Ravens Mock Draft Simulators

sp6488

Just ran one in TDN tool. Apparently I love players in the B1G...

28. Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State

60. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan

92. Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin

119. Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

124. Collin Johnson, WR, Texas

152. Jordan Fuller, S, Ohio State

• Like 1

First at bat with TDN simulator-

#WildlyUnrealistic :D

28.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE, Penn State

60.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Ross Blacklock IDL, TCU

92.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Kyle Dugger S, Lenoir-Rhyne

119.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Marlon Davidson EDGE, Auburn

124.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Bryan Edwards WR, South Carolina

152.Baltimore Ravens USER PICK Lamar Jackson CB, Nebraska

• Like 2

Would be a pretty ideal draft. Especially if we go the Calais Campbell route in free agency. DPJ could should ideally/eventually supplant Willie Snead in the slot over the course of the season while a veteran cap cut such as Sammy Watkins could ideally be our other outside target.

• Like 1

The one I got with TDN would be a wet dream. Man, Biadasz in the 3rd, almost impossible. Unrealistic, but still...one can dream.

28. Kenneth Murray, LB

60. Justin Jefferson, WR

92. Tyler Biadasz, IOL

119. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB

124. Marlon Davidson, EDGE

152. Lamar Jackson, CB

These things are quite addictive and fun, but I’ve achieved my drop the mic moment. There’s no reason to continue after this. 

Composed of some of my favorite prospects. Hits BPA at multiple times in the draft while also hitting on every draft need (except ILB... which I’m not concerned about as I’m sure we’d run 3-4 safety sets with Clark as the green dot at a very high rate.)

Delpit has all pro talent and as Thomas continues to age out, we already have his replacement in house. Delpit is Eric Berry with trading some tackle surety for some additional man coverage focus. Madubuike inside is a forest fire that can’t be stopped. Biadasz is the forgotten best OL in this draft class. Kind of like DeCosta letting Lamar fall all the way to the 32nd pick even though they knew his talent was top notch... because they knew they could wait, same here. If Biadasz‘s demise is so unbelievably constructed then we might as well maximize draft value.

On day three to come away with Zuniga who is one of my favorite pass rush prospects in the class and Alton Robinson who I think has very good developmental potential. Then cap it off with arguably the best receiver in college football this past season, a guy who I’m higher on then some of the WRs in round one consideration... and to get him in the 5th round, Pittman has pro roots as well so he’s not going to be completely green. That and Pittman is already a beast of a special teams player, he’s not a returner, but offers value elsewhere and that’s the kind of receiver who can be active gameday every week and eventually put himself in position to earn increased opportunities in a way a guy like Jaleel Scott never could. Obviously after this draft we would be one of the top spots for UDFA ILBs to come in and compete for a significant role, if not even a starting spot. 

• Like 2

Instead of going all in on defense/offense, I tried to make a draft that took care of most of our needs.

1. Round Justin Blacklock, DT, a perfect 3-tech who is stout against the run and can affect the pass. An incredible athlete for his size

2. Round Josh Uche, Edge, so far a pure pass rusher who can win with speed or a bull rush. Went with the “fast” prospect as I think we need that with McPhee, Ward (hopefully), Bowser and Ferguson as the primary OLB/Edge players

3. Round Tyler Biadasz, IOL, I can’t fathom how it seems he is dropping, but if we can get him and the push he creates in the running game in the 3. Round I will be very happy

4. Round Nick Coe, DL, he needs some development, but he can be valuable as a true 5-tech who can go outside and inside. Would allow us to rotate Wormley more.

4. Round Troy Pride Jr. CB, had a great senior bowl and a guy with inside/outside versatility, we have to keep adding cornerbacks no matter if we retain Smith and Carr

4. Round (Mosley Comp pick) Antoine Brooks Jr., S, I really like him as a box safety/dime back, pass rusher and special teamer.

4. Round (John Brown Comp pick) Antonio Gibson, RB/WR/R, I think he has a great combination of size, speed and contact balance. He is knocked for not having a true position, I see that as a positive as we can use him as a kick returner and a guy who can move between the slot and runningback position as a great move piece

5. Round Lynn Bowden, WR/PR, another move piece and a playmaker in space. Will have to develop as a wide receiver, but with schemed touches like 49’ers did with Deebo Samuel, he could be an interesting option in our offense.

Went a slightly different route on TDN

28 Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
60 Justin Madubuike, IDL, Texas A&M
92 Ben Bredeson, IOL, Michigan
119 Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina
124 Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida
152 Harrison Hand, CB, Temple

Leaving EDGE to the 4th round isn't ideal but it is what it is

Just ran another TDN simulation. Before I get to my results, I want to comment on the players available at pick number 28 (first round). If the board fell like this, I think EDC would be trying everything in his power to trade back. In particular, if one of the teams at the top of the second liked one of the remaining QB prospects (the Colts, Lions, or Chargers, for example), it would be a great opportunity to pick up some extra 2020/2021 draft capital and still have our pick of a lot of similarly-graded talents. A high 2020 2nd, swapping one of our 2020 comp 4ths for a 2020 3rd and a 2021 3rd/4th might be good value.

