All star weekend

vikes635

Since we're talking about Giannis ability to close or not close, something I mentioned a few weeks ago but no one else is really touching on, LeBron has struggled mightily closing this year. Lakers have a ceiling if he doesn't pick it up there and get back to his Cleveland days. A lot of times that was the difference between his teams losing in the 2nd round to getting to the finals. His jumper in late games has been atrocious and he can't get to the rack as easily. Part of that has to do with the Lakers playing with two bigs but they changed it up against Denver and he had a better game down the stretch than he has for most of the season. This is something to watch in the 2nd half of the season, if he can start closing these tight games before the playoffs. Lakers have no other perimeter player that can get it done themselves down the stretch and AD has a limit himself, so it will all come down to Bron. In 2018 he was a clutch monster in the playoffs, but he is not at that level this postseason? Do they get out of the West? Probably not............

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Since we're talking about Giannis ability to close or not close, something I mentioned a few weeks ago but no one else is really touching on, LeBron has struggled mightily closing this year. Lakers have a ceiling if he doesn't pick it up there and get back to his Cleveland days. A lot of times that was the difference between his teams losing in the 2nd round to getting to the finals. His jumper in late games has been atrocious and he can't get to the rack as easily. Part of that has to do with the Lakers playing with two bigs but they changed it up against Denver and he had a better game down the stretch than he has for most of the season. This is something to watch in the 2nd half of the season, if he can start closing these tight games before the playoffs. Lakers have no other perimeter player that can get it done themselves down the stretch and AD has a limit himself, so it will all come down to Bron. In 2018 he was a clutch monster in the playoffs, but he is not at that level this postseason? Do they get out of the West? Probably not............

I think they're be playing a lot more of AD at C in the playoffs, which will help Lebron's ability to score points in the paint. I think Dwight will see about 22ish mins a game and McGee will play very sparingly based on matchup/foul trouble. I think the Lakers will be much more dangerous when they go this route.

2 minutes ago, braylon said:

I think they're be playing a lot more of AD at C in the playoffs, which will help Lebron's ability to score points in the paint. I think Dwight will see about 22ish mins a game and McGee will play very sparingly based on matchup/foul trouble. I think the Lakers will be much more dangerous when they go this route.

To close games I think they for sure go AD at C. They have to, or else they just don't have the spacing for LeBron and the rest of the perimeter players are all one dimensional and can't create. I think in Denver you saw LeBron for the first time all season being able to go downhill and put a lot of pressure on the opposing defense due to the spacing he had and the Lakers had a nice close. Not perfect, but some really good looks and better than LeBron just settling for a step back 30 footer. His jumper and his confidence in his jumper late in games is just not there right now and he's struggling big time. I don't have the clutch stats with me, but I bet he is one of the worst high volume clutch players in the game this season. So this is why I'm not completely sold on the Lakers right now....I say right now, because unlike Giannis, we have seen LeBron close out PLENTY of games in the postseason and get it done in crunch time so obviously he has the ability....heck, just two years ago he had some of the best closes/4th quarter performances we have seen in YEARS. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To close games I think they for sure go AD at C. They have to, or else they just don't have the spacing for LeBron and the rest of the perimeter players are all one dimensional and can't create. I think in Denver you saw LeBron for the first time all season being able to go downhill and put a lot of pressure on the opposing defense due to the spacing he had and the Lakers had a nice close. Not perfect, but some really good looks and better than LeBron just settling for a step back 30 footer. His jumper and his confidence in his jumper late in games is just not there right now and he's struggling big time. I don't have the clutch stats with me, but I bet he is one of the worst high volume clutch players in the game this season. So this is why I'm not completely sold on the Lakers right now....I say right now, because unlike Giannis, we have seen LeBron close out PLENTY of games in the postseason and get it done in crunch time so obviously he has the ability....heck, just two years ago he had some of the best closes/4th quarter performances we have seen in YEARS. 

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.. My only thing is, Lebron has proven to be a different animal in the playoffs consistently throughout his career. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he's earned it. I fully expect him to be a dominant closer come playoff time.

18 minutes ago, braylon said:

I don't disagree with anything you're saying.. My only thing is, Lebron has proven to be a different animal in the playoffs consistently throughout his career. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he's earned it. I fully expect him to be a dominant closer come playoff time.

That's the best hope for the Lakers. But he's been GOD awful this year. And again, lack of spacing could be why. But his jumper needs to start falling or else he will be hesitant. Bron doesn't have the versatile one on one game where he can rock a defender and pull up from the FT line or from 20 feet. He's either shooting a step back three or going to the rack. Well, if he can't get to the rock? It's damn it time for the Lakers. This is why AD at the 5 is pretty much a must and given. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I touched on it. LeBron is the biggest choker in the league.