Brownie Man's Pre Superbowl Mock! I want to know what you think!

brownie man

Resign

Kareem Hunt - 2nd round tender lets give him one more opportunity to get his act together under new leadership 

Tender Ricky Seals Jones at whatever level

Cuts/Don't Resign

Joe Schobert - He'll just cost more money than what we're trying to spend on that position

Higgins - I dont think there will be a contract that makes sense for the parties to come together on

Olivier Vernon - Cost too much for the injury history. Chad Thomas showed enough last year to go into the season with 

Chris Hubbard - not much to say here 

Kirksey - I love his attiude just cant stay healthy and we can use that money elsewhere

FA Signing

Safety Anthony Harris Minnesota- Big FA signing with the money saved from Schobert and Vernon. Comes in to start at FS for us, but could play SS depending on how the draft plays out, and played in Minny with Stefanski

Guard Brandon Scherff Washington - Played under Callahan we miss out on Conklin, but Berry understands we have to protect the middle with Baker. We pay Schreff a nice contract. 

Case Keenum - Backup QB to push Baker

WR Demarcus Robinson - Comes in to be our number 3 recevier with starter upside if we do need to trade Odell down the line. 

Draft

How it plays out 

1. Cinci - Burrow

2. Washington - Chase

3. Lions - Okudah

4. Giants- Becton

5. Miami - Tua

6. LA - Andrew Thomas

7. Carolina - Justin Herbert

8. Arizona - Ceedee Lamb

9. Jacksonville - Isaiah Simmons

Browns Draft

10. Browns - Jedrick Wills - Best OT in the draft will come in and start at LT for us for the next decade. 

41. OT Isaiah Wilson Georgia-  We secure our bookends and don't look back. Wilson is extremely talented and could be a great fit at RT. 

74. FS Antoine Winfield Jr. - Developmental safety I personally dont have any faith in Redwine I just think he'll be too frail to survive as a full time FS. If Winfeld develops we can move Harris to SS. 

90. OL LLoyd Cushenberry - Developmenal inside lineman. We can develop as our center of the future, and can play swing guard if needed. 

105. CB Damon Arnette - Comes in to play Nickle corner allows Greedy and Ward to stay on the outside. 

167. WR Quintz Cephus - Developmental possession receiver great hands. Takes Higgins role

201. RB Eno Benjamin - Backup running back who is insurance if Kareem goes out of wack. 

213. QB Shea Patterson - Developmental backup QB battle it out with Gilbert 

We will need a TE if Njocku doesn't develop, but I think Stephen Carlson could be a player for us.

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

That would be a tremendous draft.

Outside of few things the draft couldn't go any better imo.

A Free-Agency main class of Anthony Harris, Brandon Scherff, Case Keenum, and Demarcus Robinson would be amazing.

Harris and Winfield Jr. ... Bitonio and Scherff .... Baker and Case .... OBJ, Jarvis, and Demarcus ... Tretter and Cushenberry III ... Wills Jr. and (replace Wilson with Hunt/Driscoll) .... Ward, Greedy, Mitchell, Arnette, Carrie ...

... would be a seriously elevated roster... except for the fact that our front 7 would be decimated .. maybe a few key signings at DLine and LB would go along way to make sure it doesn't fall off a cliff..

-------------

1.) Despite all the talk about Stefanski's system not having enough room for a WR3 (not true anyway), our personnel and offense needs a pass-catcher that can create space, stress the defense, gravity pull defenders away from OBJ and Jarvis' route zones, and allow us to use Jarvis in the slot.

I think Demarcus Robinson is a fantastic candidate to help accomplish such things as he has really good play speed over timed speed. He is such a strong runner after the catch as well and would be a great Boundary WR option allowing Jarvis to be a gadget and slot playmaker that also sees his share of boundary WR2 reps in 2-WR sets.

Out of all the FA WRs, I think that he's now my favorite and I hope we go in that direction.

2.) Wills at 10 would be amazing, but those of us on the forum aren't the only ones that believe he's the best tackle in the draft. It seems that once minority opinion is turning out to be now consensus belief amongst the big draftnik media types, and various elements in the scouting community. That's just based on the tape alone, but as the red flags manifest for Andrew Thomas it will be a Wills and Becton race for OT1 with the younger Wills likely winning out. I hope you're right though.

3.) Those first 4-5 picks are en fuego, although I don't know if Isaiah Wilson is a scheme-fit for a lot of the lateral wide and tight zone blocking we'll eventually implement. Swapping out Wilson for Robert Hunt or Jack Driscoll would be optimal.

4.) Cephus has all the talent in the world and plays a lot like a less forceful, less strong, and less twitched up Quincy Enunwa. His off-the-field issues would serve as an interesting test case for what the new front office thinks about off-the-field concerns.

