The 2020 Bears Offseason Tracker

WindyCity

15 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

There's a 0% chance he's with the Bears next year, so yeah he's definitely going to test the market

Well, neither one of us know what Pace is thinking, for sure. My guess is that he has a number in mind he'd be comfortable with for Prince's return. Prince could well fetch a higher figure than that number. So, I disagree there is "a 0% chance". I don't think they cut him because they think he sucks. I think they cut him because the contract was unwieldy. 

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, neither one of us know what Pace is thinking, for sure. My guess is that he has a number in mind he'd be comfortable with for Prince's return. Prince could well fetch a higher figure than that number. So, I disagree there is "a 0% chance". I don't think they cut him because they think he sucks. I think they cut him because the contract was unwieldy. 

I came up with 0% because Amukamara isn't a dumb guy. He knows he isn't getting 9M on the open market, not even close. On that note he could've renegotiated his deal before being released. If he didn't do that, I would think the sides agreed to part ways.

22 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Moves that had to be made...glad it's Gabriel & not Patterson at this point although if we draft a speed WR in the 2nd I would expect Patterson to be cut if we still need cap space...

Prince was always solid but I suspect we try and find a really athletic and quick CB to try and find someone a little different to Fuller on the other side.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I came up with 0% because Amukamara isn't a dumb guy. He knows he isn't getting 9M on the open market, not even close. On that note he could've renegotiated his deal before being released. If he didn't do that, I would think the sides agreed to part ways.

There’s really no reason for him to renegotiate his deal with us on our terms without exploring the market though. He may well have been willing to take a cut but maybe not as much as the Bears wanted him to take too. If his strong #1 preference is to get whatever that best deal is on the open market and bring it to the Bears to see if they’ll match it then good for him. He doesn’t even have to wait for FA to where the Bears could potentially go another direction on a vet much more easily since he is free to sign anywhere right away. He can take a league tour and still circle back to the Bears before 3/18 if that’s his preference. If anything, his release now makes that more likely than if they’d released him just before FA starts. 

All of that said, I still think a return is unlikely. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GBHalas said:

It's two 2nds, two 5ths, two 6ths and a 7th.  They are expecting a 4th as a comp pick for Amos. That's 8

I believe it's one 5th and two 7ths now. The conditional 5th pick from the Raiders didn't meet the conditions so it is now a 7th.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

I keep reading that we have 8 picks... What am I missing? 

2 twos 

1 four

2 sixs

2 sevens 

That's 7 picks. 

One 5th is what you're missing

8 hours ago, GBHalas said:

It's two 2nds, two 5ths, two 6ths and a 7th.  They are expecting a 4th as a comp pick for Amos. That's 8

Two 2's, one 4, one 5, two 6's and two 7's

• 2 weeks later...