somewhat of a boom/bust prospect.

In my world the Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis type of player is a unicorn and shouldn't be chased. If we can find a rock solid linebacker who doesn't have the best coverage ability, then that is just fine. Phillips is that type, I think Marcus Bailey is that type. Evan Weaver could be another. Bynes is that type. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danand said:

Obviously I want IOL, but there is a lot working for us here. We immediately upgrade our run defense and edge setting with Zuniga and Davidson and Phillips, while Lewis is somewhat of a boom/bust prospect.

In my world the Luke Kuechly, Patrick Willis type of player is a unicorn and shouldn't be chased. If we can find a rock solid linebacker who doesn't have the best coverage ability, then that is just fine. Phillips is that type, I think Marcus Bailey is that type. Evan Weaver could be another. Bynes is that type. 

Have to imagine that when they include the comps, if things hold true... we might somehow be able to obtain the TRUE best center in this class in the 4th round. We’d better to sprint to the podium too. Thought about taking him instead of Zuniga... ultimately I probably could’ve done that and then went with a pass rusher like Alton Robinson instead (if he fell), who is a bit more raw but has plenty of developmental upside.

I’m in the same camp with ILB, mainly because our safeties, especially Clark, have some traditional ILB duties already.

In a scenario where we could plug the holes at pass rush with free agent options/cap casualties such as Calais Campbell (potentially) and Yannick Ngakoue (sign and trade), then the below draft might be a fit... as it stands taking Delpit could seriously compromise attacking the pass rush need, but would work in providing this team with multiple elite level players that are being over-criticized due to how long they’ve been considered top prospects in Delpit and Biadasz, even Raegor has the elite speed and burst. Would love it if Delpit fell, hence why I chose to share this route vs the many I’ve done to this point today.

This is where I am at. Jeez if we could land Biadasz in the 3. round. Delpit is not my favorite prospect, but in this case he would be the backup to Earl and possible dime defender. 

Raegor gives us something else than Marquise Brown so I could see us target him rather than Hamlet while still offering some of the same. I think the guy gets knocked too much for his production, but seems to be because of limited opportunities in that offense.

This one I just did is completely unrealistic O.o

28 Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
60 D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
92 Bradlee Anae, EDGE, Utah
119 Nick Coe, EDGE, Auburn
124 Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame
152 McTelvin Agim, IDL, Arkansas

Even though I doubt we pick a WR in the 1st for two years in a row, I couldn't pass up Higgins for someone like Terrell Lewis/Curtis Weaver/Lloyd Cushenberry/Kenneth Murray.  Swift was another pure BPA pick over someone like Nick Harris or Troy Dye.  The rest basically tries to make up for the lack of early front-7 picks, plus a BPA CB (at least by TDN's draft board) given the FOs propensity to draft a CB every year

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

I couldn't pass up Higgins

He tracks the ball so well. Great adjustments, and generally attacks the ball consistently/successfully. Analytics profile checks out, great BOA, production, etc. Just like Jefferson, it's so easy to project Higgins as an immediate contributor in our offense. He's not as explosive or twitchy as I'd like, and his separation is good not great, but he seems like a bust proof year in year out 1K receiver. And if he continues to hone his route running he'll carve out quite the career for himself.