5.) Shea Patterson is buttcheeks.

Edited by Mind Character

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

That would be a tremendous draft.

Outside of few things the draft couldn't go any better imo.

A Free-Agency main class of Anthony Harris, Brandon Scherff, Case Keenum, and Demarcus Robinson would be amazing.

Harris and Winfield Jr. ... Bitonio and Scherff .... Baker and Case .... OBJ, Jarvis, and Demarcus ... Tretter and Cushenberry III ... Wills Jr. and (replace Wilson with Hunt/Driscoll) .... Ward, Greedy, Mitchell, Arnette, Carrie ...

... would be a seriously elevated roster... except for the fact that our front 7 would be decimated .. maybe a few key signings at DLine and LB would go along way to make sure it doesn't fall off a cliff..

-------------

1.) Despite all the talk about Stefanski's system not having enough room for a WR3 (not true anyway), our personnel and offense needs a pass-catcher that can create space, stress the defense, gravity pull defenders away from OBJ and Jarvis' route zones, and allow us to use Jarvis in the slot.

I think Demarcus Robinson is a fantastic candidate to help accomplish such things as he has really good play speed over timed speed. He is such a strong runner after the catch as well and would be a great Boundary WR option allowing Jarvis to be a gadget and slot playmaker that also sees his share of boundary WR2 reps in 2-WR sets.

Out of all the FA WRs, I think that he's now my favorite and I hope we go in that direction.

2.) Wills at 10 would be amazing, but those of us on the forum aren't the only ones that believe he's the best tackle in the draft. It seems that once minority opinion is turning out to be now consensus belief amongst the big draftnik media types, and various elements in the scouting community. That's just based on the tape alone, but as the red flags manifest for Andrew Thomas it will be a Wills and Becton race for OT1 with the younger Wills likely winning out. I hope you're right though.

3.) Those first 4-5 picks are en fuego, although I don't know if Isaiah Wilson is a scheme-fit for a lot of the lateral wide and tight zone blocking we'll eventually implement. Swapping out Wilson for Robert Hunt or Jack Driscoll would be optimal.

4.) Cephus has all the talent in the world and plays a lot like a less forceful, less strong, and less twitched up Quincy Enunwa. His off-the-field issues would serve as an interesting test case for what the new front office thinks about off-the-field concerns.

5.) Shea Patterson is buttcheeks.

Thanks for the review mind. 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With no Schobert, Vernon, no FAs, and no draft picks, the front 7 is gonna look rough.

I like your FA and draft, but there’s no way we can go into next year without Schobert and Vernon unless we have some sort of viable replacement.

And thanks to you Bro

im leaning heavily on Chad Thomas, Myles coming back, Takitaki promoted to being our starter at MLB, and players like Bryan Cox and Porter Gustin, Adarius turning into viable backups. 

we’d still need some depth with undrafted free agents and maybe some lower tier free agents

but I think we’ve got to ask more out of Chad and Taki to be starters at least for a year and re-evaluate then 

• Like 4

I wouldn't touch Shae Patterson with a 10 ft pool not even as an undrafted FA, period. His record against ranked NCAA opponents and team rivals is atrocious so I don't think he is gonna get any better going against better all around players in the NFL imo. I would much rather have a QB that won at least most of his big games against ranked opponents and rival teams which Shae most certainly did not. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I wouldn't touch Shae Patterson with a 10 ft pool not even as an undrafted FA, period. His record against ranked NCAA opponents and team rivals is atrocious so I don't think he is gonna get any better going against better all around players in the NFL imo. I would much rather have a QB that won at least most of his big games against ranked opponents and rival teams which Shae most certainly did not. 

Welcome back.

• Like 1

I like it all other than the absolutely putrid front 7 you leave us with. If this is your plan, keep Vernon for another year and then cut him.. Cap space won't quite be an issue yet next year, even with those big FA signings. I'd also hang onto Kirksey for the exact same reasons.

Very nice job!

No need for Shea Patterson or Keenum!  But we should draft a QB late for development and or trade down the line.  Yes QB is most important position but we are all in for Mayfield.

We need either Kirksey on reduced contract or resign Schobert at reasonable levels.

We do need to draft a DL with one of the OL picks.

FB Stanton needs to be real blocker or find Hybrid/TE/H Back or whatever Stefanski needs to open running lanes....FB for Niners really makes a difference...a combination of FB and TE/hybrid H back really makes a lot of sense for Browns

Stefanski had a MN tackle O'Neil from Pitt who was a TE but transitioned to RT....this is the kind of guy we need

We need Bitionio or RG to be C if needed.

We need to draft a burner/returner/deep threat with top end speed

Send any Browns linemen or TE or WR to LeCharles Bentley offensive line school or comparable to Callahan's suggestion to learn how to block in today's NFL

Trade OBJ, Randall,