Yanda Out for Season

paraven

I really hope Yanda is one of the guys who wants to play till he is 35-36, but this is the second season in a row he is out with an injury, and the question is whether he wants to continue.

Offensive line really needs an upgrade through the draft or FA next year.

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Well that sucks, we already lost 3 starters from last year. Now it's 4. Time to hit the reset button on the o-line and draft some next year.

I wouldn't say "reset" completely as I definitely want to see Stanley, Yanda and Lewis back next season (interested in seeing more from Jensen still this year before I express judgement).  I think strong augmentation is the better approach.

6 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I wouldn't say "reset" completely as I definitely want to see Stanley, Yanda and Lewis back next season (interested in seeing more from Jensen still this year before I express judgement).  I think strong augmentation is the better approach.

Fair enough. Either way, the ravens need to invest some resources into the line after watching it more or less explode, fall apart, explode again and then catch fire as it falls off a cliff. 

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a reset scenario. Just get healthy. Stanley / Siragusa / Jensen / Yanda / Lewis sounds pretty solid to me, as long as Nico doesn't suck. But the current state... wow. We're lucky not to be hitting the floor that the Chargers have in the past. Stanley / Hurst / Jensen / Bergstrom / Howard is pretty awful even though two actual starters are still in there. 

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Yeah, I'm not really seeing a reset scenario. Just get healthy. Stanley / Siragusa / Jensen / Yanda / Lewis sounds pretty solid to me, as long as Nico doesn't suck. But the current state... wow. We're lucky not to be hitting the floor that the Chargers have in the past. Stanley / Hurst / Jensen / Bergstrom / Howard is pretty awful even though two actual starters are still in there. 

I wonder if there are any teams that are out of it that would be willing to deal with us...

Incognito from the Bills?  They are clearly willing to be sellers this year based on previous trades.  Not sure what his contract is like.

27 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I wonder if there are any teams that are out of it that would be willing to deal with us...

Incognito from the Bills?  They are clearly willing to be sellers this year based on previous trades.  Not sure what his contract is like.

Incognito is 34 and a douchebag (for lack of a better term that can be used here). The latter doesn't really matter, but still no. He's not going to propel the offense into being good enough for true contender status in the playoffs. Not worth giving up anything for since he's useless long-term.

Archived