Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

What don't you like? Guys I selected seem like fits for what they like to do. 

It's your draft and no one has a crystal ball, so this is all just hyperbole. 

I like your first two picks for sure in Brown and Diggs. I am preferring Okudah over Brown at this point but we're just splitting hairs.  If Brown is the pick at #3, this is an ideal situation to get a guy like Diggs there. I'm not thrilled with Strowbridge but the Lions seem to like him, so he could be a fit there. 

The big issue is Woodward. He's 235. Lions are looking for guys 240 - 250 at LB. Jarrad Davis was drafted for a different scheme. Christian Jones and Jahlani Tavai are both 250 lbs. 

I also feel that the Lions would target guys like Josh Kelley, Chase Claypool and Nick Coe for where they are in the draft. They've seen Kelley up close, he offers some nice power and he did well in the Senior Bowl for them. Coe can play inside and out, which they'll love. If he's there in the 6th I have to imagine that he's an option. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I like your first two picks for sure in Brown and Diggs. I am preferring Okudah over Brown at this point but we're just splitting hairs.  If Brown is the pick at #3, this is an ideal situation to get a guy like Diggs there. I'm not thrilled with Strowbridge but the Lions seem to like him, so he could be a fit there. 

The big issue is Woodward. He's 235. Lions are looking for guys 240 - 250 at LB. Jarrad Davis was drafted for a different scheme. Christian Jones and Jahlani Tavai are both 250 lbs. 

I also feel that the Lions would target guys like Josh Kelley, Chase Claypool and Nick Coe for where they are in the draft. They've seen Kelley up close, he offers some nice power and he did well in the Senior Bowl for them. Coe can play inside and out, which they'll love. If he's there in the 6th I have to imagine that he's an option. 

Thanks - seems like you didn't mind it as much as you first suggested. I did think Woodward was a little heavier to be honest. 

51 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I also don't expect anyone to be that focused on the needs and philosophy's of a 3-12-1 team. So no worries @goldfishwars. This is just me being nitpicky. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Thanks - seems like you didn't mind it as much as you first suggested. I did think Woodward was a little heavier to be honest. 

It's more the back end of the draft that is bugging me the most. I could also have some Senior Bowl tunnel vision. Although, that works in favour for Strowbridge. 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

NY Jets

11. Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
48. Curtis Weaver [ EDGE ] Boise State
68. K.J. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State
79. Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple

Love Wills @ 11.

EDGE is a need, not sold on Weaver, but can't complain.

Love Hennessy, but wondering if Hamler is an outside WR, which is the more pressing need.

Off ball LB isn't a need for us, a late RB is almost a 100% certainty, and it'd be nice to grab a CB or double dip at EDGE or triple dip at OL.

Can't complain at all for us.

:x

Edited by Kyu
  • Like 1

NY Jets

11. Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
48. Curtis Weaver [ EDGE ] Boise State
68. K.J. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State
79. Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple
117. Hunter Bryant [ TE ] Washington
157. Joshua Kelley [ RB ] UCLA
190. Cameron Brown [ LB ] Penn State
224. Aaron Parker [ WR ] Rhode Island

Very solid, realistic, interesting mock. I think if this scenario played out this way, Becton would be the pick in round 1. My hunch is he's their top OL in the draft, followed by Wirfs. Weaver is interesting and definitely a fit for the type of EDGE our front office is rumored to value. KJ Hamler is a personal favorite of mine, but I think the Jets would opt for Donovan Peoples-Jones or Michael Pittman in that scenario. Matt Hennessy is a player that I know for sure to be on the Jets radar. Day 3 is too hard to project this far out, some solid picks there. Cameron Brown at 190 would be awesome. I'd be livid if we selected Bryant over Van Jefferson (son of our Asst. HC/WRs coach) or and the other receivers on the board for that matter. Seems to becoming a popular position to invest in, but another 4th feels like overkill. Herndon, when healthy, is a top 12 TE, we signed Ryan Griffin to a 3 year extension, and selected Trevon Wesco 121 last year, but wit the way teams are loading up at TE and considering the Jets are always good for a curveball, it wouldn't be surprising. 

Great work overall. 

• Like 1

22. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
54. Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU
86. Damien Lewis [ IOL ] LSU
125. Larrell Murchison [ IDL ] NC State
154. Anthony McFarland [ RB ] Maryland
166. Devin Duvernay [ WR ] Texas
187. AJ Green [ CB ] Oklahoma State
200. Joe Gaziano [ EDGE ] Northwestern U
206. Joseph Charlton [ P ] South Carolina

