Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

First, awesome job as always on this.  I know this is a lot of work.  I would be happy with your choices but have a few suggestions or changes I would make if I were to make the picks.

10. Cleveland  - Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa

I like this pick and think whichever of the 4 OTs (WIrfs, Wills, Thomas, Becton) is available and that they like the best should be their pick here.

41. Cleveland  - Ashtyn Davis [ S ] California

Not a huge fan of Davis but only saw a couple of games. He seemed to run himself out of tackles on a couple of occasions. Not impressed with the Safety class overall in this draft. I would prefer either of these two guys as filling a bigger need this early and maybe pursue safeties in free agency or later in the draft.

Prince Tega Wanogho [ OT ] Auburn

Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan

74. Cleveland  - Isaiah Wilson [ OT ] Georgia

He is fine and seems to give a lot of effort in the couple games I saw but I would prefer one of the other OL listed above over him, and I also like Winfield over Davis as a Safety so if the board fell this way this is what I would prefer.

Antoine Winfield Jr [ S ] Minnesota

90. Cleveland (From Houston) - Damien Lewis [ IOL ] LSU

I like Bredeson a lot but could be a Big10 bias as I saw him more.

Ben Bredeson [ IOL ] Michigan

112. Cleveland  - Jordyn Brooks [ LB ] Texas Tech

I really like this pick. He would contribute I think fairly quickly at least in certain spots. Seems like a pretty sure tackler which they could use.

186. Cleveland (From Arizona) - Josiah Coatney [ DT ] Ole Miss

Raequan Williams [ IDL ] Michigan State

I don’t know anything about Coatney but I do like Williams if he is available here as depth.

243. Cleveland (From Green Bay) - Darrynton Evans [ RB ] Appalachian State

I know nothing about Evans but am familiar with both of the  guys below and think they could both contribute at spots of greater need.

David Dowell [ S ] Michigan St.

Branden Bowen [ OT/OG ] Ohio State

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Miami

3. Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
26. Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
39. Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
56. Jonathan Taylor [ RB ] Wisconsin
70. Netane Muti [ IOL ] Fresno State
142. Isaiah Hodgins [ WR ] Oklahoma State
161. Michael Ojemudia [ CB ] Iowa
164. Brian Cole [ S ] Mississippi State
184. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami
196. Tyler Bass [ K ] Georgia Southern
245. JaMychal Hasty [ RB ] Baylor
249. Brendan Bowen [ OT ] Ohio State

Interesting, but I think a better pick at 142 is either Anfernee Jennings [ EDGE ] Alabama (who you had going at #150) or Kenny Willekes [ EDGE ] Michigan State (at 151). That doesn't change that we could still look at/draft Garvin at 184, in this scenario. We need to find DE's. This is and has been a problem for us recently and we need to start looking for new ones!! Getting a few DE's is not a bad idea and is completely plausible. And I'm not opposed to Sean Pollard [ IOL ] Clemson (at 246) instead of Hasty at 245. Turning stones for OL is important.

3. Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
26. Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
39. Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
56. Jonathan Taylor [ RB ] Wisconsin
70. Netane Muti [ IOL ] Fresno State
142. Afernee Jennings or Kenny Willekes [EDGE]
161. Michael Ojemudia [ CB ] Iowa
164. Brian Cole [ S ] Mississippi State
184. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami
196. Tyler Bass [ K ] Georgia Southern
245. Sean Pollard [IOL]
249. Brendan Bowen [ OT ] Ohio State

1 QB,
4 OL,
1 RB, 
(6 offensive prospects)

2 EDGE,
1 LB,
1 CB,
1 S,
(6 defensive prospects)

1 K
(1 special teams player to challenge)

and a lot of high round draft capital next year and salary cap to help FA this and next year. 

• Like 1

Don’t know much about the OT taken with the 4th round comp.  If he can play Guard then fine otherwise I would take Breseden. It looks like Whitworth wants to come back for a year and Noteboom is still thought to be his successor. Other than that I like the positions addressed and really like some of the players taken.

• Like 1

Green Bay

30. Neville Gallimore [ IDL ] Oklahoma
62. Denzel Mims [ WR ] Baylor
94. Brycen Hopkins [ TE ] Purdue
133. Tyre Phillips [ OT ] Mississippi State
174. Quartney Davis [ WR ] Texas A&M
191. Anthony McFarland [ RB ] Maryland
208. Michael Pinkney [ LB ] Miami
223. Trystan Colon-Castillo [ IOL ] Missouri
241. Shyheim Carter [ S ] Alabama

I could really get on board with these first 3 picks, but it would entirely depend on how the Packers approach the ILB position in Free Agency. I don't know that if we let Blake Martinez walk and we don't shell out money in Free Agency towards that position that we don't address this in the first 3 rounds of the draft. However, if they do, then this is probably the most ideal situation for GB. 

• Like 1

The trades are off.

Miami is overpaying a mid-2nd round pick to trade up two spots. At least give back the Lions' third. It's still a premium, but not as big a one.
Indianapolis does not own #7, they want to acquire it. Again, they overpay significantly. Just use Indy's pick at #44.
The last one is closest. If you give back Tampa's 4th it's quite close. 

You already have my thoughts on the Chiefs' picks. That said, consider a penetrating DT. Chris Jones is a free agent. He says he wants to return, but...

J

Titans picks are great.  I could nitpick about this guy over that guy, but that's it.  They probably want to come away with a WR, but they don't have many picks, so they'd need to trade down to make that happen.  Needs addressed everywhere, in a way that makes sense right now.

Everything could change for them after free agency with so many ways to go, but where they sit now, that would be a stellar draft.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:16 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

Not sure if Miami needs to trade up to get Tua as it seems like the teams in front of them all have their QBs set for the foreseeable future.  Unless you think Detroit would trade Stafford and pick up Tua.  

Detroit can clearly trade the ick to another team wanting him too, you know

On 2/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

Not sure if Miami needs to trade up to get Tua as it seems like the teams in front of them all have their QBs set for the foreseeable future.  Unless you think Detroit would trade Stafford and pick up Tua.  

They might have to trade up to avoid getting jumped, nothing to do with the needs of teams in front of them. 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:03 AM, onejayhawk said:

The trades are off.

Miami is overpaying a mid-2nd round pick to trade up two spots. At least give back the Lions' third. It's still a premium, but not as big a one.
Indianapolis does not own #7, they want to acquire it. Again, they overpay significantly. Just use Indy's pick at #44.
The last one is closest. If you give back Tampa's 4th it's quite close. 

You already have my thoughts on the Chiefs' picks. That said, consider a penetrating DT. Chris Jones is a free agent. He says he wants to return, but...

J

According to what? No team actually follows that "value chart" if you look up past trades he falls right in line with value. The Jets traded 3 seconds to move up from #6 to #3 for a far inferior prospect. To think Miami wouldn't give up #18 is kind of laughable. I actually think they would have to give up more for Detroit to move that pick. For the Indianapolis trade, the Bills just traded 2 second rounders to move from #12 to #7 in 2018, so giving up #34 wouldn't be out of the question, especially when moving up to get a QB. 

I honestly think he has underpaid on 2 of the trades, but thats usually how it works until we see what teams actually get.