Highsmith & Wolf are OUT

zelbell

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn’t Wolf the one behind Corbett?

I don’t get the appeal of this dude.

I have no idea who was behind that. But wolf has always been mentioned as one of the most respected young front office minds in the league. I’d prefer to keep someone like that around. 

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I think so, but could be wrong.

And he's definitely responsible for Takitaki, so we'll see how that one turns out.

Yeah, I thought Corbert was ALL Dorsey, he was impressed at the Sr. Bowl?

TakiTaki was Elliot Wolfe stood on the table for this guy....

I totally get why Andrew would want his people in place. I hope that the talent leaving the building is replaced with talent that has a background in scouting. In order to stay "aligned" and be successful simultaneously, I think a balance between analytics and scouting need to be achieved.

I have seen this movie before in multiple sports. If a team goes "all in" to just one background or modus operandi, it inevitably will fail. It is important to have ideas coming from multiple angles, and the participants treat each other like gentlemen and reach common ground on a decision.

6 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I totally get why Andrew would want his people in place. I hope that the talent leaving the building is replaced with talent that has a background in scouting. In order to stay "aligned" and be successful simultaneously, I think a balance between analytics and scouting need to be achieved.

I have seen this movie before in multiple sports. If a team goes "all in" to just one background or modus operandi, it inevitably will fail. It is important to have ideas coming from multiple angles, and the participants treat each other like gentlemen and reach common ground on a decision.

Berry was a scout under Polian for 7 years before coming here under Sashi.

He’s a “real football guy” too.

• Like 1