Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

I don’t think they’ll target OT that high. Kelly was resigned today a 3 yr deal and they signed Ty Sambrailo to probably take Kelly’s role as the swing OT. I do expect them to draft one in the mid to late rounds but I think they’re happy with their current situation right now. I’d go with Jeff Gladney in the first. Adoree is likely getting his 5th year option picked up but Butler could be playing his last season in Tennessee especially if he sucks this year(played pretty well last season before the injury). Logan Ryan is also a FA this year and I highly doubt he’ll be back with the price tag he apparently wants. In the 2nd round with the redraft of Gladney, I’d go Cam Akers. Henry is on the franchise tag and it might be time to start preparing for him not to be in a Titans uniform past this season. Plus they currently have no #2 RB and Akers fits the role perfect and can play on the 3rd downs. The rest of the draft, I really like. Getting Anae that late is a steal and someone who I think fits with Vrabel. Overall a very solid mock for the Titans.

This one got much better i like most of the players and picks and the only thing i would have changed is going Amik Robertson in round 3 as we have a legit need at CB and is a much bigger need than OG.  Then going OG or Center  in round 4 with BPA  as they would highly likely ride the pine for a year or 2 behind our G and C depth even if it was a round 3 guy.  Where as Amik would come in right away and be our Nickleback and be on the field day 1.     Still not a bad draft at all and i wouldn't hate any of it  as the 1st 2 picks in Chassion and Gallimore are amazing picks.  It's just something i would have done based on how the team is setup is all :)  I probably would have went with Aj Dillon as well over Gibson as im pretty high on Dillon and think he would be a good replacement for Gurley if he went down with injury or wasn't right.   With that said Gibson for his size is an incredible athlete and i could see him becoming something serious behind the right coach.  So not complaining about this pick either just something i might have done. 

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

Can’t imagine a scenario where the Vikes don’t take a CB until round 3. I think it’s pretty much a sure thing they take one in round one. I wouldn’t value WR as a round one need, still think this team needs more along the DL and at OT. Sure they could take a WR but I question if it actually makes sense given they already have a top 15 WR in Thielen and will run a two TE heavy offense. As opposed to not having a true penetrating UT and losing Everson Griffen. While Odinigbo is likely filling in at RE, MN employs a heavy DE rotation.

I wouldn’t trust the Vikes to actually draft a successful WR early anyway.

Edited by vikingsrule

On 1/31/2020 at 3:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Buffalo
54. J.K. Dobbins [ RB ] Ohio State
86. Bryce Hall [ CB ] Virginia
128. Jabari Zuniga [ EDGE ] Florida
156. Kevin Dotson [ IOL ] Louisiana
189. Bravvion Roy [ IDL ] Baylor
202. Trajan Bandy [ CB ] Miami
240. Darnell Mooney [ WR ] Tulane

Those first three rounds are perfect.

Everything else is icing on this tables, ladders and chairs cake. 

• Like 1

Philadelphia
21. Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
53. Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU
103. Troy Pride Jr [ CB ] Notre Dame
127. Brandon Jones [ S ] Texas
145. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami
146. Michael Onwenu [ IOL ] Michigan
169. Justin Strnad [ LB ] Wake Forest
191. Joshua Kelley [ RB ] UCLA

Why give the eagles a linebacker in the first again? I can't see that happening at all. It's like being wrong on purpose.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Kansas City
32. A.J. Terrell [ CB ] Clemson
63. Cam Akers [ RB ] Florida State
96. Solomon Kindley [ IOL ] Georgia
138. Joe Bachie Jr [ LB ] Michigan State
178. Raequan Williams [ IDL ] Michigan State

I prefer Zack Moss over Cam Akers. Other than that, I'd be happy with this result.

I really want a WR out of this class. But with us re-signing Robinson and Watkins, I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Philadelphia
21. Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
53. Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU
103. Troy Pride Jr [ CB ] Notre Dame
127. Brandon Jones [ S ] Texas
145. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami
146. Michael Onwenu [ IOL ] Michigan
169. Justin Strnad [ LB ] Wake Forest
191. Joshua Kelley [ RB ] UCLA

Why give the eagles a linebacker in the first again? I can't see that happening at all. It's like being wrong on purpose.

Enlighten us, who would you take - since mocks seem to not fit who you want the eagles to take 🙄

Great work @goldfishwars as always. You cover all the 3 position groups the Joe Douglas has made clear the Jets will go heavy on: WR, DE, OL.  Still not convinced the Jets will go WR round 1 the tackles are still available, but it's certainly possible. Terrell Lewis is a player I really want as a fan, but I personally don't think he'll make it to 48. Being said he's certainly someone I'd love seeing in green and white. Just can't teach his traits and while the injuries are concerning, but he's the kind of guy you take a risk on if you're looking to hit a home run. Star potential. 

A few notes on some Douglas trends as they relate to teams he's been a member of (since 2002): 

• First round: OL most often (4 times) with DE (3) the next most frequent 
  • Second round: Douglas always cites Ozzie Newsome regarding his draft philosophy, so one trend to point out that makes sense: Ozzie used 8/17 2nd round picks on EDGE rusher during his tenure as GM (2002-2018). I don't think it to be a coincidence.  
  • Third round: Douglas teams targeted OL often in round 3, but DB was the most popular trend (4 safeties, 2 CBs). 
  • Fourth round: RB, WR, and DE galore. 6 4th's spent on RBs, 5 on WRs, and another 5 on DEs. Ravens loved stockpiling 4th round picks
  • Fifth round: pretty random - no real trend, but TE was a popular pick. 
  • Sixth round: QBs, WRs, and OL most frequent selection.
  • Seventh round: WRs and RBs overwhelming majority
  • Like 1