Goldfish's 7 Rounds (Updated 04/01/2020)

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Miami doesn't have to trade up though. As @praegler  said, Miami can take BPA or even Herbert at 5 and keep all of their picks. They're not backed into a wall like these other teams.

So you'd trade your two picks where the most value is? LOL. I'd love to see you as a GM.

If Miami likes Tua more than Herbert (as they should), they're not gonna settle for the latter. 

• Like 1

Philadelphia

21. C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
53. Brandon Aiyuk [ WR ] Arizona State
85. K.J. Hamler [ WR ] Penn State
103. Terrell Burgess [ S ] Utah
124. Evan Weaver [ LB ] California
140. Darryl Williams [ IOL ] Mississippi State
165. Bravvion Roy [ IDL ] Baylor
167. Alex Highsmith [ EDGE ] Charlotte
189. Alex Taylor [ OT ] South Carolina State

Solid just missing the eagles 4th round comp for Golden Tate. 

16 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

If Miami likes Tua more than Herbert (as they should), they're not gonna settle for the latter. 

I understand what you are saying and if the next time a Great QB prospect was going to enter the draft was years away, I might agree with you, but with Lawrence coming out next year, and the Draft capital they have next year as well, I can see them sitting and waiting to see if Tua falls to them at 5.  If not, then build the Lines, get them a year under their belts and go for Lawrence next year.

27 minutes ago, praegler said:

I understand what you are saying and if the next time a Great QB prospect was going to enter the draft was years away, I might agree with you, but with Lawrence coming out next year, and the Draft capital they have next year as well, I can see them sitting and waiting to see if Tua falls to them at 5.  If not, then build the Lines, get them a year under their belts and go for Lawrence next year.

If Lawrence is the clear-cut top guy next year, you assume that the team picking at #1 next year will give up Lawrence for a draft booty.

39 minutes ago, praegler said:

What if Lawrence gets an injury? Or decides not to come out? Do you just wait another year? Teams don't just wait and guess on the future. They evaluate whats in front of them. Tua was a lock top prospect, and the easy #1 overall pick until the injury. If the medical staff clears him, which they should, Miami will do everything in their power to get him. Waiting makes sense when you live in ifs, and hypotheticals. But in the real world, you have to deal with whats placed in front of you. 

No team can assume they can just trade up for Lawrence.  Unless you have that #1 pick, odds are extremely high, you aren't getting him.  The Dolphins aren't going to tank again in 2020, because they are going to use the draft capital they have now and get better than the team that finished with the 5th pick this year, in a year where the front office was trying to tank.  I'd say the odds are greater that the Dolphins pick outside the top 10 than they do at picking #1 in 2021.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, goldfishwars said:

Minnesota

25. Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
58. Jordan Elliott [ IDL ] Missouri
89. Logan Stenberg [ IOL ] Kentucky
129. Isaiah Hodgins [ WR ] Oklahoma State
138. Jonathan Garvin [ EDGE ] Miami
204. Charlie Heck [ OT ] North Carolina
218. Michael Pinkney [ LB ] Miami
238. Robert Windsor [ IDL ] Penn State
251. John Molchon [ IOL ] Boise State
252. Binjimen Victor [ WR ] Ohio St.

I really like this updated Vikings draft. I'm not 100% sold on WR that early just with the offensive system that we're running, but I wouldn't complain about getting a WR there either, I could see it being an additional CB at some point in time as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I really like this updated Vikings draft. I'm not 100% sold on WR that early just with the offensive system that we're running, but I wouldn't complain about getting a WR there either, I could see it being an additional CB at some point in time as well.

Makes sense, thanks man

On 2/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, THE DUKE said:

No team can assume they can just trade up for Lawrence.  Unless you have that #1 pick, odds are extremely high, you aren't getting him.  The Dolphins aren't going to tank again in 2020, because they are going to use the draft capital they have now and get better than the team that finished with the 5th pick this year, in a year where the front office was trying to tank.  I'd say the odds are greater that the Dolphins pick outside the top 10 than they do at picking #1 in 2021.

First, I don't think anyone believes that Miami will have the #1 pick next year. If Miami wants Lawrence they're obviously going to have to trade up.

Miami has two 1st's and 2nd's in 2021. Now that I'm thinking about it, IF they really wanted Lawrence they could trade pick 18 this year for a 2021 1st and some mid-round picks then package possibly three 1st round picks in 2021 and an early pick in 2022 for #1. 

4 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

First, I don't think anyone believes that Miami will have the #1 pick next year. If Miami wants Lawrence they're obviously going to have to trade up.

Miami has two 1st's and 2nd's in 2021. Now that I'm thinking about it, IF they really wanted Lawrence they could trade pick 18 this year for a 2021 1st and some mid-round picks then package possibly three 1st round picks in 2021 and an early pick in 2022 for #1. 

lol you play waaaaay to much Madden. Its not the same in real life. What team, picking at #1, would trade out of that spot and not draft this generational QB?

Edited by CHOMP_CHOMP

23 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

And the team with #1 still won't trade away Lawrence.

• Like 1