Ravens Mock Draft Simulators

sp6488

On 2/28/2020 at 8:44 PM, drd23 said:

Playing around the TDN Mock Machine during the ads of the Combine.  How happy would this make @diamondbull424 I wonder?

Untitled.png

Crazy to me that Jennings could virtually go undrafted. I remember looking at him early on in the season as a potential 1st round draft pick. Alas, that is the wild ride that is the NFL draft.

• Like 1

Figured I would run another post-combine. Not sure if rankings are updated from workouts, I would think Biadasz would be ranked higher based on his testing (that only supplements his film).

28. Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin

60 .Marlon Davidson, IDL, Auburn

92 .Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin

119. Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

124 .Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

152 .Trajan Bandy, CB, Miami

Love this summary of Baun...

Player Summary - Zack Baun will excel in a defensive system that capitalizes on his versatility and football IQ to place him in various roles in the defensive front seven. Baun has the quickness, burst and hand usage to win as a pressure player but early downs will serve him best working off the football to take advantage of his quick processor and short area quickness to step into gaps and fill versus the run. He can be a critical starter for a defense but needs to be moved around to play his best football

Sound's perfect for Wink's scheme.

21 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Figured I would run another post-combine. Not sure if rankings are updated from workouts, I would think Biadasz would be ranked higher based on his testing (that only supplements his film).

Biadasz didn’t work out at the combine because his AC Joint was scoped. 

On 3/6/2020 at 12:24 PM, diamondbull424 said:

Biadasz didn’t work out at the combine because his AC Joint was scoped. 

Good catch. Not sure why, but I could have sworn I saw comments about him working out really well during the coverage. My mistake!

10 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Good catch. Not sure why, but I could have sworn I saw comments about him working out really well during the coverage. My mistake!

Perhaps was clout given to his weigh in? I know he measured close to 6’4” and was right around 315-320 lbs, plus had nice arm length IIRC. That’s was a great measurement for him.

Another favorite of mine. Highly unrealistic with Delpit and Biadasz falling far shorter than I anticipate they will fall on draft day. Jennings is a good compliment to what Baun brings to the table. And Bryan Edwards, especially considering his injury is probably a lock for our 4th round pick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

And Bryan Edwards, especially considering his injury is probably a lock for our 4th round pick.

It does feel that way, right? The Ravens have long enjoyed stopping a talented player's fall down the draft the board lol. Edwards fits the bill. 

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

and Biadasz falling far shorter than I anticipate they will fall on draft day.

Biadasz is weird because he's gotten like 0 coverage throughout the draft, yet no one will be surprised when he goes Top 50.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Perhaps was clout given to his weigh in? I know he measured close to 6’4” and was right around 315-320 lbs, plus had nice arm length IIRC. That’s was a great measurement for him.

That may have been it.

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

I see your latest mock sim, and raise you @diamondbull424:P

mock.png

Obviously Delpit is better than Winfield Jr, but I think my last 3 have a higher upside that the 3 you managed to pick ;)

I like it. I need to watch tape of Winfield Jr. Been recently focused on WR tape and Edge tape. Will have to jump back into the safeties as that’s a likely selection done draft day.

But to be quite honest and I’ve been meaning to make a post about it in the prospects thread, but I’m not a fan of Claypool at WR. He was available in my mock sim and I passed on him. I’ve gone back to the film with him multiple times trying to convince myself of his elite athleticism, I REALLY want to like him. But every game of his I watch I see multiple double catches of balls that with his hand size and positioning should be easy snatches.

Whereas I went and really started digging in on Bryan Edwards look at how few steps it takes him with his release to gain initial separation. He would be a killer on slant routes, outs, and ins. He can also get you production on posts. He’s also still going to be 21 for the majority of this season, he’s got the far superior age adjusted production/breakout age. He’s IMO the far superior receiver.

Though I really like Zuniga as well obviously, one of my personal favorites. I just have this spider sense that come Draft time Jennings is a Raven, even though I think Zuniga presents the better chance at a breakout performer. Haven’t watched much of Fotu either. I think I watched one cut up and I wasn’t feeling him, but I might’ve just not been in the mood for film that day, I’ll give him another watch. But he’s definitely got elite athletic measurables and the size we covet at the position. I think it’s a guarantee we target a IDL late draft day. So that’s incredibly realistic.

• Like 1

They have already added our comp picks to the TDN mock draft machine. Played around with it with the focus of adding an interior oline early. Tried to fix the oline early and late, think I fixed the run defense and returner spots. Didn’t fix the pass rush though

·         28 Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan

·         60 Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

·         92 Khalid Kareem, EDGE, Notre Dame

·         106 Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis

·         129 Markus Bailey, LB, Purdue

·         134 Leki Fotu, IDL, Utah

·         143 Antoine Brooks Jr., S, Maryland

·         170 Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky

·         225 Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan