Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

14 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

What I'm hearing from the local Bengals writers is they will probably take a WR in 2 or 3, and I'd have a hard time passing on Higgins at 33.

Hard time passing on someone who might be able to keep your franchise QB upright. 

• Like 1

16. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
47. D'Andre Swift [ RB ] Georgia
55. Raekwon Davis [ IDL ] Alabama
78. Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple
116. Darnay Holmes [ CB ] UCLA
156. Davion Taylor [ LB ] Colorado
227. Myles Dorn [ S ] North Carolina

Extremely strong draft for the Falcons and one that is believable based on our needs and the value at each pick.   I personally prefer Epenesa over Chassion but Chassion is a Quinn type of guy so it's very possible they take him over AJ.   Overall from what i know of the Falcons and what i think what our draft would look like on draft day this would be it.  A+ and i'll take it and be pretty happy with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

16. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
47. D'Andre Swift [ RB ] Georgia
55. Raekwon Davis [ IDL ] Alabama
78. Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple
116. Darnay Holmes [ CB ] UCLA
156. Davion Taylor [ LB ] Colorado
227. Myles Dorn [ S ] North Carolina

Extremely strong draft for the Falcons and one that is believable based on our needs and the value at each pick.   I personally prefer Epenesa over Chassion but Chassion is a Quinn type of guy so it's very possible they take him over AJ.   Overall from what i know of the Falcons and what i think what our draft would look like on draft day this would be it.  A+ and i'll take it and be pretty happy with it.

Thanks man - where would the Falcons play Epenesa at this point? 

Edited by goldfishwars

13 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Hard time passing on someone who might be able to keep your franchise QB upright. 

The team, for some weird reason, seems to think Bobby Hart is Ok.  Fans don't.  Throw in the fact that we got Fred Johnson off of waivers mid season, and he played reasonably well, and the team thinks they have all the competition they need at the spot.  We aren't disagreeing with your take, but just stating what the team is saying publicly.  And TBH, they don't send smokescreens about their intentions.  It ends up like a double psych move to those who believe it's just a bluff.

• Like 1

On 2020-01-31 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Cincinnati

1. Joe Burrow [ QB ] LSU
33. Austin Jackson [ OT ] USC
65. Malik Harrison [ LB ] Ohio State
104. Shane Lemieux [ IOL ] Oregon
145. Van Jefferson [ WR ] Florida
179. Nick Coe [ IDL ] Auburn
214. Trajan Bandy [ CB ] Miami

Looks good overall. Love Joe, love Lemieux, like Jefferson and Harrison. Only things I could comment on is adding Tyler Bass late, and what direction we go at pick 33. All sources indicate the Bengals are higher on their offensive line than people think, and that 33 will be BPA on a either a receiver or the best defensive player available (eying LB, CB and DT - likely in that order). So with that in mind, Zack Baun, Jeff Gladney, and Tee Higgins are what I’d imagine the top of their board looking like. If I had to guess (depending on what happens in FA) I think they take Baun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Thanks man - where would the Falcons play Epenesa at this point? 

DE replacing Clayborn or Beasley on 1st and 2nd downs then possibly slide in on 3rd downs next to grady as a extra pass rusher as we hopefully bring in another pass rusher via FA to put on the outside as well and rotate guys.  Although if Epenesa blows up and becomes a pure 3 down pass rusher from the RDE spot and doesn't need to be moved inside that would be a huge win as well lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

DE replacing Clayborn or Beasley on 1st and 2nd downs then possibly slide in on 3rd downs next to grady as a extra pass rusher as we hopefully bring in another pass rusher via FA to put on the outside as well and rotate guys.  Although if Epenesa blows up and becomes a pure 3 down pass rusher from the RDE spot and doesn't need to be moved inside that would be a huge win as well lol.

Thanks man

On 1/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

LA Rams

52. Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan
84. Darrell Taylor [ EDGE ] Tennessee
123. Troy Dye [ LB ] Oregon
137. Julian Blackmon [ S ] Utah
198. Josiah Coatney [ IDL ] Ole Miss
233. Yasir Durrant [ OT ] Missouri

Love the work as always. Don't know that I'd go safety in the 4th. I might go Van Jefferson there. It's a real possibility we move Woods and/or Cooks over the next two years and somebody to groom into a starting spot works well. Even Cephus. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Thanks man

NP at all although im sure theirs plenty of people who prefer Chassion to AJ that are Falcon fans and i can't argue with them on it because he's a solid player as well.   Only time you will see me complain a good bit is if we pick a TE or CB in the 1st 3 rounds or skip on a really good DT in round 1 like Brown or Kinlaw or in round 2.

• Like 1