The 2020 Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

On 2/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Heinz D. said:

Ted Thompson was a really bad GM who was retained for far too long simply because he had the "wisdom" to draft Rodgers.

After Favre had threatened to retire, three years in a row. So, Thompson's a ******* genius since he drafted another quarterback in that scenario...

I don't know about that, he had a very strong draft in 2009, getting both Clay Matthews and BJ Raji. He also acquired Charles Woodson in FA. That defense that went to the Superbowl was the second ranked defense that year I believe. 

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I'm not surprised by Gabriel, but I am surprised by Amukamara. I figured they would agree to a contract that works for both sides.  

Dude was due $9M. Gabriel and Amukamara were the lay-up cuts.

I think we are going to draft a WR at #43 and trade down at #50.

Curious where this money goes... I think we make a serious run at Austin Hooper. Hunter Henry is the better player when healthy, but he's rarely healthy.

Not sure what we do to address SS and CB unless we really like the CFL kid...

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

"He's going to test the market" is just an odd thing to say after a guy was released. There's a 0% chance he's with the Bears next year, so yeah he's definitely going to test the market

I don’t think that’s a given. If he doesn’t find a great market he could definitely return at a lower salary a bit down the road. We did just that with Marcus Cooper (pukes a little). I don’t think Prince will have a hard time finding work elsewhere though as a year-to-year contract going forward because he’s far superior to Cooper, so while I think the chances he’s back now are higher than zero I think that it’s still pretty unlikely. And that’s fine IMO - he’s solid when healthy but also replaceable. There wasn’t a noticeable drop off to Toliver last year and I don’t have a terribly high opinion of Toliver at this point. 

As was said above though, these cuts were layups. The tougher decision is yet to come with what happens with Floyd. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Prince played well enough to keep but not well enough to warrant his deal. I wish him well.

Turbo was a major disappointment to me. Good riddance 

I’m with you on both. Gabriel was billed as a guy who could turn short plays into explosive plays and we never saw that. When he was signed and even before when he was being discussed as a potential signing I was pretty steadfast in saying he wouldn’t add anything to our offense that Cohen wasn’t already providing, and 2 years later that remained the case. He wasn’t useless, but we need more. 

• Like 1