Ravens Mock Draft Simulators

sp6488

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Posted what’s probably my favorite of the bunch. With our tanks upfront, Baun doesn’t need to have the same length as our edge threats of the past. He can be quick technique guy that can bend the arc and wreck havoc.

Then on offense I couldn’t pass up on a RB with All Pro potential falling, it’s something I can see happening somewhat IRL due to his collegiate workload, positional devaluing, other similarly ranked backs (JK Dobbins, Clyde Edwards-Helair, etc), and enough teams already having their featured back.

From there I threw two IOL options that I think have pro bowl potential, that have plenty of collegiate experience, in Biadasz and Kindley. We can’t hope to replace Yanda’s cerebral talents on the line, but with our current crop plus these new recruits I would feel EXTREMELY confident in the position group moving forward.

Hamler’s fit is obvious. With Taylor, Ingram, and Hill toting the rock... having Hollywood and Hamler terrorize DBs deep off of PA would be quite the combo.

My only annoyance is that I wasn’t able to address the ILB position with the level of talent that I would’ve preferred. So instead I took two guys with “potential” to try and alleviate that dearth; Phillips as a very young linebacker (currently only 20) and Taylor as an athletic freak that didn’t REALLY start playing football until college. Both struggle with their trigger/instincts at this point, but have plenty of developmental potential.

That said IRL if this scenario presented itself, I would look to trade up to the top of the 3rd round for Jordyn Brooks, who I see as a future stud. Has the athleticism of Taylor but with a reliable trigger. In this scenario we could’ve packaged the Kindley pick (comp 3rd) and the Willekes pick (4th) with a team like the Jets or Jags in exchange for their 3rd and 5th round picks. 

Whatever pick we could acquire for Gus Edwards along with no longer having to gamble on “potential” LBs late could be spent on the developmental defensive backs that I didn’t get to address.

14-BC442-C-A229-4319-B59-A-10-E3-A37-E0-

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I don't have an excuse for the Williams/Taylor mixup. I think I do it alot for some reason.

With regard to Daniel Jeremiahs controversial pick. I think what ticked me and others off was the explanation, in which he didn't show a good understanding of the situation, but rather going with (Ingram is over 30, I know that organization, they pick BPA, plenty of carries to go around), which in my opinion is wrong.

I think the fit and value isn't there, I think he at least had to add that we then would have to say bye bye to one of the RB's, and while we don't know what our board look like, it is difficult for me to see Swift being BPA there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danand said:

I don't have an excuse for the Williams/Taylor mixup. I think I do it alot for some reason.

With regard to Daniel Jeremiahs controversial pick. I think what ticked me and others off was the explanation, in which he didn't show a good understanding of the situation, but rather going with (Ingram is over 30, I know that organization, they pick BPA, plenty of carries to go around), which in my opinion is wrong.

I think the fit and value isn't there, I think he at least had to add that we then would have to say bye bye to one of the RB's, and while we don't know what our board look like, it is difficult for me to see Swift being BPA there.

Yeah - if anything, I think the most likely "pure BPA" values to be there at 28 are:

Potentially one of the 2nd tier edge rushers (YGM/Chaisson/Epenesa)

One of the top corners (Henderson/Fulton/Johnson)

Austin Jackson

Xavier McKinney

All of those would represent a better BPA value than Swift imo

I have an addiction...

28. Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

55. Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

60. Austin Jackson, OT, USC

92. Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue

106. Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina

129. Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

134. Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri

157. Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

225. Jeff Thomas, WR, Miami

Biggest issue is not securing a true IOL, but I think Austin Jackson (who was a great value there) could definitely kick inside to guard while also serving as a swing tackle and long-term insurance to Brown (in case we don't/can't resign him in 2 years).

On 3/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, Ray Reed said:

Yeah - if anything, I think the most likely "pure BPA" values to be there at 28 are:

Potentially one of the 2nd tier edge rushers (YGM/Chaisson/Epenesa)

One of the top corners (Henderson/Fulton/Johnson)

Austin Jackson

Xavier McKinney

All of those would represent a better BPA value than Swift imo

I tend to disagree with this assessment. While I think it is true that many of the above names that you’ve listed present better VALUE (because of their position being more important) than DeAndre Swift, I don’t however think a single player you have listed there (at least of the ones whose tape I’ve watched, is actually better than Swift. YGM, Chaisson, and Epenesa all have some notable flaws in their prospect profile. I’ve only watched Fulton of the above options and he’s also got a number of flaws to his game. Haven’t watched Jackson, but McKinney might be the only player listed with only one notable flaw similar to Swift... and it’s the same one in both of their cases, they’re not elite athletes for their respective positions.

While I don’t think Swift is the best RB in this class and while I might (have to consider it) prefer JK Dobbins over Swift, I realize that Swift is a legitimate threat and a nearly complete player. If Swift was as good of a pass rusher as he is a RB, he would be a top 10 pick for sure.

Couple of my favorites from the mocks I've fooled around with the past couple of days - different players in each but 3 different draft routes all going EDGE in Round 1. Would be pretty happy with any of these but especially the 3rd draft I think. For the most part my mocks tend to follow a similar pattern - multiple flyers in the mid-rounds on interior line prospects, a heightened interest in double dipping at the EDGE and WR positions as well, some interest in developmental TE's, and keeping an eye out for ILB prospects but not really prioritizing it for Day 1 or Day 2 unless it looks like a value pick with someone who fell. 

baun

Draft 2: 

Capture

Draft 3: 

espenesa

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

Baltimore_Ravens_logo.svg.png

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Yetur Gross-Matos

EDGE, Penn State

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Jaylon Johnson

CB, Utah

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Malik Harrison

LB, Ohio State

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Michael Pittman Jr.

WR, USC

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Brycen Hopkins

TE, Purdue

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Antoine Brooks Jr.

S, Maryland

Baltimore Ravens

USER PICK

Chase Claypool

WR, Notre Dame

Tried a 4 round mock draft and came up with a double dip on WRS. Thoughts? 

16 hours ago, Danand said:

That one is insane. Leaves a void on edge, but that need could be minimized by resigning McPhee and address it next offseason or extend both Judon and Bowser.

Yeah, that is my only problem with the mock too, especially because I consider EDGE to be a pretty big need.

I thought about it at pick 92, but I couldn't turn down the value of Kmet who seems to be a late 2nd-early 3rd guy - especially as he'd fit in pretty well to the Hurst role.

Biadasz is a lock at 106 in these mocks for me because its great value at a position of relative need.

And then after that, I couldn't really find a place where an EDGE guy made sense except maybe picking Anfernee Jennings instead of Brooks at the end of the 4th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Yeah, that is my only problem with the mock too, especially because I consider EDGE to be a pretty big need.

I thought about it at pick 92, but I couldn't turn down the value of Kmet who seems to be a late 2nd-early 3rd guy - especially as he'd fit in pretty well to the Hurst role.

Biadasz is a lock at 106 in these mocks for me because its great value at a position of relative need.

And then after that, I couldn't really find a place where an EDGE guy made sense except maybe picking Anfernee Jennings instead of Brooks at the end of the 4th

And that's where some of the wisdom of retaining Judon on the tag comes in. We can really lean in heavily on BPA and not risk having a gaping hole at EDGE. That is certainly one of the risks associated with moving him now just to get it over with.

I have Young, YGM, Epenesa, Baun and then Chaisson in the 1. round

Weaver, Taylor, Uche in the 2. round

Greenard, Zuniga in the 3. round

Khalid Khareem in the 4. round

Derrek Tuszka in the 5. round

Other than that, I don't really feel great about other prospects/have seen enough to be comfortable.