Players available at pick 28 (with TDN rankings):

20. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
22. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
23. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
25. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
26. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
28. Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
29. Kenneth Murray, LB,Oklahoma
31. Neville Gallimore, IDL, Oklahoma
32. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
35. Ross Blacklock, IDL, TCU
36. Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
37. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
39. Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin

Since I don't have premium and can't make trades in the simulation, I ended up going with Delpit (oh hey @diamondbull424) as he's just too talented to pass up here, would add some additional sizzle to the dime, and would help fill out the long-term pipeline at the position. Really though hard about Gallimore and Blalock as well as Queen and Murray. Two of my favorites went a pick or two before my third and fourth round picks (Biadasz and McFarland, respectively).

28. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
60. Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State
92. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU
119. Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF
124. Leki Fotu, IDL, Utah
152. Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Just ran another TDN simulation. Before I get to my results, I want to comment on the players available at pick number 28 (first round). If the board fell like this, I think EDC would be trying everything in his power to trade back. In particular, if one of the teams at the top of the second liked one of the remaining QB prospects (the Colts, Lions, or Chargers, for example), it would be a great opportunity to pick up some extra 2020/2021 draft capital and still have our pick of a lot of similarly-graded talents. A high 2020 2nd, swapping one of our 2020 comp 4ths for a 2020 3rd and a 2021 3rd/4th might be good value.

Players available at pick 28 (with TDN rankings):

20. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
22. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
23. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
25. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
26. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
28. Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
29. Kenneth Murray, LB,Oklahoma
31. Neville Gallimore, IDL, Oklahoma
32. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
35. Ross Blacklock, IDL, TCU
36. Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
37. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
39. Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin

Since I don't have premium and can't make trades in the simulation, I ended up going with Delpit (oh hey @diamondbull424) as he's just too talented to pass up here, would add some additional sizzle to the dime, and would help fill out the long-term pipeline at the position. Really though hard about Gallimore and Blalock as well as Queen and Murray. Two of my favorites went a pick or two before my third and fourth round picks (Biadasz and McFarland, respectively).

28. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
60. Curtis Weaver, EDGE, Boise State
92. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU
119. Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF
124. Leki Fotu, IDL, Utah
152. Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

Agreed.

Though if were going to trade out of the first round and give up that additional year than it’s going to cost a lot more than your projection I think. I’m thinking if we’re trading out of the round to a top 5 pick in the 2nd round even it better be netting us a 3rd round pick straight up. That 5th year option makes the positions we might be interested in taking (WR/Edge/IDL) much more affordable if the pick is a hit.

Would love it if we could partner with the Chicago Bears, I know they’ve said they’re sticking with Mitch Trubisky, but perhaps a talented player like Jordan Love might cause them to course correct. Would be a cheap price to pay if he were to “hit” and become a franchise guy. For us we could accumulate their 43rd and 50th selections and pair our 4th round pick with the 43rd for a trade up of a few spots to secure...

Zack Baun, LB/Edge, Wisconsin. 

He’s the perfect fit for what we need. There’s been some who have felt that we need an ILB, but then there’s another group (where I fit) who feel that with the number of nickel/dime looks we run, having a classic ILB on the field would likely not be the ideal use of personnel. That said Baun has looked good in coverage and is a superior pass rusher guys like Uche and YGM who might be picked in a similar range.

From there we could have two additional second round picks to work some magic. Perhaps with those picks we could target an IDL such as Madubuike or Marlon Davidson (though he plays more like a Pernell McPhee); WRs such as Donovan Peoples-Jones, Brandon Aiyuk, or Jalen Raegor; could go with an IOL such as Cesar Ruiz or Tyler Biadasz.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:29 PM, drd23 said:

I've had Herbert falling to 28 more than once in the TDN mock draft machine.  Would be a guaranteed trade down in that scenario

I think I'd like that (OBVIOUSLY depending on who else falls to our pick). It really seems like there's a lot of guys with whom I would be just about equally happy from 25 - 40.

4 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I think I'd like that (OBVIOUSLY depending on who else falls to our pick). It really seems like there's a lot of guys with whom I would be just about equally happy from 25 - 40.

I often feel the same way and teams do too. I am quite certain that most teams has a board of 15-20 players with 1. round grades and we can still get one of those even by trading from 28 to 35.

With how we have been more aggressive with signing players early, and as teams usually know what they got by year 3, that 5 round option is rarely something that pays real value unless it is used as a year, trying to come to terms with a prospect for a new contract.

Edited by Danand
Edit: