Packers Part way with WR coach Alvis Whitted

Jaire_Island

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Madden does not have positional coaches.  Madden doesn't even have coordinators.  It is a game, Raymond. 

Chel is a better franchise building game. Fifa is a better talent acquisition and development game.   Madden is the best pay to play game. We need to quit buying this product.

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Chel is a better franchise building game. Fifa is a better talent acquisition and development game.   Madden is the best pay to play game. We need to quit buying this product.

I always buy it secondhand.  No extra support for that **** company.  They will be crippled by losing my 60 dollars a year I know.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Madden does not have positional coaches.  Madden doesn't even have coordinators.  It is a game, Raymond. 

Sad that it had all the coaches and coordinators in the 2013 version, and they all had an effect on your players ratings and development. and EA has actually removed features since. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Today is 2/20/2020 and we still get a Buggles reference.

Sounds better than I remember it...............

Went to a friends birthday (in England) yesterday. Being a civil engineer he was talking about the mud flats at the mouth of the Mississippi river and how the mud has to be moved artificially because the river has been slowed too much..............but the point is, as soon as he said "Mississippi delta", I had to butt in with "Shining like a National guitar" (Paul Simon - Graceland). Sometimes, like Roger Rabbit in the 'shave and a haircut' scene, you just can't help yourself.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

I see that Ike Hillard has been hired by the Steelers as their new WR coach. I thought he was a viable candidate for us as he was on the same staff as LaFleur in Washington. Last season he was coaching McLaurin who had a very good rookie season.

The Steelers reportedly interviewed Bryan McClendon and Jericho Crotchery. The Eagles looked at Brian Hartline and Randle El before settling on Aaron Moorehead.

Rich Scangarello is not an option anymore as he has been hired as the senior offensive assistant at the Eagles.

Sanjay Lal knows Pettine however he has accepted a position on the Seahawks coaching staff.

Darrell Hazel is still on the market but he has no prior connection or relationship with LaFleur. The way its going it's looking more and more likely that he will be forced to hire an inexperienced coach. Someone from the 49ers such as Bobby Slowik, Katie Sowers and Taylor Embree are all options. There's also Luke Steckel and Liam Coen from the Titans and Rams respectively.

He tried the college football route last year but that didn't work out, he might shy away from doing that again. 

Maybe he will just get Luke Getsy to do it but I can't see that happening.

NFL teams that hired a new WR coach this offseason: Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Dallas, Redskins, Vikings, Panthers.

NFL teams still looking for a WR coach: Packers, Patriots.

I think it's fair to say that the WR coaching search has not gone LaFleur's way so far considering it's been 3 weeks since he fired Whitted on Jan 30th. The timing was quite particular as it took him 10 days after the NFC championship game to make that decision and it has taken him even longer to find a replacement. Hopefully we will get some news before the combine.

Looking at the Patriots Belichick is taking his sweet time rebuilding his coaching staff but I think its fair to say he currently has his hands full with Tom Brady as a pending free agent and  with the upcoming combine.