Pretty different Bills draft from the norm, but not bad.  I like the first two players.  If we dont resign Spain and kick Ford to tackle, then Lewis makes sense.  Murchinson is a solid replacement for Jordan Phillips.  I would prefer a power back to complement Motor Singletary.  The next three picks dont excite me as players but its the right positions.  YES to the punter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Very solid, realistic, interesting mock. I think if this scenario played out this way, Becton would be the pick in round 1. My hunch is he's their top OL in the draft, followed by Wirfs. Weaver is interesting and definitely a fit for the type of EDGE our front office is rumored to value. KJ Hamler is a personal favorite of mine, but I think the Jets would opt for Donovan Peoples-Jones or Michael Pittman in that scenario. Matt Hennessy is a player that I know for sure to be on the Jets radar. Day 3 is too hard to project this far out, some solid picks there. Cameron Brown at 190 would be awesome. I'd be livid if we selected Bryant over Van Jefferson (son of our Asst. HC/WRs coach) or and the other receivers on the board for that matter. Seems to becoming a popular position to invest in, but another 4th feels like overkill. Herndon, when healthy, is a top 12 TE, we signed Ryan Griffin to a 3 year extension, and selected Trevon Wesco 121 last year, but wit the way teams are loading up at TE and considering the Jets are always good for a curveball, it wouldn't be surprising. 

Great work overall. 

Thanks man

Packers.

30. Ross Blacklock [ IDL ] TCU
62. Isaiah Wilson [ OT ] Georgia
94. Evan Weaver [ LB ] California
133. KJ Hill [ WR ] Ohio State
174. Harrison Hand [ CB ] Temple
191. Chase Claypool [ WR ] Notre Dame
208. Trystan Colon-Castillo [ IOL ] Missouri
223. Mitchell Wilcox [ TE ] South Florida
241. Jordan Fuller [ S ] Ohio State

Very interesting Packers picks and a solid understanding of what they need. It's always tough to get into the minds of each team when it isn't your own, so I appreciate anyone who makes that effort.

Round 1. I am very much in favour of a DL pick in round one. The Pack need someone with talent alongside NT Kenny Clark and Blacklock would be a fine addition. Speed, size strength, good hand-usage and enough fluidity............ what's not to like.

Round 2. While I can see why an OT is chosen in round 2, I'd personally opt to keep Packers RT Bryan Bulaga for another 3 years (at a probable cost of about $10m pa, he has played very well in 2019) and also re-sign Jared Veldheer as his backup in case of injury. That means OT can be pushed onto the back burner a bit this year, allowing higher picks at other positions. With the options available at #62 I'd go with WR Denzel Mims (who went at the next pick) for the outside receiver, instead. The Packers already have a good no.1 WR, but need a credible no.2.

Round 3. LB Evan Weaver. Good pick and the need is high, don't change a thing.

Round 4.  WR K.J.Hill Even if the Packers took WR Mims in the 2nd as I suggested, the Packers could still do with a slot guy. Hill could fill that role. 

Round 5. Pick #174 CB Harrison Hand. The one pick I didn't like at all. With the almost certain loss of TE Jimmy Graham ($8m cap saving) and Marcedes Lewis maybe having one more year, I'd go with TE Cheyenne O'Grady instead (taken at #179), to pair with last years TE Sternberger (taken in the 3rd) as the future.

Round 6. Nothing wrong with drafting a second WR, but as I already have two (and a whole bunch of potential 3/4/5/6 options already on the roster), I'd go with the next RB to be taken in your draft, the Baylor RB JaMychal Hasty. These small, fast elusive RBs are becoming more valuable and although a 5'8" RB isn't Green Bay's normal mo,  it would add a dynamic element to their game and having had such success with RB Aaron Jones (5'9", 208) they could well be willing to consider shorter RBs, especially if they are over 200lb (Hasty listed at 203).

Round 6b IOL Colon-Castillo could easily be the position group to be upgraded, solid positional pick here and GB like later OL picks. TheDraftNetwork ranks him at #350 overall, but there often isn't much difference in talent between late picks, so that's ok. He might be a bit slow-footed for a Packers pick though, as they like their centers pretty mobile, but I don't know a significantly better IOL pick here.

Round 7 (#223) I took a TE a bit higher, so if LB Quarterman was still here (taken at #226 in your mock), I'd have him instantly, unless he has some character issues I don't know about.

Round 7b S Jordan Fuller. Great last pick.

Very nice draft overall for the Packers, thanks for your efforts.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

I could see the Eagles trading up, specifically for Ruggs, but not for that steep of a price. They've come out publicly stating that they will keep their picks and get younger.

Could more likely see them giving up one of their comp 3rd or 4th rounders to move up a few spots. But no way they give up 53 overall. Way too much talent in that 53 range to trade it and they'll know that.

We are tied for the least amount of draft selections over the past 2 years with ten total selections. I love me some Ruggs though.

16. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
47. J.K. Dobbins [ RB ] Ohio State
55. Lloyd Cushenberry III [ IOL ] LSU
78. Rashard Lawrence [ IDL ] LSU
116. Jared Pinkney [ TE ] Vanderbilt
156. Joe Bachie Jr [ LB ] Michigan State
227. Thakarius Keys [ CB ] Tulane

Great picks. This would be perfect.

• Like 1