Packers Part way with WR coach Alvis Whitted

Jaire_Island

I thought the timing was unusual with the timing of the post season, that is why I think that MLF thought MLF was going to be available. What makes sense now is that Katie Sowers. But the 49ers will make her a new fake coordinator position to keep her, like coaching coordinator / assistant trailer park supervisor. One of the best WR coach options is already on staff, Luke Getsy who was one of the best WR coaches the Packers ever had but came back to be a QB coach.  So maybe a promotion to passing game coordinator for him (de-facto QB/WR coach) and hire assistants QB and WR coaches (no real power, just a title) to take direct orders from him.

1 hour ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

I thought the timing was unusual with the timing of the post season, that is why I think that MLF thought MLF was going to be available. What makes sense now is that Katie Sowers. But the 49ers will make her a new fake coordinator position to keep her, like coaching coordinator / assistant trailer park supervisor. One of the best WR coach options is already on staff, Luke Getsy who was one of the best WR coaches the Packers ever had but came back to be a QB coach.  So maybe a promotion to passing game coordinator for him (de-facto QB/WR coach) and hire assistants QB and WR coaches (no real power, just a title) to take direct orders from him.

Sowers had her first year as not even a QC coach last year. She was an offensive assistant, the lowest full time position on a coaching staff. She was an intern the year before that. 

I'm pretty sure she doesn't even have a positional specialty. The only thing we've seen on that is on the commercials where she's supposedly working with the offensive line. 

Why would anybody think she's getting the nod for our WR coach, much less getting a coordinator spot somewhere?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Will she be throwing cheeseburger picnics for the linemen?

#frigoff

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

how can you pass up a chance at MiLF?

Didn't think about that with Getsy before, but I think you'd still have to hire another positional coach. What made Getsy one of the best WR coaches GB ever had though?

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sowers had her first year as not even a QC coach last year. She was an offensive assistant, the lowest full time position on a coaching staff. She was an intern the year before that. 

I'm pretty sure she doesn't even have a positional specialty. The only thing we've seen on that is on the commercials where she's supposedly working with the offensive line. 

Why would anybody think she's getting the nod for our WR coach, much less getting a coordinator spot somewhere?

But she's a woman and its trendy and edgy, so experience is irrelevant because I saw her showcased in the super bowl.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I seen that she mainly worked with the WRs

From Mike Spofford’s 'weekly chat' on the Packer website:

Q: Any word on a new receivers coach?

A: Not yet. I don't want to speak for LaFleur, but I would think he'll want to have one in place before the scouting combine, which is two weeks away.

Edited by JQ1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

The Dirty Burger.

BAAAAAAMMMMMM

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not doubting you, but where have you seen that? 

13 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

It was a pre-game show.

I remember watching that. It was Fox right? They showed it before our clunker IIRC.