Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

I would be pretty happy with this haul for the Falcons come draft day for sure.  I personally would take Epenesa who i have as a top 10 player over Chassion who i have around pick 20 or so. I just like AJ better and prefer the bigger guy for the Falcons right now.  The rest of the picks are spot on and perfect picks in the correct round where those needs should be drafted at.  Overall it gets an A from me even with Chassion in the 1st.  AJ Epenesa makes it an A+ and i don't think we could have done any better at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

lol you play waaaaay to much Madden. Its not the same in real life. What team, picking at #1, would trade out of that spot and not draft this generational QB?

A team that already has their QB.  Just answering your question :)    BTW:  did I open a can of worms with my comments or what....love it :) 

The only thing I think you missed was OT unless you have the Titans resigning Conklin which I really can’t see right now. Humphries just got paid 15m per year as an slightly above average player if that. Conklin will easily be the highest paid RT in football and I can’t see Tennessee giving it to him. I think they’ll resign Dennis Kelly and draft a rookie relatively high(first 3 rounds) to compete with Kelly.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

lol you play waaaaay to much Madden. Its not the same in real life. What team, picking at #1, would trade out of that spot and not draft this generational QB?

Say Russel Wilson gets injured, god forbid, and Seattle implodes and goes 3-13, you don't think they would want to trade down to build around Russ? Or are they going they to take the generational talent at QB?

6 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Say Russel Wilson gets injured, god forbid, and Seattle implodes and goes 3-13, you don't think they would want to trade down to build around Russ? Or are they going they to take the generational talent at QB?

So that’s what you want to bank your future on? That’s what you think you organization is going to bank their future on? A freak injury? Lol ok, good luck with that. 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Pittsburgh

49. Julian Okwara [ EDGE ] Notre Dame
102. Harrison Bryant [ TE ] Florida Atlantic
121. Saahdiq Charles [ OT [ LSU
132. Tyler Johnson [ WR ] Minnesota
197. Kyle Vildor [ CB ] Georgia Southern
231. Darius Anderson [ RB ] TCU

I like it but that pick in the 2nd will be up in the air until March 18th.  If they sign/tag Dupree ( I fully expect them too) then EDGE is not a need.  IDL becomes much more of a need then because I call all but guarantee they are not keeping Hargraves.  I seriously doubt they will draft a RB.  THey have 3 drafted RBs on the roster now and will not give up on any of them.  My guess is that the Steelers will draft multiple Oline in this draft.  Adding a IOL would do well.  With all reports that they are keeping McDonald, TE may not be a need except for depth.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:21 AM, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

So that’s what you want to bank your future on? That’s what you think you organization is going to bank their future on? A freak injury? Lol ok, good luck with that. 

Didnt say it was going to happen but you all are in speaking in absolutes as if its impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

From 3/4

Goldie, you seem to have a good grasp on Seattles tendencies and needs. Props.

27. Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama

Diggs has been attached to Seattle during and post combine. Fits the profile. This is uncharted territory, as PCJS has never drafted a CB in the 1st or 2nd. Shaq Girffin is the highest drafted in the 3rd. IMO Diggs is a luxury pick. He could be an upgrade over Flowers, but honestly, that wouldnt make a big impact on defense in 2020. My preference would be other positions of need. OT Austin Jackson or Isiah Wilson make sense. Both explosive players Seattle likes. Ruiz seems to be a good lowkey pick, that would add to a depleted position. 

59. Jeremy Chinn [ S ] Southern Illinois

Chinn checks all the boxes from a profile. Dude would fit right in as a Seahawks pick. For me, personally, spending draft capital at arguable, Seattles strongest defensive unit (McDougald, Blair, Diggs) would be a tough pill to swallow. I feel like Okwara, Anae, Peart, Cleveland, Akers, or Hennessey make a lot of sense here too. 

64. Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU

Yes, yes, and yes. Perfect.

100. Nick Harris [ IOL ] Washington

Local guy at a position of need. Not sure if Harris has the measurables Seattle looks for on the OL. Other considerations would be Alton Robinson,  Willie Gay, Adeniji, or Richard Lawrence.

130. Carlos Davis [ IDL ] Nebraska

Not gonna lie, know nothing about this guy. Other Intriguing names I see here would be Sternberg or AGG

143. Charlie Heck [ OT ] North Carolina

A guy that I have seen attached to Seattle. Nice Choice.

153. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami

Definitely fits the profile. Tested great, has good measurables.

212. Lamar Jackson [ CB ] Nebraska

From what I have read (from Hawks bloggers) Lamar has the length, but not the twitchiness Seattle covets.

240. Chapelle Russell [ LB ] Temple

Got nothing. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1