2020 Re-signings, Extensions, Contracts

WindyCity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Still no (as far as I'm aware), and this now thirteen days after that post. I find that really weird. Are they keeping him? O.o

I can’t imagine they are. I think they’ll look for a safety more in the SS skill set so as to allow Jackson to do what he does best far more than he was allowed to do so last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I can’t imagine they are. I think they’ll look for a safety more in the SS skill set so as to allow Jackson to do what he does best far more than he was allowed to do so last year. 

I was content with the HHCD signing at first--but time has shown your position, as stated there, to be the right one. So, I'm legitimately confused. HHCD is technically still under contract, right? Is Pace looking to trade him, or something? 

Cohen had a disappointing year offensively some of which I would attribute to how he was misused.  But he's still a Pro Bowl level PR, one of the only big play threats we have, and making less than half of what Cordarelle Patterson makes whose the other big play threat we have.  I don't see us moving on from Cohen but he'll have to prove himself all over again in 2020 if he expects an extension.

In all likelihood Ha Ha will be history.  We won't be able to afford his price tag and frankly I'd prefer we sign or draft a true SS so Jackson can move back to FS where he's a far bigger threat than he seemed to be in 2019.  It should be too tough to find a banger to bring in to compete with others we have for a SS spot.  I have to wonder whether or not they may try Denmark there.

My biggest curiosity is what Pace will do with the three ILBs who will all become UFAs next month.  I'm sure we'd like to keep two of the three but I'm not at all certain that's gonna happen.  It seems most logical that they'd like to keep Kwiatkoski over Trevathan and and they re-signed Bond more than likely as a hedge against losing Pierre-Louis. This will be interesting to follow up on over the next month.

And then we have Floyd as another elephant in the room.  If we can live with the fact that he never was a great edge rusher even in college but that he can still rush and bring pressure along with his other skills he'd be worth keeping on an extension that knocks down his cap costs dramatically. But what magic number will both parties be able to agree to and if they can't what then?

Gonna be an interesting next 5-6 weeks.