First-Pick Ridiculous Mock Draft -- (Not serious post)

LionArkie

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eh. With how unpredictable the draft is, I don't mind seeing what's out there.

You're not wrong. I just find that FanSpeak and TDN tend to offer a little more in realism although you don't get the trading element. FS has the different big boards which offers up nice variation and you get a different feel with things. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

You're not wrong. I just find that FanSpeak and TDN tend to offer a little more in realism although you don't get the trading element. FS has the different big boards which offers up nice variation and you get a different feel with things. 

I agree, but it is fun to do a Maddenesque draft on First pick.  And to be fair, the title of the thread is super unrealistic not serious drafts.  I like to them on there with limited trading.  I feel like we will be trading this year, or at least a good chance of it, so I will always trade that first unless Chase Young is available.  But Will try to do some that are more realistic.  

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree, but it is fun to do a Maddenesque draft on First pick.  And to be fair, the title of the thread is super unrealistic not serious drafts.  I like to them on there with limited trading.  I feel like we will be trading this year, or at least a good chance of it, so I will always trade that first unless Chase Young is available.  But Will try to do some that are more realistic.  

I know, I know. 

42 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, if there's no Young sitting there, I always trade down.

I'm bored and playing around on the machine.

I traded #3 to Miami for #5 and #18 and decided not to make any other trades.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (MIA): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 18 (MIA): Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 2 Pick 3: Ashtyn Davis, FS/SS, California (B)
Round 3 Pick 3: Robert Hunt, OT, UL-Lafayette (A)
Round 4 Pick 3: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)

I addressed OL and DB but pass rush was just not there when I picked.

I'm thinking moving down to #5 and drafting Okudah is my dream scenario at his point. Pairing Okudah and Slay is just too good to pass up.

Murray and Davis are good defenders.

Addressed the OL in the middle of the draft.

KJ Hill in the 5th was good value for me and I took a chance on Randy Moss' son in the 6th rd. :P

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

I've heard people say they don't like Murray.  Frankly, I think he's going to be pretty good, but I think I like him more in the second than in the first.  Personally, I can think of 3 or 4 players I'd rather have there if they were available.  Obviously you like him to draft him at 18. Was there anyone else sitting there that gave you pause before taking Murray at 18? 

Edited by LionArkie

I think Murray is a player who is a mid first to mid second round guy.

He was the best defender on my board at that point and drafting him at LB would give the Lions the option to use Kennard as more of a pure pass rusher which is where he excels and the Lions suffer. There were a couple offensive players on my board but I really want to address our defense thoroughly. I really think we need to address multiple positions and this trade back and those first two picks allowed me to improve three areas (secondary, pass rush, mid field coverage).

• Like 1

I did two drafts.  One I had a nice trade down with Jax and everytime I saw someone I thought I could trade back for, I went for it.  The other Chase Young fell to me.  Honestly, I liked the trade back much more.  What says you?

Trade Down:

• 1.9 Derrick Brown DT Auburn
  • 1.20 Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
  • 2.3 Klavon Chaisson DE/OLB LSU
  • 2.13 Jk Dobbins RB OSU
  • 3.3 Damon Arnette CB OSU
  • 3.14 Lynn Bowden WR KY
  • 4.3 Kyle Dugger FS/SS Lenoir-Rhyne
  • 4.13 Hamsah Nasirildeen FS/SS FSU  (I'm thinking of using him in a similar role as Isaiah Simmons would be used, but he needs to go to the gym first)
  • 5.3 Akeem Davis-Gaither OLB Appalachain State
  • 5.26 Britain Covey WR Utah
  • 6.3 Damien Lewis OG LSU

Chase Young Falls:

• Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
  • Round 2 Pick 3: Henry Ruggs WR, Alabama (A+)
  • Round 3 Pick 3: Davon Hamilton DT, Ohio State (A)
  • Round 4 Pick 3: Shane Lemieux OG, Oregon (A+)
  • Round 5 Pick 3: Leki Fotu , DT, Utah (A+)
  • Round 5 Pick 26: Michael Warren RB, Cincinnati (A+)
  • Round 6 Pick 3: Lee Morris WR, Oklahoma (A+)

maybe this isn't very fair, but I wanted to see what I would prefer to do.  even looking at the first four picks, I think I would rather have the trade down scenario. I'm thinking more and more although Young may be a beast, we could get an overall better team with a trade down for the long run.

• Like 1

Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (MIA): KLavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (ARI): Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 3: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)

Pick #1 was Burrow while Pick #2 was Jedrick Wills. Traded up with my two 3RP's to acquire Becton. 

• Like 1