Jimmy Graham (Saves 8 Million) -37.4 Million

Lane Taylor (Saves 4.6 Million) -42 Million

Restructure/extension:

Corey Linsley 3 year 20 Million (Saves 5.5 Million) -47.5 Million

Re-signings:

Blake Martinez  5 Year 50 Million (Year 1, 8 Million) -39.5 Million

Bryan Bulaga      4 Year 42 Million (Year 1, 7.5 Million) -32 Million

Crosby                  3 Year 9 Million (Year 1, 3 Million) -29 Million

Mercedes, Veldeer, Ervin, Lewis, Campbell, Tonyan, Lazard, Lancaster (8 Million) -21 Million

Notable goodbyes:

Tramon

Fackrell

Allison

Spriggs

Grant

Goodson

Kumerow

Signings:

Rookies                (5 Million) -16 Million

Shelby Harris      4 Year, 51 Million (Year 1, 10 Million) -6 Million

Eric Ebron            3 Year, 22 Million (Year 1, 5 Million) – 1 Million

That leaves us with 1 Million roll-over. We’re going for 2 superbowls in the next 3 years 😊

2020 NFL Draft:

Round 1:

Kenneth Murray

Kenneth Murray, LB. Kept Martinez around because he is the heart of our defense. Murray is going to allow us to play two ILB. Our base 3-4 will be able to handle outside zone much better. Our most common formation will be 4-2-5.

Round 2:

111618_uf_Idaho_AY20-696x507.jpg

Van Jefferson, WR. Smart WR that has a father that was in the NFL for 13 years. Amazing route runner. Rodgers will have an instant connection.

Round 3:

6b98c624e2eee42ba578d40aceb8f742_bryceHall-virginia.png

Bryce Hall, CB, An aggressive CB with some size. 

Round 4:

34434e8bac3fc189c212cbbf58938b18_Trey%20Adams.png

Trey Adams, OT

Round 5:

Lamical Perine

Lamical Perine, RB

Round 6:

brian cole kansas state 19

Brian Cole, S

Round 6:

30230b5dfedbc5ea56e5a85f419fb671_shack.png

Zach Shackelford, IOL

Round 7:

QB, TE, OLB

Starting Lineups

QB: Rodgers

RB: Jones

TE: Ebron/Sternberger

WR: Adams/Jefferson

OL: Bak, Jenkins, Linsley, Turner Bulage

DL: Clark/Harris

OLB: Smith Brothers

ILB: Martinez/Murray

CB: Alexander/King

SS: Amos/Savage

Nickel: Hall or Cole

Enjoy, I apologize for the picture sizes.

Edited by Kenrik
Changed Depth Chart to Starting Line-up
  • Like 1

I have to agree with @Packerraymond. I don't think you give Martinez that money and then spend a 1st round pick on another ILB. In fact, I don't think you give Martinez that money so long as Mike Pettine is the DC of this team. It just doesn't make sense. I do appreciate the work you put into this though. I know it takes time, so thanks for that because I sure love coming on to the forums to look at a new mock!

Edited by Nick_gb

I did notice a fair bit of money pushed into 2021, with a nasty combination of no money left for this year, but the Packers are not an all-in team.

However, it being your offseason, you can do that.

I would keep Fackrell if he isn't too expensive, and Shelby Harris looks like a second NT when it's DE you need upgrading. This also impacts on the draft where I'd want a DL in the first two rounds.

I always appreciate the efforts of others though, as I know from experience you are unlikely to get good reviews if you don't have almost board-consensus picks (like Shenault in round one, for example, or Pinkney in the 3rd).

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I never like to be rude in these because everyone has a right to an opinion on how to improve the team.

Using 50 million dollars and a round 1 pick on the ILB position just isn't mine.

Should I trade back 3 spots so I dont have to justify drafting an ILB 1st round?

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I did notice a fair bit of money pushed into 2021, with a nasty combination of no money left for this year, but the Packers are not an all-in team.

However, it being your offseason, you can do that.

I would keep Fackrell if he isn't too expensive, and Shelby Harris looks like a second NT when it's DE you need upgrading. This also impacts on the draft where I'd want a DL in the first two rounds.

I always appreciate the efforts of others though, as I know from experience you are unlikely to get good reviews if you don't have almost board-consensus picks (like Shenault in round one, for example, or Pinkney in the 3rd.

Thanks, I always respect your posts!

I was doing some research on which DL to add. Shelby had played NT most of his time with Denver but mid season they moved him back to his natural position as DE on a 3 man front and he did really well. I would expect to play him there as well. 6-2 289.

https://broncoswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/denver-broncos-news-shelby-harris-moved-back-to-defensive-end/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15803589271577&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fbroncoswire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F10%2F10%2Fdenver-broncos-news-shelby-harris-moved-back-to-defensive-end%2F

Edited by Kenrik
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks for your effort. Just one thing. In a draft rich in WRs, and with WRs a great need,  we should be getting more than just Van Jefferson. 

Yeah hes not one of the high ceiling guys but his floor is much higher than most WR. Doesnt have the deep speed but really good route running, short area quickness, and doesnt have issues catching the ball in traffic, will find openings in zone coverage. I think hes someone Rodgers could immediately gel with. Slot guy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Thanks, I always respect your posts!

I was doing some research on which DL to add. Shelby had played NT most of his time with Denver but mid season they moved him back to his natural position as DE on a 3 man front and he did really well. I would expect to play him there as well. 6-2 289.

https://broncoswire-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/denver-broncos-news-shelby-harris-moved-back-to-defensive-end/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15803589271577&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fbroncoswire.usatoday.com%2F2019%2F10%2F10%2Fdenver-broncos-news-shelby-harris-moved-back-to-defensive-end%2F

Thanks for the link, that was interesting. I had no idea Shelby was that light, I envisioned him as a 325lb+ guy when he is 289. At that weight you can be much more athletic, but it's still big enough to be strong - I like 3-4 DEs to be in the 290 to 305 range.

Those close-up all face pictures are...............disturbing. O.o

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Should I trade back 3 spots so I dont have to justify drafting an ILB 1st round?

Look how many snaps Goodson got. You've either invested 50 mil or a 1st rounder for those snaps. 2 ILBs don't see the field together anymore. 

My bet is that Murray is the far superior ILB and we pay Blake Martinez until we can cut him. 

One or the other is OK, you don't need both whatsoever.

15 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks for your effort. Just one thing. In a draft rich in WRs, and with WRs a great need,  we should be getting more than just Van Jefferson. 

If there is a player at another position you like better than any available WR when you're on the clock, do you then draft a WR just because it's a deep WR class and we have a need, or do you pick the player at the other position you like better?  Not arguing, just genuinely curious.

• Like 1