Jump to content
goldfishwars

Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 02/17/2020)

Recommended Posts

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

22. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
54. K.J. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State
86. Troy Pride Jr [ CB ] Notre Dame
125. Jordan Elliott [ IDL ] Missouri
154. Joshua Kelley [ RB ] UCLA
166. John Molchon [ IOL ] Boise State
187. Justin Strnad [ LB ] Wake Forest
200. Richie Grant [ S ] UCF
206. Michael Divinity [ EDGE ] LSU

That is a lot more defense than I was expecting. I do love the Chaisson, Pride Jr, Kelley and Strnad picks though. 

Would be hoping offense was the focal point of free agency if this is how the draft goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That is a lot more defense than I was expecting. I do love the Chaisson, Pride Jr, Kelley and Strnad picks though. 

Would be hoping offense was the focal point of free agency if this is how the draft goes.

Yeah, I think it I was wondering whether they could pass Chaisson up in the first. Normally I would go Tee Higgins, but that deep receiver class might lead teams to prioritise other needs early. Which offensive positions would you spend more picks on for Buffalo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I think it I was wondering whether they could pass Chaisson up in the first. Normally I would go Tee Higgins, but that deep receiver class might lead teams to prioritise other needs early. Which offensive positions would you spend more picks on for Buffalo? 

I don't see any issues going Chaisson in round 1.

Ideally for me the Bills would double up on WR's, grab a home run hitter at RB to pair with Singletary and then add an IOL & OT in the mid rounds to develop.

My wish list right now is Shenault at 22 and Dobbins at 54.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tennessee has like.....so many tight ends. so many lol. and i'm not even counting delanie, who was a non-factor this year and i'm assuming will not be back. i don't think it's a 3rd-round level need at this point. the rest is on point though- some combo of edge and cb in the first two rounds is precisely what i'd like to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few Bengals thoughts

FYI  Picks 65-66 got cut off in the posting.  Both show up in the team selections though.

 

In the third, give me Isaiah Wilson over trey Adams.  This team has to stop grabbing "value" by taking injured players lower than they'd otherwise be taken.  Wilson might take a year or two, but we aren't a player or two away this year.  I drove to the ;last Bengal's playoff win while a junior in college, and I'm closing in on retirement.  I can wait out Wilson't development

In the fourth, give me KJ Hill's hands over Jones-Peoples.  He was horrid in the OSU game, and shaky in the other game I watched him live.

In the sixth, I get the TE pick, but would prefer a CB (AJ Green) or a bigger bodied WR, and Cephus is staring at us there.  But isn't O'Grady the one who got suspended a few times and kicked off the team after a late season game?  That's  a Marvin Lewis 2005 kind of draft pick, and that was 15 years ago.  No thanks.

In the seventh, how about either Bass (the kicker from GA So) or Shaq Quarterman.

 

I like the overall strategy you used, just prefer different guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Kansas City

31. D'Andre Swift [ RB ] Georgia
63. Damon Arnette [ CB ] Ohio State
95. Solomon Kindley [ IOL ] Georgia
134. Akeem Davis-Gaither [ LB ] Appalachian State
175. Raequan Williams [ IDL ] Michigan State

I was shocked how low you have Albert Okwuegbunam, who is one of my favorite players outside the top 20-25. I would absolutely snap him up with #175, even #134 and like the Davis-Gaither pick.
Not thrilled with a  RB in the first, but nothing better steps up to say hello.
Arnette feels like the last pick in a run. I like the concept but question the value. May Laing. 
Kindley is my favorite pick and, as mentioned I like ADG. 
I don't know enough about Williams to comment. This pick could go almost any direction, even QB.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You hit all the major needs for the Ravens, and you got us a Terp.

Would be hard pressed to find a Ravens fan who wouldn’t be happy with this draft, id imagine. Good job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the draft.  I think the Colts (among others) would be really happy with this result.

 

You do have QB Anthony Gordon going twice though.  Late 6th and early 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fish, I appreciate the effort that this has to take. However, I have to agree with @Superduperman on this draft for the Lions. 

A better draft would be:

1) Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State: I disagree with Supes on this one. Okudah fits the profile of what the Patriots/Lions want in a CB. Oruwariye is a 5th round pick that is showing promise but is unproven. Slay is getting older and his future in Detroit is a question mark right now. 

2) Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah: Watching the Senior Bowl, Anae just stood out and he played a role that the Lions desperately need - a DE to pair with Flowers. He has versatility and could play Jack LB as well. 

3) Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State: The Lions say they like their LB's but I don't understand why. Tavai is still developing but has some promise. Kennard really is more like a DE. Jarrad Davis is playing out of position and Christian Jones is a weak spot. Even if none of that were true, Jones and Kennard are getting older while Davis is on the last year of his contract. We need to add a younger body into the mix.

4) Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon: The Lions seem content to let Glasgow go. We have major issues on the interior offensive line. We need to continue to add pieces to make sure that Stafford is better protected. They didn't do too bad last year but we gotta keep him upright moving forward. 

5a) Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA: The Lions have struggled to get 100 yard rushers. Kelley did that for them at the Senior Bowl in his first showing the Patricia and co. Kerryon's health is a question mark and Scarborough played well but isn't an established commodity. I really like McKissic but he's more of a Theo Riddick type.

5b) Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington State: The Lions should always be looking to develop a young QB as an eventual replacement of Stafford. 

6) Nick Coe, DL, Auburn: Da'Shawn Hand was a great find by Quinn. However, he struggled with injuries last year. Coe offers a lot of size and versatility. He has the potential to fill that spot if Hand's injury is more of a long term problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 1:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Miami

5. Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
18. Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
26. Tyler Biadasz [ IOL ] Wisconsin
39. Jonathan Taylor [ RB ] Wisconsin
56. Zack Baun [ LB ] Wisconsin
70. Amik Robertson [ CB ] Louisiana Tech
142. Isaiah Hodgins [ WR ] Oklahoma State
161. Khalil Davis [ IDL ] Nebraska
164. Alohi Gilman [ S ] Notre Dame
184. Joshiah Deguara [ TE ] Cincinnati
196. Gabriel Davis [ WR ] UCF
244. Derrek Tuszka [ EDGE ] N. Dakota St.
249. James Smith-Williams [ EDGE ] NC State


 

With how your board fell, this is a really strong draft for Miami.  I could quibble about the Baun and Robertson picks a little, but it's not like they are horrible or anything.  Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Pittsburgh

49. Bradlee Anae [ EDGE ] Utah
102. Harrison Bryant [ TE ] Florida Atlantic
121. Jack Driscoll [ OT ] Auburn
132. Collin Johnson [ WR ] Texas
197. Camryn Bynum [ CB ] California
231. Robert Landers [ IDL ] Ohio State

I would really like this draft for the Steelers. Don't know if Anae is really a guy the Steelers would like as far as edge goes as they like more athletic guys usually but I personally like the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Fish, I appreciate the effort that this has to take. However, I have to agree with @Superduperman on this draft for the Lions. 

A better draft would be:

1) Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State: I disagree with Supes on this one. Okudah fits the profile of what the Patriots/Lions want in a CB. Oruwariye is a 5th round pick that is showing promise but is unproven. Slay is getting older and his future in Detroit is a question mark right now. 

2) Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah: Watching the Senior Bowl, Anae just stood out and he played a role that the Lions desperately need - a DE to pair with Flowers. He has versatility and could play Jack LB as well. 

3) Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State: The Lions say they like their LB's but I don't understand why. Tavai is still developing but has some promise. Kennard really is more like a DE. Jarrad Davis is playing out of position and Christian Jones is a weak spot. Even if none of that were true, Jones and Kennard are getting older while Davis is on the last year of his contract. We need to add a younger body into the mix.

4) Shane Lemieux, OG, Oregon: The Lions seem content to let Glasgow go. We have major issues on the interior offensive line. We need to continue to add pieces to make sure that Stafford is better protected. They didn't do too bad last year but we gotta keep him upright moving forward. 

5a) Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA: The Lions have struggled to get 100 yard rushers. Kelley did that for them at the Senior Bowl in his first showing the Patricia and co. Kerryon's health is a question mark and Scarborough played well but isn't an established commodity. I really like McKissic but he's more of a Theo Riddick type.

5b) Anthony Gordon, QB, Washington State: The Lions should always be looking to develop a young QB as an eventual replacement of Stafford. 

6) Nick Coe, DL, Auburn: Da'Shawn Hand was a great find by Quinn. However, he struggled with injuries last year. Coe offers a lot of size and versatility. He has the potential to fill that spot if Hand's injury is more of a long term problem. 

Oh, and @goldfishwars I forgot to mention that you had Gordon listed twice. Super easy thing to do and just trying to help you out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Fish, I appreciate the effort that this has to take. However, I have to agree with @Superduperman on this draft for the Lions. 

A better draft would be:

1) Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State: I disagree with Supes on this one. Okudah fits the profile of what the Patriots/Lions want in a CB. Oruwariye is a 5th round pick that is showing promise but is unproven. Slay is getting older and his future in Detroit is a question mark right now. 

Got nothing to do with whether he fits the profile. We're talking about the 3rd overall pick here. You don't take a profile fit at #3 overall. You take your shot at a franchise changing player at #3 if one is there, and in this draft there are three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×